My 1st transplant, how did i do?

• Thread starter my9goesbang
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

my9goesbang

My girl wasn't looking well, so i upgraded from the solo cup to 1 gallon last night around 930 pm. It looks much better right?

(I did not water it yet (potted around 930 pm last nigh est timet)because i wasn't sure if my original issue was over watering or light stress.)

The leaves are sticking straight out across vs the slight bend from red solo cup.. should i water this today or tomorrow because like i mentioned earlier i potted this last night and did not water the soil.

My 1st transplant how did i do
My 1st transplant how did i do 2
My 1st transplant how did i do 3
My 1st transplant how did i do 4
My 1st transplant how did i do 5
My 1st transplant how did i do 6
AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Where the roots developed did it looked root bound when you took them out the cups?....normally I wouldn't transplant based on thinking the issue was a stress of some sort I'd wait till the plant was healthy enough to take the stress on transplant alone and roots are fragile and if the soil you put it in is bone dry won't like that too much. Next time you transplant make sure you correct over watering If that's the issue or light height then transplant a day before needing water so soil holds together transplant and water with rhizotonic or velo kelp from remo helps with the stress and promotes root growth

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

And to be honest the plant looks fine the new shouts coming in are nice and green sometimes plants steal nutrients from lower parts if the plant to promote new growth all looks good just watch out for the watering only when pots are light or use smart pots much harder to water and gives so much more air to the root zone

M

my9goesbang

Where the roots developed did it looked root bound when you took them out the cups?....normally I wouldn't transplant based on thinking the issue was a stress of some sort I'd wait till the plant was healthy enough to take the stress on transplant alone and roots are fragile and if the soil you put it in is bone dry won't like that too much. Next time you transplant make sure you correct over watering If that's the issue or light height then transplant a day before needing water so soil holds together transplant and water with rhizotonic or velo kelp from remo helps with the stress and promotes root growth
i did make that mistake of not waiting until it was fully dry to transplant. it was watered lightly about 15hrs prior. I did see some roots pocking out when i transplanted. White healthy looking roots not much its only 14 days old. I wanted to do the transplant around jan 15th that would make her 4wks old.. im using happy frog

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

I know I get eager too it's better to have a more developed root system to it can take the stress of transplant . Imagine you transplant into a big pot but the roots are small it's gonna take awhile for it to take up all that water and nutes I'd say having to go more than 4 days to water again you might start getting deficiency and I use for every 3 scoops promix HP add 1 additional scoop of perlite to give more air to the roots and won't keep roots wet as long

20211127 183128
20211127 183132
M

my9goesbang

I know I get eager too it's better to have a more developed root system to it can take the stress of transplant . Imagine you transplant into a big pot but the roots are small it's gonna take awhile for it to take up all that water and nutes I'd say having to go more than 4 days to water again you might start getting deficiency and I use for every 3 scoops promix HP add 1 additional scoop of perlite to give more air to the roots and won't keep roots wet as long
how many weeks is that? that looks amazing!

freezeland2

freezeland2

Curious why you planted toward the edge of the pot instead of the middle of the pot.

freezeland2

freezeland2

i didn't plan to do it that way..
Ok. I don’t think it was too early for the transplant. When I have a couple nodes and leaf tips reach the out edges of the cup I transplant. Root systems are usually spread as wide or wider than the leafs span.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Ok. I don’t think it was too early for the transplant. When I have a couple nodes and leaf tips reach the out edges of the cup I transplant. Root systems are usually spread as wide or wider than the leafs span.
These plants I'm keeping as mothers and I test different methods to know the outcomes I have 6 plants in this 2×4 the 4 small pots are bigger and stronger because the plants are focused and have no delay from stress from transplant to continue a full healthy root system when there big and healthy the recovery is so short almost none the plants are just happy the trick is if you usto water every 3days or so and realize these plants need to be watered everyday after a few weeks don't wait till your plant is stressed and is root bound read your plants don't wait till there desperate

IMG 20211215 161701 264

Latest posts

Top Bottom