Mutations or defects in large numbers

• Thread starter elisabethm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

elisabethm

Started out these guys a couple weeks ago, Seeing weird growing patterns. 1 came out with 3 cotyledons, is way smaller than the others, making 3 leaf sets. I heard this is fairly common. On the next one, the second true leaves that should have 3 points, one side has the big point and only one small side leaf (so 2 points) and the pair is 1 point but the smaller “points” are fused into it! The last one im worried about, the main stalk stopped growing straight up. It switched to the side branch on the second set of leaves (3 point) and is growing off of that branch now. What the hell is up with these seeds? A buddy gave me a bag of like 20-30. 3/5 i have in the ground have those mutations or defects. Is this bad genetics? Stress on mom plant? The remaining 2 are doing pretty well and they are with my 40 day old plant which is also doing well, so i don’t think I stressed them out or caused it ? If they’re bad genetics is it going to cause damage in yield or thc? Just wondering since I’m having trouble finding something to explain the three different mutations out of 5? Photos for reference in order of my list (I am treating for thrips right now so please be kind about those symptoms)

Mutations or defects in large numbers
Mutations or defects in large numbers 2
Mutations or defects in large numbers 3

In this last one, you can really see how fucked up it is. top leaf split and is growing odd, branches growing wrong out of nodes. Very confused and I just really don’t want to chop them all down. I mean this is probably a good indication all the other seeds will likely pop mutations similar?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Started out these guys a couple weeks ago, Seeing weird growing patterns. 1 came out with 3 cotyledons, is way smaller than the others, making 3 leaf sets. I heard this is fairly common. On the next one, the second true leaves that should have 3 points, one side has the big point and only one small side leaf (so 2 points) and the pair is 1 point but the smaller “points” are fused into it! The last one im worried about, the main stalk stopped growing straight up. It switched to the side branch on the second set of leaves (3 point) and is growing off of that branch now. What the hell is up with these seeds? A buddy gave me a bag of like 20-30. 3/5 i have in the ground have those mutations or defects. Is this bad genetics? Stress on mom plant? The remaining 2 are doing pretty well and they are with my 40 day old plant which is also doing well, so i don’t think I stressed them out or caused it ? If they’re bad genetics is it going to cause damage in yield or thc? Just wondering since I’m having trouble finding something to explain the three different mutations out of 5? Photos for reference in order of my list (I am treating for thrips right now so please be kind about those symptoms)

View attachment 1263649View attachment 1263650View attachment 1263652
In this last one, you can really see how fucked up it is. top leaf split and is growing odd, branches growing wrong out of nodes. Very confused and I just really don’t want to chop them all down. I mean this is probably a good indication all the other seeds will likely pop mutations similar?
I wouldn't worry about the extra cotelydon or the extra leaf,it looks like it sorted itself out,the last one looks mutated and bottom leaves look speckled,did you spray them and it's residue? Maybe have a look for bugs. All the seeds may have issues or maybe just those ones,you won't know till they germinate.

E

elisabethm

I wouldn't worry about the extra cotelydon or the extra leaf,it looks like it sorted itself out,the last one looks mutated and bottom leaves look speckled,did you spray them and it's residue? Maybe have a look for bugs. All the seeds may have issues or maybe just those ones,you won't know till they germinate.
Yes there is speckling from thrips, right above my pics i mention i’m treating for them right now so I am getting that fixed up. The other plants are doing wonderful though, just those 3 are throwing those weird defects. I’ll most likely let them do their thing unless it’s clear i’m wasting time and light on them. Have you ever seen a large number of mutations out of one batch of seeds from one plant?

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Yes there is speckling from thrips, right above my pics i mention i’m treating for them right now so I am getting that fixed up. The other plants are doing wonderful though, just those 3 are throwing those weird defects. I’ll most likely let them do their thing unless it’s clear i’m wasting time and light on them. Have you ever seen a large number of mutations out of one batch of seeds from one plant?
Yes, I just germinated a batch of african seeds and every second set of leaves was bleached, Blueberry is also another strain you will find many mutations. Most times,they grow out of it but the last pic is missing a set and if I needed the room I would dump it, if i had the room I would grow it out just for the experience and hope it was special.

Top Bottom