My Cold Turkey Diary...

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Homesteader

Homesteader

I sweat excessively when I stop smoking cannabis and I begin to have intense dreams again (maybe coupled together?) I quit recently as well as I like to do this for a few week to a month every year because I have so much going on in the Spring with planting time. It really does get easier for me after about 5 days except the dreams. I use cannabis to suppress dreams, so doing this sometimes feels unusually cruel to myself because of my PTSD but sometimes I need to face things head on. Good luck!

dan1989

dan1989

I sweat excessively when I stop smoking cannabis and I begin to have intense dreams again (maybe coupled together?) I quit recently as well as I like to do this for a few week to a month every year because I have so much going on in the Spring with planting time. It really does get easier for me after about 5 days except the dreams. I use cannabis to suppress dreams, so doing this sometimes feels unusually cruel to myself because of my PTSD but sometimes I need to face things head on. Good luck!

Thank you bro :)

dan1989

dan1989

Day 4 3/4.

I caved. Luckily didn't pay for it which is actually the whole point of this but thought fuck it I'm going on holiday in a month and a half for 20 days with zero access to ganja so that's probably a better place to start than when work is the most stressful its been ever in my 16 working years so far.

End of thread, the kids are in bed, I'm getting wasted. You know you're not disappointed in me.

Dan ;)

dan1989

dan1989

Didn't help having 10 grams of this 4 month jarred vintage purple bud hanging around too. .

IMG 20170331 224453
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks man, that does help. It was actually you yourself who kind of put things in perspective for me the other day when we were talking about houses and stuff. I want that. To have my little ones grow up in a house of our own. Like you say the weed will wait for me. I'm not gonna die from not smoking for a while, life is good, and I'll damn sure enjoy a joint a whole lot more when I'm sitting in a leather recliner in my man shed at the end of the garden in a house that's all mine. You probably don't realise you helped, but you kind of put things in perspective for me when we had that little chat, so thanks for that brother. Respect! By the way that line about the pot waiting for you to partake was awesome! And so very true.
You gotta respect a man that has a goal and is willing to stay focused and put priorities 1st. Good job man.!!!!

dan1989

dan1989

Apologies to everyone for wasting their time writing their kind comments. I really genuinely feel a heartfelt gratitude towards you brilliant strangers who get behind someone they know only as a stoned smiley. Life's still good, and I think for now @One drop had the right idea when he said-
I make the pot wait for me to partake not the other way around
Sounds like you need to have a set time for you to have a smoke

And-
LoL next time try going somewhere for a few days, it really takes the edge off.

With the way work is right now and the other life bs stresses at the moment, I must have been mad to think now was a good time to stop smoking outright.

D

Danolo

The easiest time I had with withdrawal was when I had a short stay at the free hotel... 24 years ago.... I can't say I enjoyed it, but I was distracted by my environment, so withdrawal was no big deal.

dan1989

dan1989

So guys, the smoke break that never was is finally here! It's funny the difference it makes between choosing to quit and having unlimited access to ganja, than the situation I'm in where I'm visiting a country which has no good weed (schwag, if you're lucky enough to find the crap) and no good bacon (waaaay too salty). I don't smoke shit weed and I don't eat salty bacon, so that's me for the next 2 weeks! Been here since Thursday and I'm feeling damn good about life right now, and coming to Lithuania (in-laws) has showed me that I CAN handle not smoking, it's just the case that I didn't really want to quit before, and thinking about it, how cheap I get my weed anyway I was probably overreacting. It's not like I quit weed then I am able to go get a fucking Bentley or Corvette or whatever. Anyway, it's helping me get a little perspective on what's important in life and that I should probably spend money getting the rest of my equipment so I can resume growing and not pay anything at all! That, after all, was the reason for wanting to quit for a while..

F

FooDoo

Seems we all share the exact same symptoms. When I quit smoking the first 3 days were complete insomnia and no appetite. I stayed clean for 3 full years. Started back up recently with my own pressed rosin and then quit again. I think this time will be permanent as I've lost complete interest in where the community has gone and found a new passion to grow in scientific labs, surrounded by bright young individuals who also are driven by a hunger for knowledge and not just some free pot to smoke.

I will however grow for the rest of my existence. I love it and have a true passion for it. I will just be doing it to better everyone else other than myself

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
I stayed smoke free for 15 years until a bitch called cancer bite me. Then smoked for the next 10 months heavy in place of pain pills. Stopped again for my bullshit job of 13 years after I had to go back to work. They tried to cut my insurance in middle of chemo. Needless to say I'm looking for another job but still working there. Stayed clean since Jan until my dad passed a couple weeks ago. Which when I smoked knocked me on my ass.

My point is it's not hard to put down you just have to want too. I rather never have to put it down but sometimes life happens.

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

Quitting weed = elevated symptoms of whatever caused you to use Cannabis in the first place. Knees hurt twice as bad, people are twice as annoying.

Then after 3 days, its like, shit weed is a waste of time. I dont hurt so bad, peoplearen't that enraging. Then you start smoking only at nights again until your next big depressing life event. Then its back to being high 24/7 again, completely forgetting what sober is.

In other words, tolerance breaks are needed periodic interventions into my cannabis fanaticism.

Im on one right now. Crippled and nothing but doctors appointments, so basically i should be doing nothing but smoking weed right now, but i cant find any weed worth smoking! So, about 5 months more i guess..

Dick Terpene

Dick Terpene

I only grow for the love of it, I quit weed and tobacco 6 years ago. I just love growing, I love the challenge of it.

I'm a sad old shit. With a weed cellar I don't touch, and a vodka cellar that is always empty.

Just my 2p worth!

Abstinence can be done, trust me, I'm an engineer!

Monster762

Monster762

I'm in the crotchety phase of not smoking now. Been 40 days and still crotchety. Little things almost make me snap. My anxiety drives me crazy. Have a test next week that has to be clean and I took a home test last night and failed it 40 days and I been working hard sweating all day drinking tons of fluids and been going through about a gallon of cranberry every 4 days. How is this possible? And I wasn't a heavy smoker. Literally a gram or so a day max.

Dick Terpene

Dick Terpene

Ain't it funny how crack heroin and coke are gone in a couple days. Shows weed ain't a drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom