My basic nutritional DWC recipe: call for feedback

• Thread starter king_of_nothing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
king_of_nothing

king_of_nothing

Happy and healthy new year everybody,

I finally got my hands on some proper (financially) scalable macro-nutritions available to the simple hobbyist:
- Yara Tera Kristalon Orange : the core macro nutritional mix with NPK 6-12-36 including a full range micronutritients and trace elements.
- Yara Tera CalcInit: basically calciumnitrate (15-0-0)
- Epsom salt aka Magnesiumsulfate

I have a 25KG bag of each. That is probably not the most useful ratio. Initially I wanted to mix my own nutrients from the basic salts and chelates. But getting all of that delivered on my doorstep initially seemed to be manageable but eventually turned out to be harder then I thought it was. so I decided to change to a dry nute product similar to Jack's (5-12-26) here in the North West side of the EU. Unfortunately I couldn't find Jack's locally. However the Yara Tera line is a globally respectable and professional brand of agricultural fertilizers. On one of the more local cannabis fora I read that the Yara Tera Kristalon Brown product (6-12-36) is a known macro mix for growing cannabis. However it is a bit hard for me to get my hands on a bag of this color as a non-professional customer. But Orange was also mentioned and clearly is very similar, hence the purchase.

For controlling Ph I got myself access to 98% sulfuric acid to get it down and potassium silicate to get it up.

Eeven though I have read that people are using the YTK Orange with the Calcinit on a 1:1-1.5 ratio without epsom, when I am looking at all of this stuff and comparing this to Jack's practical 3-2-1 ratio for macro mix, calciumnitrate and epsom. I feel like I am a bit high on the potassium. Especially if I need to adjust Ph to the North with potassium silicate. Do you guys think the excess K is problematic? If so, I might want to try to get my hands on a bag of ammonium phosphate, e.g. Haifa Map (12-61-0).

So this was the mineral topic. I hope you guys can confirm that I am on the right track here and if an additional bag of ammonium phosphate is a good idea or just over engineering for a first time.

Now for organic additives, e.g. amino & fulvic acids, kelp, bacteria, fungi, etc. This is more of a blank field for me. From here on it becomes less of an engineering track and more of an art / early science. Do you guys have recommendations here? With organic additives you can get pretty wild I think. But in the end I want to keep it simple and start with as few additives as possible. My goal is to grow Amnesia indoors so maybe the kelp is a good idea for the length issue. Or might just want to stick to the mineral-only set up. Thoughts here?

Top Bottom