My bubble hash balls are all dry 😭

• Thread starter Gurtgurt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

Oi!

Coupleth time doing bubble hash, seemed like it was going the best yet. I separated 25, 73, and 120 micron. Not much yield, which indicated to me like I didn't agitate it as much as normal/should be less contaminate.

Following the frenchy cannoli method of squishing with a hot bottle and with hands then rolling into a ball. 25 micron was a little tough but the others were like play doh!
My bubble hash balls are all dry

Shiny sheen! Look how they melted!

Fast forward a couple days I'm sampling it, both the 25 and 120, and it's all dry and breaks apart into powder:
My bubble hash balls are all dry 2

My bubble hash balls are all dry 3

What caused this? Was the product too wet? I froze the bubble, micro planed, let air in dark dry room for 3 days.

Same thing has happened in all my previous runs. Isn't it supposed to remain gooey, like hard rubber maybe?
Lame.

indogrow420

indogrow420

nice looking hash, Im not sure about why but I would just press it super low temp in a parchement paper to get the nice texture again

Heywood

Heywood

Hmmm. @GNick55 came in and liked the posts but didn't leave any commentary.
That's unusual because he is usually all over these hash posts.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Hmmm. @GNick55 came in and liked the posts but didn't leave any commentary.
That's unusual because he is usually all over these hash posts.
hey sorry just been totally busy but i’m here in a bit..
i’m actually grating my 25 micron bubble patty..
i’ll be back after
very sorry..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok so your 73 is still sticky at least when played with a bit? and stays together for the most part?
the 25 and 120 are becoming dry after a few days? well firstly usually contaminate is probably present and depending on your strain probably most of the heads are in the 73 though heads can be found in both 25/120 though they usually contain the stalks as well and other resin heads that you see on your flowering plants without the stalks so not as potent washes, but i still do it..
some strains i found make black sticky hash easily and some make a moroccan style and hard to work with depending on your method, with hot bottle pressing you need the resin to be cleaned!! if a pollen press than it doesn’t really need to be to clean..
i just used 8 ounces of good sticky trim and buy the looks of it, by combining the 25 and 73 i’ll get around an ounce..
how much did you use? was it dry or?
i wash till it’s not worth it any more, usually 6-9 washes..
like dry sifting the resin in the bags needs to be cleaned well i do meaning, i should show a video if needed..
ok say when i take out the 73 bag i place it into another pail with holes or the bottom cut off so i can take the hose/sprayer i have attached to the laundry tub and spray/clean the resin with the highest/cold water pressure/sprayer for a couple minutes to break up any contaminate and push it through into the drain, than i’ll scoop it out.. maybe it’s that part that can help you and it’s the motion of the cold water not the ice that removes the heads,
could be your wash times..
could be even when plants are growing and heads are getting damaged by light stress, fingering the buds, when trimming, if you keep your weed in bags, etc all can damage fresh heads..
but ask away and i’ll do what i can..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
oh and only 3 days drying?
what did you do to dry?

Gurtgurt

Gurtgurt

The mesh in my bags were definitely somewhat clogged.

I did rinse the sieved project with faucet sprayer, but not that much. Scooped onto 25u mesh, blotted with paper towel, into freezer. Micro planed frozen glob with lemon zester/rasp.

Sat, loosely covered in shallow cardboard box, in grow tent in basement with house AC on, for around 3 days maybe 4. Probably humidity in the 40s, temp 64. Left the exhaust fan running on low.

I only did 2 washes, in a 5 gal bucket with lid rocked all about. I thought I was being gentle to avoid a lot of contamination!

Thanks for your expertise. This same thing has happened to me every time I've tried to do this method. This time, the balls were much more pliable when working with hands. Both the 25 and 120 started out promising: requiring me to pull out chunks like a super tough tootsie roll. But after a few days the ball just seems like compressed tacky dust, I can break pieces off.

Taste is still bueno I just want to know what I'm doing wrong. Other runs have been dried out much more and same result.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I did rinse the sieved project with faucet sprayer, but not that much. Scooped onto 25u mesh, blotted with paper towel, into freezer. Micro planed frozen glob with lemon zester/rasp.

Sat, loosely covered in shallow cardboard box, in grow tent in basement with house AC on, for around 3 days maybe 4. Probably humidity in the 40s, temp 64. Left the exhaust fan running on low.

I only did 2 washes, in a 5 gal bucket with lid rocked all about. I thought I was being gentle to avoid a lot of contamination!

Thanks for your expertise. This same thing has happened to me every time I've tried to do this method. This time, the balls were much more pliable when working with hands. Both the 25 and 120 started out promising: requiring me to pull out chunks like a super tough tootsie roll. But after a few days the ball just seems like compressed tacky dust, I can break pieces off.

Taste is still bueno I just want to know what I'm doing wrong. Other runs have been dried out much more and same result.
You watched the Frenchy Cannoli video for pressing, but what about washing? Most everything gnick described is demonstrated in Frenchy’s videos. He has a few out there. RIP Frenchy.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

well clogged bags will do you no good, how would you know if the heads are in the right bag? how can contaminate be cleaned out?
clean mesh part of bags with watered down isopropyl and freezing ice cold water..
what’s the lemon/rasp? and what is it for?
also the lid rocked about? what you mean?
ok 120 most of the time is not the resin/heads you want, who knows what’s in it, so maybe some of your good heads got trapped there so when pressing/melt you were able to form a piece but after a couple days it dried out as the contaminate soaked most of it up?? plus couple other things..
just thinking out loud here.. 25 can do the same but there are heads in that bag, just cleaning that stuff is harder as the micron size is so small and water drains slowly when spraying clean..
like you we’d be better off with a 35 micron bag instead of 25 but no biggie.. but your 73 should always be somewhat sticky at least after playing with it or heating it up a bit say with a lighter and hands..
anyhoo maybe next time your about to do another run, reach out to me or email me and we’ll go through it together as there are so many little variables that can make a big difference in the end..
that goes out to anybody who would like some help!!
not sure if you seen these videos i just posted.. 25 and 73 bubble pressed together and sealed for 2-3 months.. turned out great! see in 2nd pic how there’s an outer skin protecting the resin inside,.. temple ball style..
28D2DB30 7B71 4F1A 9891 0279BA8E9EE0
D0C81B40 D131 4954 9579 41A606055A04
2F54DF40 5B6D 45C2 BAC9 9E008E82FB24

l

Top Bottom