My first Autoflower Hydroponics Grow

• Thread starter Mogabie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mogabie

Mogabie

High, guys! I started Growing this Autoflower 18 days ago so I'm going to catch you up on what I did so far and then ill try to post as most development as possible.

So I started with 1 Girl Scout Cookies Extreme and a Bruce Banner strain. The GSC was the first one to show signs of life a couple of days after putting it to germinate. 5 days later I got this (Pic 1). At first, I got a little scare because I saw little white dots on the seedling's leaves but after asking in this forum, gorillaglueaaron told me that it was normal so that put me to easy. 12 days in and BB is not showing any sign at all of germination, in fact, all it did was turn black (Pic 2). GSC it's only getting bigger and looking better (Pics 3, 4 & 5).

It's been 18 days now and GSC it getting bigger, however, something doesn't seem right with her leaves (Pics 6, 7, 8, 9, &10) The center of the plant is like a little yellow. I'm thinking is temperature related. Maybe the canape got to hot. I'm trying to maintain a temperature between 75 °F and 85 °F as recommended for autoflowers but sometimes I go over or under and I am manually turning on and off the little heater in there. In case you are wondering why the heater, well, it's winter here and it gets super cold. So I have a small desk heater in the canape and when it gets under 75 °F I turn it on and it gets to 80 °F I turn it off and watch it slowly cool down to turn the heater back up. When the light is on, however, I have to open and close the canape cause the LED light causes enough heat and it can get over 85 °F in there so I open and close the canape accordingly. I also noticed that the roots are already coming out of the bottom of the cube. Maybe is time for a transplant to the hydro bucket, I'm not sure.

About 3 days ago I started to germinate another seed, I just wish I remember what it was. I think is Gorilla Glue..., but anyway, today I checked up on it and look (Pic 11)! What I don't know if its I can grow this with the GSC since it's basically 15 days behind GSC. If I can't grow them together, I just wasted a good seed. LOL.

Well, guys, this is all I have for this entry. Ill see you guys when I got some more new developments.

My first autoflower hydroponics grow
My first autoflower hydroponics grow 2
My first autoflower hydroponics grow 3
My first autoflower hydroponics grow 4
My first autoflower hydroponics grow 5
My first autoflower hydroponics grow 6
My first autoflower hydroponics grow 7
My first autoflower hydroponics grow 8
My first autoflower hydroponics grow 9
My first autoflower hydroponics grow 10
My first autoflower hydroponics grow 11
Mogabie

Mogabie

Today, GSC look saded than yesterday. The leaves are droopy. IDK what is going on... She look a little bigger than yesterday and I also noticed little dry ends on the bottom leaves. I can't help to think my baby is dying...

20210130 122949
20210130 123013
20210130 123057
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

When my seeds sprout I don't give them anything except straight water from the tap for the first week or two then I start about half strength of what GH recommends on the side of the bottle. They really aren't considered plants for the first few weeks, they're seedlings.

Mogabie

Mogabie

Today is a good day. Today was nuttrients change time and I noticed how big GSC has gotten since the last time I posted
20210202 135136

GG doesn't stay behind, tho. Look how big she has gotten
20210202 135115
. After watching several vids on hydroponics I have learned that is best to use half of the recommended dosage in the bottle. I just don't get why... Why does the company recommend the wrong dosage? Don't they do their research before producing a product?

Anywho, my girls are doing great and this is week 2 for GSC. I change her diet to a lower dosage. Im feeding her 1ml of micro, 1ml of grow and 0.5 mil of bloom per gallon.

Well, this is all I got for this entry. See you guys on the next one!

20210202 135122
20210202 135103
Mogabie

Mogabie

I'm really worried today... My baby is not feeling good. At least she doesn't look good. I started noticing this yesterday and today I changed her from the humidity dome to the hydroponics bucket and I thnk she got worst. She is drooping a lot and she is turning yellow 😥
20210205 231546
20210205 231557

I'm feeding her the flora line from general hydroponics. She is on her second week and I'm giving her 2.5 ml Micro, 2.5 ml Grow, and 1.0 of Bloom. All these measurements are per gallon and I'm using a 5gallon hydroponics bucket with 4 gallons in it. I'm starting to think it's not enough...

718wK3MuSYL AC SL1200

The PH levels on the waters are 5.5 - 6. The light is about 23'' from the canape. The temperature is 77.8 and humidity is at 15% in the growing tent.

20210205 2353211

IDK what else to do. I posted on the forums. Hopefully someone will know whats going on.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lower the light intensity and up the humidity. She is in a bit of shock from the large change in humidity and transplant. 15% is pretty rough on a young plant thats just been transplanted.

Mogabie

Mogabie

Lower the light intensity and up the humidity. She is in a bit of shock from the large change in humidity and transplant. 15% is pretty rough on a young plant thats just been transplanted.

Thank you so much for the help! I will change the humidity. Unfortunately, my light doesn't have a dial. Would raising the height of the light do 🤔?

Mogabie

Mogabie

Yesterday was Nutrients change for one of my babies. She is 5 weeks old now and I changed her diet to Micro 2 ml, Grow 1 ml, Bloom 2 ml and Cal Mag 2.5. She is looking good.
IMG 0005

I just noticed today that she is getting yellow tips. IDK why since I'm doing everything I'm reading about. Her humidity is 55% and room temp is between 75°F and 80°F
20210210 094838

She is not droopy or anything like that. She just getting these yellow tips. She has enough water and oxygen as well. I got 2 oxygen stones in her tank.
I have a feeling that it has to do with the Cal-Mag since it's the one thing I've done differently so far.

I'm still doing some reading on this subject and watching some YT vids to see if anyone is running into this problem and how are they fixing it. I'll post the solution when I figure it out.

Mogabie

Mogabie

GSC is doing better today. After a lot of reading and video watching, I learned that my nutrients were wrong. Apparently, I went over a little with the calmag so I empty the bucket and used this feeding schedule recommended by a pro grower From Seed to Stoned.

Weeks 5   6

As you already know, GSC wasn't doing so good because of the little overdose of CalMAg and she started to show signs of it with burned and curled-up tips. But after changing her food, she starting to look better.

IMG 0013
IMG 0014

I also Upgraded the light to a Spider Farm SF-1000.

61LeSC0ZINL AC SL1500

It turns out that the light that came with the kit is not good enough. This one is 600w and the Spider Farm is a full spectrum light with 1000w

61o5Cdfz2TL AC SL1500

I also decided to start a timelapse of the plant growing and I'll be uploading it to my YT channel. I'll be using a DIY timelapse recorder using a raspberry pi 0 w, 1TB SSD, and a webcam to capture 175,200 pics during the course of 4 months.

Download
IMG 0015

Well, guys, this is all i have for this week's update. See you guys in a week or sooner if something relevant happens.​

Mogabie

Mogabie

Today was nut change for GSC. She is 5 weeks old now and she's doing great after nutrient adjustments.

20210217 202605
20210217 202605

I also started her LST

20210217 202601

On week 5 I'm feeding her

Weeks 5   6

Latest posts

Top Bottom