Mutated seedling? Code Blue

• Thread starter halpme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
halpme

halpme

Need help with this seedling that germinated June 10th. Seemed stunted, the first true leaves are the really small ones, the second pair turned into a triple, then so forth. Seems like its really mutated? Lots of new leaves springing up over night at once. Very short, one side a leaf was wrinkled? is it Duck foot? Photos attached: First two was from 2 days ago and last two are from today.
pH is 6 with runoff water, humidity is great, temp issues were a little cold at first but now its perfect around 70s. 24 hr light w/ 2 T5 48 watt grow lamps. using organic soil, not too sure what kind.... Haven't given any nutrients yet since I am worried about nute burn, etc from the organic soil. Any advice is welcome! Thank you!

Mutated seedling code blue
Mutated seedling code blue 2
Mutated seedling code blue 3
Mutated seedling code blue 4
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Need help with this seedling that germinated June 10th. Seemed stunted, the first true leaves are the really small ones, the second pair turned into a triple, then so forth. Seems like its really mutated? Lots of new leaves springing up over night at once. Very short, one side a leaf was wrinkled? is it Duck foot? Photos attached: First two was from 2 days ago and last two are from today.
pH is 6 with runoff water, humidity is great, temp issues were a little cold at first but now its perfect around 70s. 24 hr light w/ 2 T5 48 watt grow lamps. using organic soil, not too sure what kind.... Haven't given any nutrients yet since I am worried about nute burn, etc from the organic soil. Any advice is welcome! Thank you!
Looks too wet, pH is too low, try 6.5 in soil for best results

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
KILL IT!! KILL IT BEFORE IT GROWS AND TAKES OVER THE WORLD!!!
:speechless: Actually, it's nothing at all to worry about. Sometimes plants start off funky like this, or there is another condition where they grow in 3 ways (Trifoliate?) instead of the normal 2. It's fine and will give you a great plant as long as you don't overfeed or over-mother it, and at the worst (aside from the obvious), you will get a wild looking plant. Good luck and don't fuss with it too much and you will be rewarded Don't go crazy over every spot or discoloration that you see, as they grow slowly and on their own schedule. Very slow and steady works best, and don't overfeed them!

halpme

halpme

KILL IT!! KILL IT BEFORE IT GROWS AND TAKES OVER THE WORLD!!!
:speechless: Actually, it's nothing at all to worry about. Sometimes plants start off funky like this, or there is another condition where they grow in 3 ways (Trifoliate?) instead of the normal 2. It's fine and will give you a great plant as long as you don't overfeed or over-mother it, and at the worst (aside from the obvious), you will get a wild looking plant. Good luck and don't fuss with it too much and you will be rewarded Don't go crazy over every spot or discoloration that you see, as they grow slowly and on their own schedule. Very slow and steady works best, and don't overfeed them!
Awesome thank you so much for the advice! She's lookin' pretty good so far! Tomorrow she'll be 3 weeks old from sprouting. Here's an update:

Week3
J

jerkchicken

My plants I'm running now had a few mutations on the leaves when young and they're doing just fine now! Just keep loving them and giving them what they want and they'll return the favour I'm sure!

halpme

halpme

In a few days it'll be week 4 since sprouting. I think she'll be doing just fine. Let me know when you think I could actually tell the sex of the plant haha as I have no idea.

20190705 164516
halpme

halpme

And here she is at 4 weeks yesterday. Definitely some strange growth but maybe she'll show her official gender soon! Do you think I should transplant her again into a bigger pot? I've transplanted her at one week (xsmall starter pot to small pot), three weeks to a medium and might need to at this point again maybe in the final big pot?

Update
halpme

halpme

She’ll get root bound in that pot. I would either size way up or get a fabric pot to put her in.
Got the final pot ready, I'll be moving her soon! She's 4 weeks, not seeing any male parts yet but as I have no idea what this code blue will be. Hoping she is a female! :D Thank you for the advice!

halpme

halpme

She's female! Week 6 update, when do you think I can clone her? Which branches would be best cut?

20190721 033920
20190721 033859
Received 488255228643479
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The most ideal spot to take cutting are the lowest branches. Any cutting will work and as @Beachwalker if your topping you may as well clone it.

I take my cuttings from the bottom of the plant just before flower since I do remove some of the lower branches and foliage then.

halpme

halpme

Thank you all so much!!! I'll give it a few more weeks before I remove the lower branches but I'll def clone the top!

Dan789

Dan789

Like many, who’ve posted above, clones need the size necessary by removing bottom growth. If you took a clone from the top of the plant, you’d be removing a sizable portion, where many new nodes start, I feel it’s safer to take from the bottom of the plant...just sayin.

halpme

halpme

Like many, who’ve posted above, clones need the size necessary by removing bottom growth. If you took a clone from the top of the plant, you’d be removing a sizable portion, where many new nodes start, I feel it’s safer to take from the bottom of the plant...just sayin.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll wait to do anything until shes about 8 or 9 weeks to give her more time :) she had a rough beginning and I'm sure that slowed her down then.

Top Bottom