My 1st Banana Smack

• Thread starter OpTikFiber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Hey yall,

This is my first picture-post *ever* and dedicated to Billy Goat with his really cool OE strain's. :D I recieved a pack of Banana Smack with another BG pack I got from here at The Farm.

Started 3 beans and ended up with 1 female. She was the only one to show pre-flowers too. Vegged for 54 days from seed.

Put her into a 1 gallon with just FFOF. It was a little rich to start with. Had a few leaves pointing down from N. But that problem soon wore off and she even got top-filled with a bit more FFOF at 25days of bud-cycle. I use GH's CaMg+, AN's Tarantula, Bud Candy, Nirvana, BioBizz's TopMax, and Nature's Nectar P & K. All in moderation, per a schedule and I keep notes.

This is one of the first mostly-sativas I have grown and honestly I didn't feed long enough, next time I will add 2 weeks to my normal 8 week (indica friendly) schedule to make it 10-11weeks.

So, I harvested after these last photos, 76 days, 600watt 13 hours on 11 off. As mentioned she ran out of food at the end and most all leaves yellowed perfectly and just fell off, even out of the middle of top buds! (nice, less cutting). Trichomes, were very milky even though the pistols were mostly still white. I'm sure she could have gone longer, but was taken because of a large amount of male sacks appearing and opening. I think this was due to stress from a unfortunate-tap-water-indicant, where I ran out of bottled between days 55-65, lol. Moral of tap water is, just buy a RO filter I guess (coming soon).

Well I hope everyone enjoys these few pictures of my Banana Smack. Oh yeah the smell; "The Beach" is what the few people that have been honored of her scent all said. It started to be real fun when the third person said "the beach"! Some coconut smell, but mostly vanilla and a citrus-pineapple. I can not wait to taste this stuff and smell it dry, the smell has been so tantalizing and absolutely unique, at least in my portfolio.

My 1st banana smack

25 days
My 1st banana smack 2

My 1st banana smack 3

My 1st banana smack 4

My 1st banana smack 5

My 1st banana smack 6

My 1st banana smack 7

My 1st banana smack 8

30 days
My 1st banana smack 9

30daysa 1

My 1st banana smack 11

My 1st banana smack 10

30daysa 2

30daysa 3

30daysa 4

30daysa 5

30daysa

76 days just after picking off a t-o-n of yellow leaves...yes I know I should have grabbed the camera a few minutes sooner...:smirk
My 1st banana smack 18

My 1st banana smack 19

My 1st banana smack 20

View attachment 83725
My 1st banana smack 21

My 1st banana smack 22

My 1st banana smack 23

Cloned Mom 43days - 60% FFOF 40% FFLW. Topped only *one* time. --Amazing! Bushiest I have ever had in the same environment that has done around 10 different other strains. Again, amazing.
Mom 43days from cutting 2

Mom 43days from cutting 1

Mom 43days from cutting 3

Peace!
Mom 43days from cutting

Billygoat

Billygoat

Morning,

I've very surprised no one posted any replies. First, thanks for posting your grow and info. Very nice of you to share all the info and pictures. You sure do have some nice plants there.

I'm very surprised at the smell. I knew these would have a nice smell to them, but nothing like this. Glad to hear you and your friends are enjoying her. I'm planning on working on this one again down the road. Just got other projects that have to be down first, but I will be revisiting this one again.

Glad I set aside a few seeds for myself. I've got a question and I was wondering why your flower lights is on for 13 hours? Not telling you how to run your grow, but I would drop it down to 12 and 12. You can got more lights off, but you are confusing your MJ with more light. Just my 2-cents and not trying to tell you how to run your grow.

I think your flower time will be reduced if you do that. Very happy you listed your grow instructions and how your growing them. Thanks allot for that. That really helps others. know what works for this one.

I'm really digging the pictures. As you talked about topping and being bushy. lolol. You can thank the mother for that one. She get's monster bushy. Glad to see things are working out for you. Please let us know how she smokes and the end cure smell.. Thanks again and take care.
Later,
BG

K

koolace

Thanks for the great grow journal, im going to grow this strain out soon, you convinced me..

Billygoat

Billygoat

This cross is a BIG surprise for sure. I'm loving the picture and info. Can't wait to read more and see more. Looking very good for sure. Koolace, I'm guessing you graded some seeds from our new location. Thanks for the support and good luck with your Banana Smack. I hope she gives you a good smack in the face. lolol Jokin.
Take care,
BG

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Morning,

I've very surprised no one posted any replies. First, thanks for posting your grow and info. Very nice of you to share all the info and pictures. You sure do have some nice plants there.

I'm very surprised at the smell. I knew these would have a nice smell to them, but nothing like this. Glad to hear you and your friends are enjoying her. I'm planning on working on this one again down the road. Just got other projects that have to be down first, but I will be revisiting this one again.

Glad I set aside a few seeds for myself. I've got a question and I was wondering why your flower lights is on for 13 hours? Not telling you how to run your grow, but I would drop it down to 12 and 12. You can got more lights off, but you are confusing your MJ with more light. Just my 2-cents and not trying to tell you how to run your grow.

I think your flower time will be reduced if you do that. Very happy you listed your grow instructions and how your growing them. Thanks allot for that. That really helps others. know what works for this one.

