My Eyes Are Open Now....don't Judge Me Lol

• Thread starter BigYogi06
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

Only concern I have for your needs is the oz a week,its doable but hard with a small tent and setup,with 1 tent you can't go perpetual so you would be harvesting every 3 months roughly needing over half a lb to get by. Just a heads up and something to think over.

DGP

DGP

Only concern I have for your needs is the oz a week,its doable but hard with a small tent and setup,with 1 tent you can't go perpetual so you would be harvesting every 3 months roughly needing over half a lb to get by. Just a heads up and something to think over.
I believe a 600W HPS would be about right for a 3X4 (maybe could get by with less light), but that comes out to about 50W/sq ft. So any light source LED or HID or CMH would need to be about at that power level. With 400 watts your potential harvest as a beginner will likely be less than .5 gram/watt and that is about every 3-4 months a harvest. So after 4 months (once you get setup) you might see 150-250 grams if the run finishes.

Expecting much more than that will set you up for disappointment. Now if you pick the right hybrid (easy for beginners) and do everything right you might get nearly 300 or more. I have been struggling over the past 3 years or so of DWC to get my yields up where they should be. Believe me it has not be easy to get to that first real good yield.

H

heisen

Scrap the mars.I just got one,the mars rep sent me a 900 as a tester to review and write good things about and it sucks.Im about to send it to back or give it to noob.I put it over some ghost train haze and they arent anywhere near what my CMH was doing.
I strongly suggest you run autos as your first grow.Your gonna have light leaks to deal with on a 12 12 schedule.Photo plants will have to have complete dark for 12 hours a day.Your already gonna have a plathora of bullshit to deal with as a first grow not having to struggle with light is another less issue.Also autos run fast.You can run a couple autos in 2 DWC buckets with the light at 18/6 and not have to do nothing else but add nutes and hydroguard.in 30 days add 2 more and you can keep them all in the same tent under different stages so you can have a nice crop every 30 days.Autos will finish from sprout to chop in 65 days.Once you get the hang of growing than you can move on to timing photo strains.
Mephisto makes some solid auto strains that will ring your bell.People shit talk autos but ive grown them and gave it to the most seasoned smokers that didnt care wtf it was cause it was good.

As far as lights go a do it your self cob build can be great.They also make kits.Rapid Led has DIY kits they sell for 4x4 or 3x3 or whatever footprint you wanna cover.Higher up front cost but worth it in the long run.
Stay away from Blurple Leds and premade box light LED.they suck and the footprints suck.Go with a cob Kit or quantum board setup.
Heat wont be an issue either way with autos cause you wont need a tent at all.Just put the lights in a corner of a room and run em.You wont have to worry about light schedules and exhausting a tent when its closed.So on a budget you can go with a couple 315 CMH.you can get the ballast,bulbs and wing reflectors cheap.put 2 or 3 autos under each light and let em eat.The End,

Leew421

Leew421

I woukd stick with a 315 cmh to start. Don't make this over complicated. That's the biggest issue with new growers or growers in general. The plants do all the work. Thug pug is another great auto breeder. Heisen is knowledgeable. You can look at his work. Be careful who you take knowledge from. You can get whatever seeds you want cause the most valuable thing you will get the first 10 runs is knowledge and experience. Keep it fun and simple. A 315 cmh is outstanding in a 3x3 for few plants.

Top Bottom