My fellow trellisers, how do you like to do it?

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Going to put up a trellis in my tent tonight for the first time. How do you guys that use one like to set it up? Wait until flower and place it a half foot above and let it stretch into it? Place it just above in veg and tuck and bend branches to open up the plant? I'm interested in what you recommend as a strategy. I have two big girls on week 4 of veg that i've topped once and plan to top them one more time so I'm trying to keep them a little flatter. Is tucking and bending a better strategy in that case? I've done no other training but I do plan on lollipopping at flip.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
Going to put up a trellis in my tent tonight for the first time. How do you guys that use one like to set it up? Wait until flower and place it a half foot above and let it stretch into it? Place it just above in veg and tuck and bend branches to open up the plant? I'm interested in what you recommend as a strategy. I have two big girls on week 4 of veg that i've topped once and plan to top them one more time so I'm trying to keep them a little flatter. Is tucking and bending a better strategy in that case? I've done no other training but I do plan on lollipopping at flip.
I usually set my net about 16in above in veg and weave and tuck through it until about 75%full. (I'm a big guy and 12 in is difficult for me to work with.) Trim the bottoms, flip and continue to weave for a week and a half or two into flower. This'll get you a flat wide table spread. Weave for a little longer before flip and/or stop tucking earlier into flower for larger buds. Works for me so far.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I usually set my net about 16in above in veg and weave and tuck through it until about 75%full. (I'm a big guy and 12 in is difficult for me to work with.) Trim the bottoms, flip and continue to weave for a week and a half or two into flower. This'll get you a flat wide table spread. Weave for a little longer before flip and/or stop tucking earlier into flower for larger buds. Works for me so far.
Thanks for the reply fam! Since my plants are so big already (about a foot tall) should I maybe put the trellis just above them and start weaving? I'm ok with putting up a second level for flower if need be.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I like to SCROG my girls on their 3rd week in veg, just after I replant them into 3 gallon pots....I pull the trellis down to their LST height I train them too, and then during that last week of veg and into the first 10-14 days of flower will weave my plants into the trellis to control the stretch upwards, and in so doing spread the light evenly across the entire canopy for better bud development as all lights have a penetration depth limit. The idea is to fill in your trellis and spread out your girls for maximum yield with equal light. After this, around week 4 I will drop down my smaller trellis enough to keep the girls spread apart so that light penetration is even across the canopy. Depending on your plant count, you can make a nice canopy with a great yield 👍

These girls have just finished 2nd week in flower and will now grow to what they will be, and in about 2 weeks I will spread out the rest of the bud with the second trellis

20211118 1313032
20211123 133206
20211129 1347012
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I prefer 2 levels of trellis for training due to limited vertical space. Installed when the first leaf reaches that heigth. The second trellis comes in handy when you've got a Tall plant like the GG4 that's at 5 weeks flower.

Lst4 3
Top Bottom