my 4 x 24w short t5 is getin my lil clone n veg cube area way to hot! like to 100f hot! plz help

• Thread starter critical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

critical

my 4 x 24w short t5 is getin my lil veg cube area way to hot! like to 100f hot! is this normal n should i get a fan and open an extraction hole or is there somethin wrong with my t5? i thought these where for cloning? it fried the few i put under it... maybe take 2 bulbs out til i have a few established mothers under there too?? the area is basicaly a 80cm box size with the light practicaly on the cieling or maybe 10 cm from it and the clone box was on the bottom so theres at least a good 60cm between em but my ballasts are undernieth the area so might be contributin to heat... plz help i need too succsesfully root some clones asap!

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Something is probably wrong.

My fixtures have been on for 6 months and w a laser they read 84 on the reflector.

100 degrees sounds serious for that little thing.

C

critical

Something is probably wrong.

My fixtures have been on for 6 months and w a laser they read 84 on the reflector.

100 degrees sounds serious for that little thing.
thanks for the reply bro, thas what i thought n looked around on web on other forums too n stuff n these ones apperently get hotter than the t8s and t12s... the ones i was thinking of... lol damit im stuck with this one now i scratched the side sticker a bit lol so clumsy sometimes when smoking heavy indicas in the day while working lol

but a good person has advised me to take 2 bulb out at first while first cuts root n then once have n i bonsai them add the bulbs as need when i take more cuts and i tested the unit the past couple days moniterin the heat without anything under it with the 2 bulbs n havnt got a temp above 84 f now so not so bad :) so that an acceptable temp for rootin cuts then classic remix?? thanks bro ;)

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

77-84 for veg 71-77 for flower has worked for me.

My clone trays are in my veg room.

R

Rushed

Imo clones take longer to root under t5 lights. I use a single t12 but once they have roots get them under the t5 and they go nuts.

C

critical

i have taken the t5 down to 1 bulb for now n the temps are stayin 78f max for my 20 or so cuts n they look ok n like they guna root this time i think ;) il turn on other bulbs when needed when they root n i add more from the other strains ;)

Top Bottom