My 1st grow! How is my plant? :)

• Thread starter Hazyhaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hazyhaze

Hazyhaze

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but glad I joined!

Why is my plant drooping? Is this normal?
I'm feeding calmag + drinking water + GH FloraTrio @ 750ppm (PH5.5-6.5) and getting runoff between 850-950 ppm. I am watering 2x daily until i get the saucer half filled with runoff.

Plant is Amnesia Haze auto. (Age 20 days)
Pot is 10 litres, medium is coco-perlite mix
Light is on 20/4, 450w Cob Led (24inches high)
Humidity is 55-60RH, Temps 22-25Ā°C.

Ps: 4 days ago I noticed calcium deficiency (brown spots on leaves) and upped my calmag+ from 2ml to 3.5ml per gallon. (Plant was already droopy)

What do you guys think?

Thank you and Happy Easter !

My 1st grow how is my plant
My 1st grow how is my plant 2
My 1st grow how is my plant 3
Last edited:
BudBogart

BudBogart

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but glad I joined!

Why is my plant drooping? Is this normal?
I'm feeding calmag + drinking water + GH FloraTrio @ 750ppm (PH5.5-6.5) and getting runoff between 850-950 ppm. I am watering 2x daily until i get the saucer half filled with runoff.

Plant is Amnesia Haze auto. (Age 20 days)
Pot is 10 litres, medium is coco-perlite mix
Light is on 20/4, 450w Cob Led (24inches high)
Humidity is 55-60RH, Temps 22-25Ā°C.

Ps: 4 days ago I noticed calcium deficiency (brown spots on leaves) and upped my calmag+ from 2ml to 3.5ml per gallon. (Plant was already droopy)

What do you guys think?

Thank you and Happy Easter !

2x a day for water seems too much. Does the plant dry out that fast?

I have used one tablespoon of cal mag in the last 10 years.

Looks to me like a bit of bug damage with little poops on the back of the leaf, but I have a small screen so not positive.

Happy Easter.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Over watering would be my first guess as well. I also think your nute levels are a bit high for such a young plant, try getting the PPM down to 400-500 then build up. I typically feel that 1500 PPM is the absolute max for the majority of plants out there, and that is at the peak of flowering. You are already half way there with your number and are less than 3 weeks into the process. Also with your runoff numbers being higher than what you are putting into the plant you are likely just moving nutrients through the medium and the plant isn't really raking up all that much.

Also those pics of the leaf underside are too blurry to make out exactly, but it does look like you may have some bugs on there. But you may not and it may just be that the picture is out of focus. Please try and get an in focus shot of the leaves, it will be much easier to see if you have nay pests that way.

Hazyhaze

Hazyhaze

Thanks guys for your replies :)
Here are some more pics at the moment.

This is my feed recipe at the moment with drinking water. But Increased calmag from 2 to 3.5ml/gal when i saw the rusty spots.

I am following this guide here

3.5ml/gal botanicare calmag+
2.5ml/gal GH floraMicro
2.5ml/gal GH floraGro
1ml/gal floraBloom

The leaves dont feel bloated, they feel like soft to touch and not very stiff.

20190421 154252
20190421 154138
20190421 154113
20190421 154057
20190421 154047
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Plants that young will very rarely need much nutrients, especially if grown in a soil type of medium. I plant directly into the final container. This allows the roots to develop without being disturbed by repotting as well as by searching for water in a larger, less water soaked medium. I use Promix, water once daily after a few weeks...water as needed prior to this. I don't transplant because a cup of dirt dries out much differently than your final container. Promix stays damp but not wet/soggy.This encourages your roots to grow as they search for water and nutrients.
Plants are like people in a lot of ways...eating including. While it's recommended to drink 8 cups of water a day, you don't give the same amount to small kids (or small plants). Same goes for food. While a kid might grow faster by feeding them a buffet every meal, after a while the excess food can start to cause problems. Plants, like kids, need a good and complete diet, but they don't normally require a million different compounds to be healthy. Like vitamins...one a day is beneficial...any more than that you are wasting money and possibly causing issues.
Of course, this is just my opinion.

Hazyhaze

Hazyhaze

Thank you jimster for your help. I saw some images on the internet with "rust fungus" and it is suprisingly identical. Could it be it?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thank you jimster for your help. I saw some images on the internet with "rust fungus" and it is suprisingly identical. Could it be it?
Unfortunately I'm very familiar with rust fungus AKA septoria, it usually has a defined black ring around the brown spot or at least some spots will meet this description.

Whereas you define your pH as being "5.5 - 6.5" I suspect your pH is the issue, try 5.9-6.1 and see if that helps, good luck!

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Ya.. these dude are right my friend.. mostly.
As you are in coco tho you will not want to let it completely dry up ever. But try watering once every two days and just see how that goes. I have a clone in coco and itā€™s been nice and damp for days so I leave it be. Once it gets Rollin tho Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be watering everyday possibly more! But to start with you donā€™t wanna drown the poor bastard

Hazyhaze

Hazyhaze

Thank you all for your help guys. The rusty spots seemed to stop spreading at least. (So it could have been calmag deficiency) who knows haha. Its only on the bottom fan leaves.

Today I flushed with 400ppm for peace if mind.
I also set my humidity at 50% and raised temps from 24 to 25Ā°C to dry up any fungus/mould if any. She is growing like crazy but a little droopy. Every 1cm of stem, shes shooting 4 nodes. The leaves feel a little dry tough. But Im scared of misting despite it may attract fungus.

It could be a million things. I will leave a couple of days cause I'm getting overwhelmed with all the "could be". I'll keep you updated guys!

20190422 141640
20190422 141901
20190422 141356
20190422 141504
T

Trimman 76

Lots of guys already hit the nail on the head first your plant looks pretty small for 20 days as an auto . Autos only use less then half the Nutes of photoperiod plants. I learned the hard way over watering and over feeding autos will leave you with small plants and even smaller yields
The autos in my pic are 10 days from sprout

BA704362 301A 40C4 98F3 447A0F8D3D91
Hazyhaze

Hazyhaze

Understood. So what do you guys do if it was yours? Feed once daily? Lower the ppms? Im lost šŸ™ˆ

T

Trimman 76

Iā€™m no auto expert I just use half of what I would normally use for photo periods and have had pretty good luck with that . Your plants will tell you what they need . I hardly give any of my autos over 600 ppm I have grown some that were hungry though also ph is pretty important in coco I try to stay 5.8 to 6.0

T

Trimman 76

My Nutes are just gh Nutes I use maxi on my autos and flora on my photoperiods it works for me

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Understood. So what do you guys do if it was yours? Feed once daily? Lower the ppms? Im lost šŸ™ˆ

It was said in the first few replies, water less often. If you are watering twice a day reduce it to once a day. If you are watering once a day water every other day.

Hazyhaze

Hazyhaze

Hello back my friends.

As promised, here is the update. The problem of drooping was overwatering as you guys said. (I hate myself for not having an airpot haha). This was fixed by letting the pot get lightweight again before i fertigate.

However, the other problems came due to the nitrogen being too high, despite the 500ppm. It was locking out other nutrients i think.

I switched to just micro and bloom with 1:2 ratio and varying just the ppms with the growth. Calmag is now supplimenting the needed nitrogen. Shes cruising perfectly on 1100ppm for the last 2 weeks now haha. Cant believe this monster is so fuckn hungry! I spend like 30-60 minutes daily training her to expose the budsites and she responded very well to the lst.

This is my lady at day 44 from sprout :)
Let me know what you think guys :) your opinion is my knowledge :)

20190514 233314
Top Bottom