Mutant leaves on all clones

• Thread starter ABOMBS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ABOMBS

ABOMBS

Good day all
I'm helping a friend with his outdoor grow. All his clones are growing weird curled up leaves. Every plant looks like this. 🥴.

Sorry the pic kinda sucks but the entire plants looks like the pic.

The guy he got them from was also his source last year and they had problems too not. curly leaves but strange growth patterns.

My guess is too many generations of cloning.
Be interested in you guys take
Thanks

Mutant leaves on all clones
mancorn

mancorn

I’ve seen similar when a plant revegetates. If the clones were done under 24 or 18 hrs of light and then went outside early - almost assuredly it will reveg.

ABOMBS

ABOMBS

So are they likely to recover and grow normally.?
or are they going to be a mangled mess all the way through.
I realize you don't have a crystal ball but a best guess would be great.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You'll get a lot of branches out of an old bud on a revegging plant. Wait a week or two and see which branches are strongest, and heading in directions you can accept. Clip off the others for clones or throw them away.

It will grow normally after a couple of weeks. You'll see lots of single-leaflet leaves.

mancorn

mancorn

So are they likely to recover and grow normally.?
or are they going to be a mangled mess all the way through.
I realize you don't have a crystal ball but a best guess would be great.
Hard to tell from your picture, but I’d expect it to be funky going forward. Not that you won’t get good buds, but they tend to stay real leafy. Don’t cut off bud sites, but make sure you clean up the bottom (give yourself the classic lollipop cut) and thin it out.

if you’re picking up clones from a local dispensary it’s best to wait until June. The tendency is to try and get out early in hopes of a larger plant, but more times then not it bites you in the ass and by the time it flips to flower and then revegetates you loose any time advantage.

Top Bottom