My 3x3x5 Setup For Beginners.

• Thread starter Mr.Mavericks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Mavericks

Mr.Mavericks

Hello Everyone, Just wanted to share my simple setup and see what you guys think and if there is any room for improvement, this is my first grow, and would Love to hear from others.

Equipments used:

Grow Tent: CoolGrows Grow Tent For Indoor Plant Growing Dismountable Reflective Hydroponic Non Toxic Room (32"x 32"x 64")

Inline Fan: VIVOSUN 4 Inch 203 CFM Inline Fan with Speed Controller and 4" Carbon Filter 8 Feet Ducting Combo
ir

2x LED Lights: VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 450W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower.

Oscillating Fan Between LEDs: Lasko 4000 Air Stik Ultra-Slim Oscillating Fan.

Humidifier: Vicks Filter-free, Ultrasonic, Visible Cool Mist Humidifier for Medium rooms.

Temp & Humidity Monitor: AcuRite 01083 Pro Accuracy Indoor Temperature and Humidity Monitor.

Intake Fan: Avalon Powerful Clip On & Desk Fan With Fully Adjustable Head, Two Quiet Speeds, 6-Inch - Black.

Let me know what you guys think. all comments are appreciated!

My 3x3x5 setup for beginners
My 3x3x5 setup for beginners 2
My 3x3x5 setup for beginners 3
My 3x3x5 setup for beginners 4
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Looks great. Well researched and put together.

It’s good to run and monitor the tent to know what to expect. It all gets more intense as plants get bigger.

One tip I have in case you don’t know is those sonic humidifiers will spread a fine dust all over everything if using tap water.

I guess it’s the calcium carbonate separating from solution.

I use ro or water from my dehumidifier for humidifiers.

They all stay cleaner too with filtered water.

Even a Brita type filter will help.

Mr.Mavericks

Mr.Mavericks

It’s good to run and monitor the tent to know what to expect. It all gets more intense as plants get bigger.

One tip I have in case you don’t know is those sonic humidifiers will spread a fine dust all over everything if using tap water.

Thank you so much. That is a great tip man! I was wondering about that white powder thought its from the plants or something but thanks to you now I know why. I will be looking at filter today. I will post it once I find one that is good!

MW7945

MW7945

Thank you so much. That is a great tip man! I was wondering about that white powder thought its from the plants or something but thanks to you now I know why. I will be looking at filter today. I will post it once I find one that is good!

RO systems are pretty cheap and you can use it for drinking water/plant feeding. IMO Brita filters are next to useless.. If anything get a Zero filter.

Dan789

Dan789

BC94619A 5B6B 4C46 A36C C50E8561B31F
I would replace the cable harnesses from those lights, I fashioned some yokes out of #9 ceiling wire, sort of an elongated W shape with your hangar clipping into the centers. It allows more vertical height for your plants if necessary.

Dan789

Dan789

I think I’d lower your temp and humidity gauge down to plant level, you’ll get a better idea of what they’re experiencing.

Mr.Mavericks

Mr.Mavericks

Just an update, and after an extensive research, I bought this iSpring RCC7 High Capacity Under Sink 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System and Ultimate Water Softener- WQA Gold Seal Certified for filtering, and Changed my inline Fan+filter to a 6" I got AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6, Quiet Inline Duct Booster Fan 6” with Thermostat Speed Control, for Heating Cooling Ventilation and Exhaust, Grow Tents.

Thank you guys for all the cool replies!

^ what he said about the humidifier. don't use tap water. RO water only

RO systems are pretty cheap and you can use it for drinking water/plant feeding. IMO Brita filters are next to useless.. If anything get a Zero filter.

Top Bottom