my afghan auto,headlight kush/royal headband auto , pineapple auto grow

• Thread starter biggerbud420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

getting things together i have a new 4x4x7 tent more light tsl2000 and tsl1000 with another light coming i also have a stand fan and a taotronics humidifier on the way .have the seeds but there all regular seed that will need to be sexed . im gonna germinate 20 seed needing at least 14 to germinate with hopes of getting 9 females

Last edited:
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

This is my setup for now. My floor has an inch of foam insulation with the reflective side faced both ways .would I still need to elevate my pots

20201231 155459
20201231 155454
20201231 155508
biggerbud420

biggerbud420

soaked 10 afghan 1 pineapple and 10 headlight kush/royal headband . the the headlight kush is the seeds in the pic 3 of them sprouted over night while soaking . the afghan and the headlight kush is from backyard boogie the pineapple was from growers choice
20210102 205707
20210102 212756

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Awesome man! Im stoked that my seeds made it safely to you and you are able to run them! After the first shipment got crushed in the mail I learned a valuable lesson ha ha. It looks like the Headlights Kush cross has already taken off thats a great sign! Looks like super healthy seed batch. I feel like I should disclaim to everyone that I have not ran the Headlights Kush yet it is 100% a prototype. I made that seed stock earlier in 2020 and out of a handful of different auto crosses that one was the healthiest. Seeds came out looking stellar and I could tell based off those nice fat seeds that the parents genetics paired well together. I think its gonna be a healthy vigorous cross đź‘Ť

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Awesome man! Im stoked that my seeds made it safely to you and you are able to run them! After the first shipment got crushed in the mail I learned a valuable lesson ha ha. It looks like the Headlights Kush cross has already taken off thats a great sign! Looks like super healthy seed batch. I feel like I should disclaim to everyone that I have not ran the Headlights Kush yet it is 100% a prototype. I made that seed stock earlier in 2020 and out of a handful of different auto crosses that one was the healthiest. Seeds came out looking stellar and I could tell based off those nice fat seeds that the parents genetics paired well together. I think its gonna be a healthy vigorous cross đź‘Ť
what is some things that could happen with prototypes ?

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Well in the past the worst issue that I have came across when making auto seeds are some hermies in the mix. I have also seen fox-tailing and loose buds on some of the more sativa leaning phenotypes. It is very rare that I come across issues like that the majority of times I make seeds they come out solid. Thats how mother nature goes sometimes you just never know until you run your stock. I think they are gonna be good because the seeds were just so dam healthy they developed really quickly too. It was like the Headlights Kush and the Royal Headband were just horny for each other as soon as I splashed the pollen it was like... BAM! Hundreds of seeds. It was almost like there wasn't a single pistol on the whole plant that wasn't seeded. Seeds were everywhere literally falling out of the buds.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Well in the past the worst issue that I have came across when making auto seeds are some hermies in the mix. I have also seen fox-tailing and loose buds on some of the more sativa leaning phenotypes. It is very rare that I come across issues like that the majority of times I make seeds they come out solid. Thats how mother nature goes sometimes you just never know until you run your stock. I think they are gonna be good because the seeds were just so dam healthy they developed really quickly too. It was like the Headlights Kush and the Royal Headband were just horny for each other as soon as I splashed the pollen it was like... BAM! Hundreds of seeds. It was almost like there wasn't a single pistol on the whole plant that wasn't seeded. Seeds were everywhere literally falling out of the buds.
i had a few buds of the gold they looked like they had some fox-tailing but im not sure looked like lil buds about the size of the tip of a finger sticking out on some but she is smoking great

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Yeah fox-tailing is not always a bad thing its just that personally I prefer solid and hard nugs. Light and fluffy nugs are OK as long as they are frosty but I always will prefer the density if I can get it. This is the reason why personally I prefer strains that do not foxtail as much I would rather the nugs finish quickly with as much density as possible.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Here is a perfect example of the fox-tailing I just found this pic on a google search. This is what I mean when sometimes I have had issues with this. It is still totally smokeable but the nugs are big and open and loose instead of tight like they should be...

