My Cash Crop 5.0 Was A Dud. So I Did This

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

It wont grow much with that 20 watt led light.

i added 3 x 23 watt 6500 bulbs to that ugly sweet tooth auto i had in my bigger grow box.

If it gets too hot i will take one out and see how that goes. It has to be better than anemic stretchy plants

If I can get it working ok i will sell it on kijiji and fund my new idea to make my cold room a 4 x 4 grow room with a little veg room on the side out of lumber and drywall and mylar :D. I can dooo eet.

But first lets see how bad i murder this plant

Small growbox adjustmet
gwheels

gwheels

The led is running too and it makes the bottom leaves look yellow but they are green. The extra heat in there might help it work into December in the garage.

This hobby is helping me through a real crappy time. It is fun to learn and see stuff grow.

And it is good.to have people that know stuff tell you stuff that helps a lot.

Thanks to all

gwheels

gwheels

I am doing some LST on this one because it might get big

IMG 20160924 213948
gwheels

gwheels

Thanks. Now I know why it is looking like that

I have some organic.bloom fertilizer that you add to the soil I added d a tablespoon to each flowering plant and I wil follow a feeding chart.

I have been abstaining worries about overfeeding but no I know wha to look for

xenon730

xenon730

which feed are you using? you can usually safely feed half strength every other water. i would then say only add more by 1/8 feed size at sight of yellow in grow and to maintain a certain green in bloom. I'm just letting you know what helped me. I've done 5 runs though and only got no burn runs the last 1 and a half. it's okay to burn a little while learning and it won't kill your yield or quality. everything I've done has been great so far. at that size you should be watering twice a week now and when she eats more later, probably 3 times a week. wait until the top shows dry but when you move it its darker underneath. that's what the dry until your knuckle is trying to get you to do. Good luck and feel free to pm me or ask me whatever. I'm no pro but i just went through the very beginning and i feel confident now to a degree. you'll get there soon.

gwheels

gwheels

I have two different kinds. One is called RAW GROW and BLOOM and CALMAG. The other is an organic fert from Gaia Green. I have been using 1/2 tsp per gallon but I thought the dying was from over fert but it is because they are starving.

The gaia green stuff is 4 8 6 NPK
I do not believe it is water soluable. It is made to be stirred into the plant dirt (3 tablespoons per gallon).

The GROW bloom is 4 12 12
This one is a lot stronger.
At the age of the plants i have they should have 2 tsp per gallon but i was at 1/2. I will make it 1 tsp per gallon and see if it helps.

And i was overwatering it. I look at the plants every day and I got carried away with the water. Now i will try and fert every other watering and i will try twice a week and if they look dry i can bump it up.

gwheels

gwheels

I have two different kinds. One is called RAW GROW and BLOOM and CALMAG. The other is an organic fert from Gaia Green. I have been using 1/2 tsp per gallon but I thought the dying was from over fert but it is because they are starving.

The gaia green stuff is 4 8 6 NPK
I do not believe it is water soluable. It is made to be stirred into the plant dirt (3 tablespoons per gallon).

The GROW bloom is 4 12 12
This one is a lot stronger.
At the age of the plants i have they should have 2 tsp per gallon but i was at 1/2. I will make it 1 tsp per gallon and see if it helps.

And i was overwatering it. I look at the plants every day and I got carried away with the water. Now i will try and fert every other watering and i will try twice a week and if they look dry i can bump it up.

IMG 20160926 180017
xenon730

xenon730

awesome. i don't know too much about those nutrients specifically but people way over emphasize the small differences. they seem fine to me.

it's easy to want to water a lot but over watering will quickly destroy yield and quality. almost everyone does it at first and i see people do it often even after years. the every 3 days while small into every other day at bloom is a pretty solid standard. if you're watering more than that, you're likely over watering.

give your changes a little time and she should perk up shortly. don't be too afraid, it'll be hard to kill that plant. are you ph adjusting your water? what about a tds tester? the tds tester is a big one for newer growers in my opinion. ph stick is a requirement. with your tds you can accurately plan and tests your feeds. when feeding maximum your water should be 1200ppm (800-1100 i stay around) and you simply add your nutrients and additives and make sure you're under, adjusting accordingly(usually by cutting npk). you're probably feeding very low ppm and so with a tds tester you can ensure you don't underfeed easily by giving 600-700ppm and watching for deficiencies.

sKully

sKully

I am doing some LST on this one because it might get big

Over-watered, under-fed.

#1. What kind of soil are you using?
#2. Did you build the soil yourself?
#3 If so, what did you put into the soil?
#4 Are you familiar with compost teas?

When working with dry amendments in small batches of soil, you're going to want to make sure you go HEAVY on compost teas and Mycorrhizae inoculations such as BioAg's VAM. The key here is to have the biology in place to break down the amendments you've put into the soil. Unfortunately until the microbial heard has actually broken down the dry amendments you've added, their nutrient value will not be readily available to the plants.

Next run, amend your soil properly with the right amendments in the correct ratios. Brew up some heavily bacterial AACT (Actively Aerated Compost Tea) Drench the soil in the pots twice a week and wait a couple weeks.

Your soil will be far more comfortable for those ladies.

-sK

gwheels

gwheels

Wow that cash crop box sucked. I still have it but it is pretty useless and I don't have the heart to sell it to someone. Grow tents and decent lights all the way.

Top Bottom