My first 100% clone grow (Lemon Sunrise, Peyote Pancake, Golden Goat S1)

• Thread starter mysticepipedon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I might have become addicted to the mystery and excitement of growing never-before-grown strains (never before grown by ME), because I realized that the grow I'm starting is the first no-seedling grow I've ever done. I have always done pure seed runs or mixes of seedlings and clones.

The gals just came out of the aero-cloner and are looking rough. They are sharing the tent, temporarily, with some tomato, pepper and celery seedlings:
My first 100 clone grow lemon sunrise peyote pancake golden goat s1

For once I know every plant will be wanted when they're done.

On the left, there's a row of Lemon Sunrise plants. To the right of the LS, there are 4 Peyote Pancake girls. I can dub these two cuts Lights On and Lights Out, based one their effects on me. LS gives me a speedy jolt, PP is potent and full of the terp myrcene. Myrcene happens to be a terp that put's me OUT — a wonderful sleep aid.

The other eight pot plants represent three phenos of the Golden Goat S1 sold by Irie Genetics. I grew two out last time — one was done in 53 days and kicked ass, until I tried the one that took 12 weeks, which kicked ass harder. I had culled a third girl who seemed to require a very low soil pH. I'm going to give her another chance, since I kept a cut.

Golden Goat, BTW, is an amazingly powerful sativa dom, reminiscent of the old school Hawaiian that used to be around in the late 70s/early 80s. Unlike Lemon Sunrise, it will not make your heart jump out of your chest, do a couple of laps and then jump back in. It lacks the jagged edge of LS, which is a good thing for variety's sake, and I believe it would be more of a crowd pleaser than LS, since some people don't like the edginess.

I'll see how they look in a week. They should have recovered from the cloning by then.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

After some recovery, I think I'm ready to flip these gals. The Golden Goat that gave me trouble and got culled last time, is the light colored plant near the middle.

IMG 6584

She still has issues — wants acidic soil, then has trouble getting enough calcium…

Three Lemon Sunrise are on the left, and a fourth is way on the right. The mom plant went into flower, so these gals revegged. Note how few leaflets are on each leaf.

The shorter, well behaved, indica-looking ladies to the right of the LS are Peyote Pancakes — a heavy, myrcene-laden indica dom that has a tendency to knock my ass out. Why the breeder added the word "peyote" to the name makes little sense to me, as the only trip involved is a trip to dreamland. A Colorado breeder who made a drop and then disappeared off the face of the earth, bred it.

All other plants are Golden Goat, including one obscured by a Lemon Sunrise.

I'm sure the LS will stretch more than the others, but I've heard the stretch isn't as bad under LEDs. I switched to LEDs after I flipped, during my last grow, so I don't know how much less that stretch will be.

There's a slight experiment going on here. Most plants, except for the ones with yellow tags, got Ocean Forest soil (I was too rushed to mix my own soil this time around). The ones with yellow tags have Coast of Maine, Platinum Growes Mix, which, if it were any more expensive, should rightfully come with a voucher for oral sex. It is twice the price of Ocean Forest, but hey! It's got lobster compost in it! It's gotta be good, right?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

They're 2 weeks into flower and the stretch has been fairly minor. Anyone else notice less stretch with LEDs over HPS?

The Lemon Sunrise gals stretched most, as expected (the ones with the support stakes installed). Peyote Pancake hardly stretches at all, and Golden Goat doesn't do much, either. Had to booster seat some of them.
IMG 6596

Buds are developing at about a normal pace, with PP and LS jumping ahead of the Golden Goat.
IMG 6594

IMG 6592

So what do you think? Ready yet? Maybe another 8 weeks?

INDICAtive

INDICAtive

They're 2 weeks into flower and the stretch has been fairly minor. Anyone else notice less stretch with LEDs over HPS?

The Lemon Sunrise gals stretched most, as expected (the ones with the support stakes installed). Peyote Pancake hardly stretches at all, and Golden Goat doesn't do much, either. Had to booster seat some of them.
View attachment 1141818

Buds are developing at about a normal pace, with PP and LS jumping ahead of the Golden Goat.
View attachment 1141825
View attachment 1141827

So what do you think? Ready yet? Maybe another 8 weeks?
Yea its ready man chop her down. Why wait?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Week 4 is over. I kept 'em short this time — still getting used to the LEDs.
IMG 6616

They were somewhat defoliated, but the Lemon Sunrise didn't need much — came out very spindly, because its mom went into flower in the mom tent, then it revegged before flowering again.

I was slowly ramping up the LED, then the tallest plant started showing issues. I may be at the edge for this grow.

This is a Peyote Pancake grown in FFOF, below that is a PP grown in Coast of Maine:
IMG 6619

IMG 6618

Definitely deep, darker leaves, but I haven't seen a difference in bud size or anything, at this point.

The Lemon Sunrise is definitely happier with CoM — one of the four had some Mg deficiency. Buds also look slightly more developed. The first is FFOF:
IMG 6620

IMG 6621

The Golden Goat that got the CoM also looks more vigorous. I'll have to have a closer look at the ingredients for CoM and see if I can add some to future soil mixes. Though I doubt there is a hell of a lot of "lobster compost" here in Michigan.

Lemon Sunrise is a strain that wants a lot more Mg right after the flip. CoM seems to supply it quite well. I can't say it will improve yields yet, but it seems like there is more calyx development in the second pic, at this stage.

Scar818

Scar818

Led lights dont really burn so inthe future you can grow them upto 2-3 feet away from the lights. But your buds look pretty nice

testiclees

testiclees

That looks like my longer-flowering pheno, which is definitely the most vigorous grower. Give it the time it needs and you will fucking love it.

My light is probably 30-36" above. Still getting used to LEDs.
Damn, thats exciting news.

No rush at all over here. I will take her as far as she likes to go. This plant was just avg vigor outside in veg. She really ripped when transferred to indoor, 12-12. Ill post an update soon. I learned of golden goat from a bud here. My first run with irie beans.

If you grab a cheap lux meter you can get a useful idea of your radiance. If you know the light value details of the lamp youre using you could use a formula to convert lux to par and obtain a fairly accurate measurement of your ppfd.

Top Bottom