My DIY Seed/Clone Box

• Thread starter onTheGreenMountain
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
onTheGreenMountain

onTheGreenMountain

My Seed / Clone box:

I have a closet organizer/clothes hangar rack that I use as the structure. The top clothes hangar currently has my CFL box for seedlings and clones. It's hanging by a chain to the clothes hangar bar. The enclosure is a cardboard box with white poster board glued on. Previous versions I painted the cardboard white. I think I will do that again next time around, I'm not a fan of this poster board method. Only because it warps with humidity and only stays stuck where you glued it.

The tray is sitting on a piece of carpet with a heat mat under it. The carpet catches the drips from the tray hood and keeps it off the heat mat. It soaks up the drips then water usually quickly dries.
Under the heat mat is more of the cardboard box, tucked under for stability and a storage bin lid, turned upside down, to catch anything that I might spill or if it somehow leaks..

The bottom section has another clothes hangar bar that I'm about to hang a Vipar Spectra p1000 for a 12/12 box (another project im working on)

Left side shelves are storage at the moment but will eventually be cleared off and used as my indoor herb garden for cooking and teas. I'm going to put low intensity LED grow lights under each rack.

I've been using the white cardboard box and CFL method since ~2016, works great. I sprout my spring garden this way every year and now that I can homegrown in my state, I'm using it for my canna plants too. The light cost more than everything else put together..

My diy seedclone box
My diy seedclone box 2
My diy seedclone box 3
My diy seedclone box 4
My diy seedclone box 5
My diy seedclone box 6
My diy seedclone box 7
My diy seedclone box 8
My diy seedclone box 9
My diy seedclone box 10

Latest posts

Top Bottom