My battle against spider mites

• Thread starter chennemann
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chennemann

Well we made the mistake of getting a clone from someone who stated it was clean. Well it wasn't or we brought mites in some other way.

Anyhow here are our results:

No pest strips did nothing at all - very disappointed. I even put two in a small room and still none died. Everyone makes it sound like these are the cure, but the ones we had were totally immune.

Spraying and dunking them in cold water slows them down. It washes many off and kills some.

Spraying and dunking in a solution of murphy's oil soap and baking soda kills a larger percentage. I believe if I was diligent this or one of the other organic solution might work (pepper spray or flour), but we wanted them dead, they do so much damage.

Spraying once with Mighty Wash killed 95+%
Spraying a second time, seems to be 100%. I have not seen a moving mite in 7 days. I was very skeptical about mighty wash, but it seems to be the real deal. You can use it in veg or flower. The only issue is that the mighty wash has to make contact with the mites/eggs. This one is the one I will keep on hand in the future... Also we had some leaves dry out after spraying with mighty wash. I would rinse and make sure the lights are off. It could of been due to the stress of the mites.

My buddy sprayed with Forbid 4f and had 100% death rate. Forbid 4f stays on the plant for awhile so only use it in veg. This is an advantage in that it kills them even if you didn't make contact with them. Also if you spray the top of the leaf it will go to the other side.

My advise would be to spray once with mighty wash and then a couple days later with forbid 4f to get rid of them for sure. I will probably use mighty wash once early in veg and when changing rooms.

hiboy

hiboy

Floramite wiped em out for me only used in veg...
i blasted them 1st week in flower,, had no choice and this product is as good as all say
h

I

ibTheMan

use floramite or something to kill um, but Dyna Gro neem oil is what you should use to keep um gone, trust me bro, neem makes um sterile, and it helps keep away PM, its great shit and if everyone used, no one would have mites, str8 up.

H

hairygrower old

trying alcohol

hey all i just started to use a rubbing alcohol @1/3 ratio and so far no problems with plants and it did kill all mites so far i am doing a test on this as to the effects on plants so far so good got the formula from google anyone tried this method of control any feed back would be apprecitated

thanks
OHG

C

chennemann

Alcohol should work, but i have heard it can cause more stress to the plants. Also you have to make contact with the mites. I bet it would work great if you washed each leaf like that, but depending on what stage you are in that could take forever.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I recently had good luck with PVP sprayed once in veg. This was first grow in while that did not get even one mite after spray.

JB

H

hairygrower old

update to alcohol spray

ok first test was in veg it has been 3 days now with no effects to the plant mites are gone but not eggs in my flower area i sprayed 1 plant at week 4 last night as of 2pm today no problems with plant i think if they make it 24 hrs i should be ok but you never know this morning i did a complete crop spray with safer insectcide it seems to control but no way does it eratacate them i have tried everything from neem to predator mites and it controls them that is all the products on the market does one of these days im gona kill the entire population of mites in the state of cali i am working on some old hippy receipes iuse to use way back when i had brown hair insted of gray hahahahah

i will keep you all posted

OHG

I

ibTheMan

I forgot to mention my buddy used dynagrows neem oil 4 times with no success.

well like i said, you need something to kill the mites if you have them bad, but if you use neem to begin with you wont have mites, neem aint a hit or miss thing, if you cant reproduce you cant colonize.

Onespark

Onespark

Hey brother. Spider mites are the BEST pest to have. I am not joking. Easy to get rid of. Go get some Fertilome triple action and dip every plant in veg. Repeat two weeks later. Floramite works great but is dangerous. Only use it on vegging plants. Neem based dip is the way to go. You are lucky, you can get through this no problem with a little effort. If things are flowering don't put floramite on them. Mighty wash works well at that stage. God I wish spider mites were the worst pest but they are not even close. Spider mites are easy my friend. Good luck!

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
plant vitality plus contains abermectin.

I can't really find anything about the dangers of this ingredient at the doses we are talking about. I don't doubt it is dangerous though as it worked really well.

JB

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Just read through it all and still don't see anything saying what the danger is with this ingredient? This is all a dead horse. Everyone should be careful, take precautions, and decide for themselves.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Quit messin around and get some Floramite or Avid, one application and your done for 120+ days and I am really closer to twice a year right now and haven't seen a mite one in a year or so now..

If you want to have to repeat application and apply over and over again with dismal results, I would keep using all those other bandaide products(hydro stores dirty little secret) if you want to keep on messin around.

Tex

budfriend

budfriend

I got the mites from a clone suppesed to be clean. I got the florimite and avid resistent mite fun fun...

Contained it with azamax then next round order the forbid 4f. Worked. BUt only use in veg.

Remember to switch types of killers to so they dont build a resistence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom