***My first 1200w Setup In A Secret Jardin***

• Thread starter medicali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

medicali

Hey People...new @ the farm and wanted to share my new setup and see if anyone had any opinions/advice. I'm a long time outdoor man/amateur indoor (5 inside harvests). I was at my local hydro shop and fell in love with the secret jardin darkroom tents. So i'm deciding to venture indoors this winter, can't wait!!! Was originally going to just drop 600w inside..but then i saw the growzilla reflector...and said to my self...1200w? why not! Not sure if it's too much...but I think it would kick some serious nug ass!!

M

medicali

Here's what I have so far:

600w dual lumatek digital ballast (1200w total)
secret jardin dr150 (4"11 x 4'11" x 6'9")
600w HPS eye hortilux bulbs (2 for 12/12)
600w conversion bulb (will run w/ 1 HPS for 18/6)
2 clip on fans inside for circulation.
CO2 tank w/regulator
passive intake @ bottom (probably just some 6" flexduct)

This is where i'm stuck...

M

medicali

I don't know what size/CFM fan to cool hood with, (i'm assuming a 6" since thats what size ports the tent has) I will be running clean air from one of the ports, straight through the sealed reflector, and out through the other side port (so all is fresh clean outside air from start to exhaust)

Then i will still need a scrubber attached to another exhaust for room exhaust...but i don't know what size/CFM or scrubber. This WILL be attached to a thermostat/regulator dealie-o since i will be running a
co2 tank (theoretically) inside and will only want exhaust running if temps call for it.

I would really appreciate any advice &/or opinions on a setup like this...I want to have all my ducks in a row before i go to my shop and get my hands dirty ya know?

All opinions and/or advice would be greatly appreciated...so thanks in advance..

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
That DR 150 is sweet brother and sounds like this is gonna kick some ass:dance

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

I got a new tent going right now I'll post some pix soon of the set up.. its sweet

M

medicali

Hey guys! Ya- those pix would be sweet..

Zoolander, as im new i cant PM yet...but any advice on the fans i still need?

I

Indianche

Wouldn't cops be a problem with such high electricity usage increase :? even so it'd kick ass !

M

medicali

Yes, the electricity might turn some heads, but i do operate under prop 215 with my doctors recommendation, so anything i post about or grow is within my legal limits as a medicinal marijuana user and is not for sale or any use other than that which has been prescribed to me in compliance with SB 420.

Speaking of electricity though...how much do you think a dual 600w ballast draws? I thought 600's were the most efficient HID out there? aside from the ballast, fans and what not draw less than an amp each

M

medicali

any advice on fans??? beuller.....beuller....

PLEASE!!!!

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Try to pm zoolander, I'm not in tents and a good exhaust fan is expensive so I wouldn't want to give the wrong recommendation. If you go too big you can get a fan controller as long as you have a compatible fan though.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The dual 600w Lumatek is only available in a 220v power source setup, which is great. It is actually two individually switched 600w ballast that pull 5.5amp a piece at a 220v. single input cord. Total of 11 amps.

On the exhaust fan, I would get a Can33 charcoal filter to hang up in the top corner with a Canfan HO 6" 137cfm fan or a Windtunnel 6" 209cfm inline fan pullin through it. You could also use the Can filter9000 and the smaller Canfan 6" at 82cfm. It is a much smaller diameter filter and would tuck up in there nice. you could also mount the fan on the outside or in the attic to get it out of the way and remove the heat source.

Tex

H

HolliHerb

600 watt is the most efficient. It puts out more lumen per watt as compared to 1000k.

You will be drawing 600 watt an hour off of each ballast. so both and your 1.2kwh. I don't know what's the electrical rates there but my 400 watt + ac + dehuey = 1500kwh along with my veg which is 96watt lighting and 50watt fan. It is pretty much an additional 130 - 140 on my regular bill. Just pay the bill on time and keep it professional. You shouldn't hear from anyone if you do your thing and keep them happy by not being late on bills.

if you want to cut down on cost. Change your veg light to something smaller. even floros if you want. You don't need a 600watt for 18/6. I personally try not to use any HID for veg as it would veg them way to fast and is pretty much over kill. I rather save $ on the electrical end and get floros, veg under those and put them under the 600's for flower.