I'm really digging the pictures. As you talked about topping and being bushy. lolol. You can thank the mother for that one. She get's monster bushy. Glad to see things are working out for you. Please let us know how she smokes and the end cure smell.. Thanks again and take care.
Later,
BG

Well I just ran to smell her. She still smells something-like "surf board wax" or "tanning lotion"!! :banana1sv6:

I have a feeling the smoke will be better the next time I grow her out though. First I won't have my tap water to mess with anymore, which really hurt my BS there at the end. I just got the RO filters lastnight and going to install this weekend. Also, you are right, I'm going to go back to the conventional 12/12 :) I had been experimenting for about 4ish months of that 13hours on and 11 off. I have to say that a few of these indicas I got going on love it. (like my WOS's Afghan Kush Special) And I really had never grown any sativas in a controlled environment, but now I have a few going and some of them take forever! So yeah really, thanks for the reminder that my 13/11 experiment needed to end. lol!!

Anyway, my final product is not as good as I can make it! (It might just take me a try or two, haha.) But the structure of the plant and the unique smell has made Banana Smack a keeper in my room for a while. And shot, I only started 3 seeds of my pack, I still have like 9-10 left to try to find a little more crystally girl ;)

Here are a few more Banana Smack photos from a different camera. I put her into bud-cycle two days ago. So this is 48days Veg and 2days Bud, grown from clone, toped only one time and no other "training". See how much taller she got in 2 days, hah?! Pretty cool rapid growth. I am going to upgrade that smaller brown pot to a 1 gallon and take just a few clones off the bottom, probably tonight.

Banana Smack   48days Veg From Cutting   2days Bud 1

Banana Smack   48days Veg From Cutting   2days Bud

This is the top main cola with a lighter for size comparison. None of my cameras right now are any good at macros. I might get a few more buds shots but I really can't zoom in too much, (sorry!)
Banana Smack

Thanks for all the positive feedback, it means so much to me. I am really glad this info will help someone else down the road.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Thanks for all the pictures. I'll be sure you get credit for any used. Let me know how they smoke. Once you get them all cured up. I'm very curious to these. Thanks again for the thread and info. They sure look and sounds good.
Take care,
BG

HarryNugz

HarryNugz

Some very nice BS's you have there and looks to be a nice yielder too!

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Hey yall! Thanks again for the kind words! I was able to borrow yet a different camera. And took a few bud shots the best I could.

Honestly I have been hesitant to show the buds up close, just because I know this strain could be grown better and as of now this is the only online representation of Banana Smack. So with that being said have a look please ;)

Got about 2 ozs from that one plant, even with the buds being "airy". Pretty good!

The taste is kinda bland, but that great smell is still there, especially with a little squeeze. I have been smoking joints more than anything. The smoke is super super smooth! You know the kind that you can blow out your nose and mouth real slow and it gets super cloudy all around you. Speedy buzz, that gets me giggly and saying silly stuff. Smoke too much and you can get a little paranoid....Rolled a real hog leg the other night by myself and watched the newest ancient aliens documentary tv show on the pc and lol I was getting kinda scared lol. :D

Enjoy pics guys...:smiley_joint:

IMG 0007

IMG 0017

IMG 0020

IMG 0034

IMG 0035

IMG 0050

IMG 0053

IMG 0054

IMG 0056

IMG 0063

IMG 0083

IMG 0107

IMG 0108

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
Hey wassup op. i unfortunately had bad hermi issues wth my banana smack..it hermied on me early in veg,in the same conditions as my raskal strawberry bub,white urk, and kali mist..but she does reek of bananas which is cool,she is also fox tailing on me....should ok, looks way different from yours though, a lil more chunky...Burn

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Hey wassup op. i unfortunately had bad hermi issues wth my banana smack..it hermied on me early in veg,in the same conditions as my raskal strawberry bub,white urk, and kali mist..but she does reek of bananas which is cool,she is also fox tailing on me....should ok, looks way different from yours though, a lil more chunky...Burn

That is crazy hermi in veg! I grew an auto-flower recently that totally hermi'ed --first one I had truely had to call hermi and not a nute or ph mess up!

Take it easy, thanks for the comment. :icon_spin:

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Hey everyone, this is 15 days. This thing is going to be a little monster it seems!

:rastadancing:

Banana Smack   15 days Bud 1

Banana Smack   15 days Bud 2

Banana Smack   15 days Bud 3

Banana Smack   15 days Bud 4

Banana Smack   15 days Bud 5

Banana Smack   15 days Bud 6

Banana Smack   15 days Bud

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hey bro lol yea that would be crazy..i meant flower..lol...sucks...

homebrew420

homebrew420

I too have a pack of these. I will be sprouting in the future. Yours looks very promising. Wish you the best of luck. Keep us updated.

Peace
HB420

southstreets

southstreets

plant looks beautiful!! i love seein me some sativas!!!

Billygoat

Billygoat

Very nice plants you got there. Can't wait to see more of them. I hope they are doing well. They look like they got a little stress in them. I'm sure they will do well in the end. Thanks again for suring the pictures and info. I hope your help with the end results.
Take care,
BG

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Actually, I gonna go ahead and fess up on this one... Last night my gf and I went to do maintenance and the Banana Smack was wilting from drying out. I of course preformed emergency flushing and just let her sit in water for about 2 hours till she perked up...but I been beating myself up all day...she isn't as pretty now ;< Mistakes happen, just upsetting when they do. On the bright side there are a ton of bud spots on this girl! But still Murphy's law, finally try to show something off and then...

;)

E

Eggman

Best wishes OTF. That plant looks to get quite bushy. Looking forward to seeing you finish this one out.
Take care
Eggman

Latest posts

Top Bottom