Screen Shot 2021 01 03 at 84808 AM

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Hopefully you don't see any of these issues. I have ran the Afghan many times and those ones always come out great you should be fine with those ones. As a matter of fact the picture in my Avatar is of the Afghan Auto from the exact seed run that I sent you! đź‘Ť

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

update had 3 kush/headband pop monday pineapple popped tuesday looks like i will have 4 or 5 of the afghans pop in the next day or 2 roots were sticking out of the sides of the jiffy pots so i put them in 3 gallon pots in ocean forest soil gave them 4to 6 oz of water each and placed a humidity dome over them
20210106 212633
20210106 212642
20210106 212649

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Cool! Love to see that man super cool. Those Afghan auto seeds are 2 or 3 years old so it makes sense that they are a little slow to the party. It's great to know that the Afghan is still viable that one is my fav. I haven't ran it in a while cuz I had a whole bunch of new auto stuff that I was trying out instead. I did a bunch of crosses. In 2020 summer I ran Gelato from FastBuds that came out stellar the frostiest and most potent auto that I have ran thus far. Not quite as tasty as the Afghan but definitely most potent. Almost looked white the nugs were so frosty. I wish I would have taken pics I don't think I did but man it was bomb I smoked through the whole jar real quick. I pollen chucked that Gelato got a grip of those seeds super healthy with stripes and everything Im gonna be running those in 2021 also. Im gonna be doing an outdoor auto run soon with a cornucopia of new shit. Im gonna do a cross with the Ethos genetics Pluto Cut Auto. One of the highest THC autos currently on market labeled at 30%. That Pluto kush cut was crossed with the OG Kush Ruderalis to create his hottest auto line to date. BTW if these runs come out good I will send you a care package with some other new shit đź‘Ť

HarryHood

HarryHood

Cool! Love to see that man super cool. Those Afghan auto seeds are 2 or 3 years old so it makes sense that they are a little slow to the party. It's great to know that the Afghan is still viable that one is my fav. I haven't ran it in a while cuz I had a whole bunch of new auto stuff that I was trying out instead. I did a bunch of crosses. In 2020 summer I ran Gelato from FastBuds that came out stellar the frostiest and most potent auto that I have ran thus far. Not quite as tasty as the Afghan but definitely most potent. Almost looked white the nugs were so frosty. I wish I would have taken pics I don't think I did but man it was bomb I smoked through the whole jar real quick. I pollen chucked that Gelato got a grip of those seeds super healthy with stripes and everything Im gonna be running those in 2021 also. Im gonna be doing an outdoor auto run soon with a cornucopia of new shit. Im gonna do a cross with the Ethos genetics Pluto Cut Auto. One of the highest THC autos currently on market labeled at 30%. That Pluto kush cut was crossed with the OG Kush Ruderalis to create his hottest auto line to date. BTW if these runs come out good I will send you a care package with some other new shit đź‘Ť
I just started 2 Pluto Cut's, 2 Banana Daddy, and 1 Banana Hammock all from Ethos. Friend of mine gave me the seeds and his reasoning for picking them out was as you describe the THC content. Looking forward to seeing what becomes of my grow, but it is my first so fingers crossed.

HarryHood

HarryHood

Nice! Pretty much sounds like my setup. I've got their 6 inch as my exhaust and their 4 inch as my intake. What's cool is you can connect them to the same controller/settings.
I have the same humidifier as well and the RH in my tent climbs like crazy when I have it set at 55, but does practically nothing when set to 50. As a matter of fact it dips below 50RH as it registers on the probe, yet the humidifier doesn't turn on. I think as the plants grow and the tent fills up the main problem I foresee is keeping the RH down

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

Nice! Pretty much sounds like my setup. I've got their 6 inch as my exhaust and their 4 inch as my intake. What's cool is you can connect them to the same controller/settings.
I have the same humidifier as well and the RH in my tent climbs like crazy when I have it set at 55, but does practically nothing when set to 50. As a matter of fact it dips below 50RH as it registers on the probe, yet the humidifier doesn't turn on. I think as the plants grow and the tent fills up the main problem I foresee is keeping the RH down
with the fan i got now if i have it on i can not keep my rh above 50 i have the humidifier set at 65 rh with the fan off thats where i get too

HarryHood

HarryHood

with the fan i got now if i have it on i can not keep my rh above 50 i have the humidifier set at 65 rh with the fan off thats where i get too
It seems like a constant balancing act/dialing-in throughout the grow as conditions change daily, etc. I can clearly see it being a learning process as I go. I've also had to change the fan setting and run it a bit higher to expel the temp/humidity quicker

Latest posts

Top Bottom