My boyfriend gave my girl quite a haircut, is she okay?

• Thread starter luxeluxe99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
luxeluxe99

luxeluxe99

She was super bushy last week and before I had a chance to do anything about it my boyfriend gave her a serious haircut without asking me, ugh. he def took too much but what’s done is done. How okay is she? Also, will she be okay to flip to flower in a week or so?

About 6 weeks old, C99 in coco, 125w (adding another 50w shortly), environment and nutes are correct.

BEFORE...
My boyfriend gave my girl quite a haircut is she okay

AFTER a handful of days of recovery
My boyfriend gave my girl quite a haircut is she okay 2
My boyfriend gave my girl quite a haircut is she okay 3

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

She was super bushy last week and before I had a chance to do anything about it my boyfriend gave her a serious haircut without asking me, ugh. he def took too much but what’s done is done. How okay is she? Also, will she be okay to flip to flower in a week or so?

About 6 weeks old, C99 in coco, 125w (adding another 50w shortly), environment and nutes are correct.

BEFORE...
View attachment 905332

AFTER a handful of days of recovery
View attachment 905334View attachment 905335
i cant even tell,lmao,hey look here,were you did clip keep eye on it,they will grow back

luxeluxe99

luxeluxe99

Hi..

A lot of people dont do defoliation.
Imho he did a good job. If y have option buy co2 canister. Can also be tnb.

New to C02, is it something that can be done in a 2x2 tent?

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yep looks good to me. Need to make sure you get good airflow through the plant. Especially when you have a strain that grows short and compact like that.

Couple tips to help stretch it out a bit.

Use a 10f cooler night temps than day temps.

I'm not sure what light you have but a warmer spectrum like 3000k will help increase node spacing.

luxeluxe99

luxeluxe99

Am I okay to start my SCROG net?
Yep looks good to me. Need to make sure you get good airflow through the plant. Especially when you have a strain that grows short and compact like that.

Couple tips to help stretch it out a bit.

Use a 10f cooler night temps than day temps.

I'm not sure what light you have but a warmer spectrum like 3000k will help increase node spacing.

Using 3000K at the moment. Will look into adjusting temps as well. It's usually 5 degrees cooler at night than the day.

Any idea when I should flip? i've watched a bunch of videos and looked at grow diaries, i see that most people flip C99 by FemaleSeeds at 7 weeks but i'm just unsure. My girl is 6 weeks old but she doesn't seem a week away from ready. Any ideas?

Thanks.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Using 3000K at the moment. Will look into adjusting temps as well. It's usually 5 degrees cooler at night than the day.

Any idea when I should flip? i've watched a bunch of videos and looked at grow diaries, i see that most people flip C99 by FemaleSeeds at 7 weeks but i'm just unsure. My girl is 6 weeks old but she doesn't seem a week away from ready. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Let her grow! I don't like flipping them until at least 2 months even later if I'm in no hurry. Heres one plant at 2 months I'm flipping today with 2 others & this girl at 4 months of vegging.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks.
Its really up to you... remember the plant will likely at least double in size after flip so you need to leave room. Lighting coverage plays a role too and it looks like you are doing some low stress training. With 175 true watts you are looking at 2'x2' coverage area so judging by your pic maybe couple to 3 more weeks then I would. But its really gonna depend on the growth rate

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Its really up to you... remember the plant will likely at least double in size after flip so you need to leave room. Lighting coverage plays a role too and it looks like you are doing some low stress training. With 175 true watts you are looking at 2'x2' coverage area so judging by your pic maybe couple to 3 more weeks then I would. But its really gonna depend on the growth rate
I'm hoping my big girl at least doubles in size, I measured her height today at 19" from the dirt and about 31" diameter so far. I turned the timer today to 12/12 so let the fun begin.

luxeluxe99

luxeluxe99

Let her grow! I don't like flipping them until at least 2 months even later if I'm in no hurry. Heres one plant at 2 months I'm flipping today with 2 others & this girl at 4 months of vegging.

Awesome. I'll give her 2-3 weeks and will watch her height. Thanks! So excited. Praying it all turns out okay. : )!!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks.
i would have already flipped myself,when they get 16in tall in my tent i have to

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

She’s only 8 inches so far, if she doubles at 12 inches I’m still okay. : ).
Height is deceiving. You got tight node spacing and decent horizontal growth.

Don't underestimate the power of the stretch (lol see what I did there).... Almost all new growers get caught being a bit surprised by it and it can make it challenging. Better to soon than to late.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

She’s only 8 inches so far, if she doubles at 12 inches I’m still okay. : ).
if you flipped now at 8 you would be 2ft or just a little under,i cant let mine get over 3ft in a 2x4x5 tent i always expect double after stretch and thats with a lot of light movement to keep um down

Latest posts

Top Bottom