My 1st Grow

• Thread starter barndtb610
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

barndtb610

This is my 1st grow & I was wondering how high of a temp can my plants withstand?
My tent has stayed in the 79°-86°... I run my lights from 6pm-NOON & keep them off from NOON-6PM during the HOTTEST part of the day, but this is causing my temp to be at like 79° from 9pm-11am, then the temp shoots back up to the mid 80's til about 6pm, and I'm worried that it's hotter when my plants are in the dark then when they're under the lights...

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Hey, I just knocked out my first grow. A closet. Not the best air circulation. Temps ranged from 75 to 96 degrees and I didn't have any major issues. The hottest temps were when the door was closed.

Enforcer

Enforcer

It depends on your air circulation and the type of light you’re using. Good air exchange in the tent and using an LED light, mid 80’s are not an issue. Poor air exchange and/or using HID lights, and the plants will start to show heat stress above 80*. They will live, but growing conditions are not ideal.

B

barndtb610

Hey, I just knocked out my first grow. A closet. Not the best air circulation. Temps ranged from 75 to 96 degrees and I didn't have any major issues. The hottest temps were when the door was closed.
Thank U!!! I actually have a really nice grow tent with the carbon filer, fan, and a few fans running in my garage, and the HEAT has been pretty high the last week, but I've been able to keep it in the low to mid 80's... I've had to water just about every day tho... I need a good watering schedule & nutrient schedule... I also have GREAT WHITE myco... If U know anything about ANY of this please feel free to lmk... I have the 3 FOX FARM nutrients...

B

barndtb610

I'm using a 600watt MH for 4 plants "at the moment" "I have 2 AFGHAN SKUNK AUTOS germinating" so 6 plants, in a 48"×48"×80 tent, with a 6"carbon filter & fan, and I have a tower fan in the tent, plus 2 smaller fans outside the tent blowing air in, and this is all in my dark garage...

B

barndtb610

It depends on your air circulation and the type of light you’re using. Good air exchange in the tent and using an LED light, mid 80’s are not an issue. Poor air exchange and/or using HID lights, and the plants will start to show heat stress above 80*. They will live, but growing conditions are not ideal.
And I also have 2 600watt LED GROW lights with the fans built into them, but there is no VEG/BLOOM switch, so I was scared that they wouldn't do the job, so I have them under the HID instead...

Enforcer

Enforcer

I'm using a 600watt MH for 4 plants "at the moment" "I have 2 AFGHAN SKUNK AUTOS germinating" so 6 plants, in a 48"×48"×80 tent, with a 6"carbon filter & fan, and I have a tower fan in the tent, plus 2 smaller fans outside the tent blowing air in, and this is all in my dark garage...
Sounds like you have good air flow and your light is sized right for the tent. I think you’ll be fine with the MH, the leaves will just taco a bit. Plus you’re still in veg, the heat is really more of an issue in flower. They’ll be fine.

B

barndtb610

Sounds like you have good air flow and your light is sized right for the tent. I think you’ll be fine with the MH, the leaves will just taco a bit. Plus you’re still in veg, the heat is really more of an issue in flower. They’ll be fine.
Thank U bro!

Top Bottom