My first DWC attempt - any advise is welcome ✔

• Thread starter demeso
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
demeso

demeso

Hi guys!!!

well just to let you know that english is not my mother tongue language! SO have some patience with me lol

lets start

i got 400W on 2 cob led bars of citizen and lumileds. i will upload a pic a few lines under.

im on their first week after 8 days of germination

fertilizers used : Advanced Nutrients ( Sensi grow a+b b52 voodoo ) bla bla

after feeding her for a few days mixing tap water and RO water yesterday i started with 320-340ppm

water temp is 23.5 but winter is COMINGGGG and hopefuly will be a quiet cooler. i got a few fish tank heaters

so the setup will be

3 small buckets

3.5L and two of 5L

2 - 6.6 gallons(25 L)

2400 Liters/hour Air pump

im on 80w on each bar RN

well!! lets start with the pics

Setup

setup.jpeg

02/10/2020

02-10.jpg

08/10/2020

medicion 07-10 paso a lana de roca grande.jpg

primera semana 08-10 3.jpg

primera semana 08-10.jpg
primera semana 08-10 2.jpg
primera semana 08-10 1.jpg

I hope you like it​

Last edited:
N4M

N4M

Nice. What size tent do you have? What is your germination method?

demeso

demeso

Nice. What size tent do you have? What is your germination method?

its 43"x 43" x 78"

i put them on RO 5.5 ph 0ppm 36 hours and after directly to the rockwool ( i soaked it in 180ppm solution 5.8 ph )

the second and third irrigation was with the same solution

and i started with 1st week solution today as said above

Last edited:
N4M

N4M

OK cool, I'm having difficulty germinating. 4 seeds didn't germinate. Using the paper towel method. The last one, critical mass, I just put in root riot surrounded with clay pebbles and even that didn't work.. Tried it under light, in the dark.. Dunno.

Tried bottled Aquafina.. And this one I am just using tap water ~100 ppm.

Before I left the house for work last night I wet the paper towel with hot water maybe that will help. Maybe I'm just impatient. It's been almost 5 days I think.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

5 days, yup, be patient.

i use the paper towel technique, and its 100% (knock on wood) way for me. you could instead use coffee filter paper...

5 days is getting there, but i'd even wait another 5 days, before thinking.....

demeso

demeso

OK cool, I'm having difficulty germinating. 4 seeds didn't germinate. Using the paper towel method. The last one, critical mass, I just put in root riot surrounded with clay pebbles and even that didn't work.. Tried it under light, in the dark.. Dunno.

Before I left the house for work last night I wet the paper towel with hot water maybe that will help. Maybe I'm just impatient. It's been almost 5 days I think.

ok. i did the towel method many times and its a bit harder for me than rockwool to be honest. this is my first time doing it...

you should find the sweet spot of water into the rockwool to dont rot roots... probable is the same thing with the towel. if is too wet... you are f..

i always leave them on RO for a few days in darkness before even use the towel method

whats your room temperature?

chemistry

chemistry

Under heat is everything when it comes to seeds. 😉

chemistry

chemistry

Needs putting onto another block or onto a bigger block, or what ever your moving it up to, so the roots have passage to carry on growing.

demeso

demeso

Needs putting onto another block or onto a bigger block, or what ever your moving it up to, so the roots have passage to carry on growing.

hi mate! yes i will do it tomorrow. I need 2 buckets more... probably i will buy it in IKEA. 10L is enough isnt it?

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

so, you got three 2-pots DWC systems?

those 2 black round 20 L buckets, 2 IKEA 10 L buckets, and those smaller white buckets at the back?

yeah, you wouldn't have a centralised reservoir….

oh, and those plants in the middle....

how many air pumps have you got?

just another point of interest, also got plants at different growth phases/stages....makes an interest grow in one area...

looks good!

demeso

demeso

so, you got three 2-pots DWC systems?

those 2 black round 20 L buckets, 2 IKEA 10 L buckets, and those smaller white buckets at the back?

yeah, you wouldn't have a centralised reservoir….

oh, and those plants in the middle....

how many air pumps have you got?

just another point of interest, also got plants at different growth phases/stages....makes an interest grow in one area...

looks good!

thank mate!!!

the white ones are close to 5L. they are 3

those plants on soil are autos. i was growing them for fun but they are doing well so i will keep them.

i got a 2400L/H Air Pump

all the plants that are in DWC were germinated the same day and are photoperiodic plants ... I just took the strongest ones for the 20L. is

Airpump extractor

I used the produt boxes to keep it clean and is not to noisy

Last edited:
demeso

demeso

Sup fellas!

We are in Week 2 🤯

I added the nutes to the same water just to save some water. Just this time Im thinking to do it

all DWC buckets are between 420ppm-450ppm
pH i have not checked 😄

looks like is going fine.

Semana 2 crecimiento 14 10  5

Semana 2 crecimiento 14 10  1

Semana 2 crecimiento 14 10  2

Semana 2 crecimiento 14 10

Semana 2 crecimiento 14 10  3
Semana 2 crecimiento 14 10  4

Mospeada

Mospeada

Looking good, now that the roots are well and truly in the solution, I'd bump everything to up. Blast the lights, max the ppm/ec (1200/1.2) add co2 at higher temps if you use it. I'd highly recommend adding kelp to your solution. Uhh actually add kelp before bumping all your settings up. This is the rooting I got after 5 days in a kelp bath.
IMG 20200903 165441

demeso

demeso

Looking good, now that the roots are well and truly in the solution, I'd bump everything to up. Blast the lights, max the ppm/ec (1200/1.2) add co2 at higher temps if you use it. I'd highly recommend adding kelp to your solution. Uhh actually add kelp before bumping all your settings up. This is the rooting I got after 5 days in a kelp bath.

thanks for the advise dude!

Im using Advanced Nutrients. what you recommend me to dont fuck the solution and ph

Mospeada

Mospeada

thanks for the advise dude!

Im using Advanced Nutrients. what you recommend me to dont fuck the solution and ph
Any nutrient line is good enough with hydro, that is assuming it is providing all the base nutrients. pH like normal, between 5.8-6.2. Kelp isn't an essential nutrient, your plants will grow healthy without it. Did you say you're using B-52? That should have kelp in it but it seems kinda weak. Seasol was the best kelp I've used so far. Bloom was one of the worst, didn't stay in solution.

demeso

demeso

Any nutrient line is good enough with hydro, that is assuming it is providing all the base nutrients. pH like normal, between 5.8-6.2. Kelp isn't an essential nutrient, your plants will grow healthy without it. Did you say you're using B-52? That should have kelp in it but it seems kinda weak. Seasol was the best kelp I've used so far. Bloom was one of the worst, didn't stay in solution.

Thanks @Mospeada. yeah im using B-52.

demeso

demeso

Hello guys! well today is day 21st! time to clean and new water for this girls.

I'm having a little problem with temp but hopefuly in the next two days the temperature will drop 5 degrees. nothing to worry i reckon

i will put the lights closer when the temp go down

PPM 820 840 - can you guys tell me if im quiet high of ppms?

21 10 Setup

21   10 Gorilla
21 10  gorilla
21 10 chocoleitor 4L
21 10 lenon 16L
21 10 negra 4L
21 10 chocoleitor 16L
21 10  raices 2
21 10  raices1
21 10 raices

Latest posts

Top Bottom