If you must use a HID for veg, knock it down a notch.

cool the hood independently from the rest of the grow space. As in run the intake for the hood taking in ambient air outside of the grow tent. and have it exhaust out the window or into another room away from the tent, This will help cut down heat issues. You can do a Stanley Fan Mod and use a 45$ fan for cooling the hood.

If your doing co2. you should do a sealed room as to get best saturation and efficiency. For a sealed room you would need an AC and Dehumidifier. This way the AC and Dehumidifier will regulate the temps and humidity while co2 will dispense co2 until optimum level has been reached. The plant would use it up and put out co2 which would drop the co2 ppm and switch the regulators back on.

OR you can run an exhaust fan on a thermostat so it turns on only when room is at a certain temp, however it would be more difficult to dial everything in. As co2 would be dispense but the heat of the light but cause the exhaust to turn on and stay on so co2 is being wasted.

If you run a sealed room, you can scrub the air directly inside the room having it cycle internally. If you gonna run an exhaust on the tent, than definitely scrub that. I think you'll be good with a 300 - 400 cfm fan. a 200 would do as well.

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

I went with a 6 in. vortex. Using it to cool a 1000w in a 4x4 Homebox. Vortex offers a 10 yr. warranty. :yes

Caress of Steel

Caress of Steel

Not sure of a modle but it's the 449 cfm rated 6 in.

S

Skunkenstein

When I ran a tent set-up I used a dayton 140 cfm squirrel type fan for my lights and a 4in.hurricane with scrubber for odor control in a similar sized tent, using 1 600 watt hortilux in a cooltube.The one thing I would highly recommend is getting ''Fan speed controllers''.Otherwise you'll be wasting electricity..fans run at ''full'' speed otherwise.The sound of whooshing air is a total annoyance.And you will be able to control the posative/negative air pressure inside the tent way better..You want slightly negative, so to keep all odor inside where the scrubber can pull it away.Plus you can adjust or completly dial down when unexspected guest arrive at a moments notice!! Fans should also be mounted against some type of anti-vibration material or hung freely..they will send a vibration through you're house, that can be heard and felt !! Hope this helps!!

M

medicali

WoW!!! You guys are my new best friends! Thank you for all of your advice...

I will definately be getting a fan controller...couldn't justify it until now- but it totally seems worth it. thanx Skunkenstein!!

Question in regards to co2 Holliherb...would the tank be safe inside with the heat? and if a comparison was ran with a 1200w setup w/out co2- just regular old passive intake, and scrubbed exhaust with fan cooled lights ... next to a sealed room with co2- 1200w cooled lights, etc...

what kind of differences are we talking? faster turnover? more yield? bigger and better buds? Just wandering if its really worth investing in a regulator, controller, a/c, humidifier, thermostat control and all that fun stuff...or if i can still get 2lbs of dank without all that jazz off 4-6 plants?

Reason for asking= I was told in another forum to just run room air through scrubber, then through sealed reflector, then out room. This would eliminate the need for a second fan/exhaust line, pull enough for passive air intake, and then just keep my clip on fans turned on 24/7 for constant circulation. Eliminate the co2 setup because i had enough watt/sq.ft to kick out some dense nugs anyways...and save some bread.

i know this is all theoretical...just tryin to save a grand if possible- ya know?

thanks again for all the advice/opinions....+reps for all!!!! KEEP SMOKIN'

M

medicali

The dual 600w Lumatek is only available in a 220v power source setup, which is great. It is actually two individually switched 600w ballast that pull 5.5amp a piece at a 220v. single input cord. Total of 11 amps.

On the exhaust fan, I would get a Can33 charcoal filter to hang up in the top corner with a Canfan HO 6" 137cfm fan or a Windtunnel 6" 209cfm inline fan pullin through it. You could also use the Can filter9000 and the smaller Canfan 6" at 82cfm. It is a much smaller diameter filter and would tuck up in there nice. you could also mount the fan on the outside or in the attic to get it out of the way and remove the heat source.

Tex

I feel like a moron...you're right! the lumatek only makes the 240v dual ballast...i need 120v! DOH!! Know of any digital 600w dualies that are 120v???????

but i am sold on the Can33...thanks bro!

Just debating on whether or not to cool lights & room in one exhaust, or split it up. i think that will be my final decision maker on fan size....

Latest posts

Top Bottom