My first grow. A random bag seed grow outdoors.

• Thread starter Noobstar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Noobstar

Noobstar

Hey everyone,
this is my first time growing and I really wanted a place to discuss my grow and be able to communicate with more experienced growers.

I love hearing everyone’s two cents so don’t hold back.
My first grow a random bag seed grow outdoors

This is a month ago.
So far my grow consist of 5 plants all of which derived from a bag of random seeds I’ve collected over some years.The seeds sprouted about 4 weeks ago and all 5 are growing well. (I think)
I’m 99% sure one of them is an autoflowering plant as it grew some pistils as soon as the first set of 3 bladed leaves grew in.

As for the other 4 I just don’t know yet, I might need help with sexing if they are harder to determine than the autoflower.
Here is what the plants currently look like:
My first grow a random bag seed grow outdoors 4
My first grow a random bag seed grow outdoors 5
this is the autoflower close up.
My first grow a random bag seed grow outdoors 6
They are in 1 gallon smart pots and the pots are filled with roots organic original soil.
I have yet to add any type of nutrients But I’m not opposed to it just a little nervous and uneducated on the subject. I just don’t want anything too complicated So if there’s any suggestions on that matter I’d love to hear them.

I know about LST and topping, should I be starting those? and is it ok to start both at the same time? Also should I top and LST the auto?

I have a lot of questions! I don’t want to squeeze out the absolute best possible yield from these plants but I do want to increase it.
I hope to learn a lot here as I am loving this new hobby.

My first grow a random bag seed grow outdoors 2
My first grow a random bag seed grow outdoors 3
GODNYC

GODNYC

First of all welcome to the growers community; I’m a new grower as well. When it come to nutrients there a lot of options in the market and a tip dealing with nutrients is less is better.

I currently use General Hydroponics, Fox Farm, two root excelerator; have you looked into the NPK Charts?

when it comes topping , LST, and FIM all the forms and things I have read states its optional. I haven’t done none of it to my baby (at the bottom).

D731402B 0197 4501 A330 30307DA6283B
E73B9AF0 6691 4C3A 9BED 13B39FDBBFF0
2366E781 B55C 46FF A74E 7E505A991877
Noobstar

Noobstar

First of all welcome to the growers community; I’m a new grower as well. When it come to nutrients there a lot of options in the market and a tip dealing with nutrients is less is better.

I currently use General Hydroponics, Fox Farm, two root excelerator; have you looked into the NPK Charts?

when it comes topping , LST, and FIM all the forms and things I have read states its optional. I haven’t done none of it to my baby (at the bottom).
Wow look at those leaves! That baby looks amazing. I’ve briefly looked into NPK charts, I guess im looking for a light NPK ratio of 3:1:1.
I’m going to look into the nutes you listed they clearly seem to be working.

GODNYC

GODNYC

Wow look at those leaves! That baby looks amazing. I’ve briefly looked into NPK charts, I guess im looking for a light NPK ratio of 3:1:1.
I’m going to look into the nutes you listed they clearly seem to be working.
Thanks it’s been a work in progress. I also attached a chart that shows at what Ph level your plant will consume nutrients and also an illustration that show how leaves will turn in certain nutrients deficiencies.

F32CB765 5603 4534 93A2 2D572E528EB7
A0E590AB 9D91 46E8 8B16 B3EB9FBDBF6F
Noobstar

Noobstar

Thanks it’s been a work in progress. I also attached a chart that shows at what Ph level your plant will consume nutrients and also an illustration that show how leaves will turn in certain nutrients deficiencies.
Super useful, thank you.
I ended up purchasing this roots organic fertilizer since I already have their soil. It’s a 3-1-1 ratio. I’m going to go light on it and watch my babies carefully, I don’t wanna burn them!
7E094ED0 288B 426C A9CE 4ED5F8AF1A4F

sambapati

sambapati

Hey everyone,
this is my first time growing and I really wanted a place to discuss my grow and be able to communicate with more experienced growers.

I love hearing everyone’s two cents so don’t hold back.View attachment 1136100
This is a month ago.
So far my grow consist of 5 plants all of which derived from a bag of random seeds I’ve collected over some years.The seeds sprouted about 4 weeks ago and all 5 are growing well. (I think)
I’m 99% sure one of them is an autoflowering plant as it grew some pistils as soon as the first set of 3 bladed leaves grew in.

As for the other 4 I just don’t know yet, I might need help with sexing if they are harder to determine than the autoflower.
Here is what the plants currently look like:View attachment 1136109View attachment 1136110this is the autoflower close up.View attachment 1136111They are in 1 gallon smart pots and the pots are filled with roots organic original soil.
I have yet to add any type of nutrients But I’m not opposed to it just a little nervous and uneducated on the subject. I just don’t want anything too complicated So if there’s any suggestions on that matter I’d love to hear them.

I know about LST and topping, should I be starting those? and is it ok to start both at the same time? Also should I top and LST the auto?

I have a lot of questions! I don’t want to squeeze out the absolute best possible yield from these plants but I do want to increase it.
Really like your set up off the ground to maximize air flow. Well thought out...but the ladies may be getting a bit cramped and they all want their place in the sun...so maybe the planter surface area can expand to match the plants. Compost tea recipes are plentiful on this site and that is an easy way to introduce nutrient and they are inexpensive to free....

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Can we get a side view of those?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hey everyone,

This is a month ago.

Here is what the plants currently look like:View attachment 1136109View attachment 1136110this is the autoflower close up.View attachment 1136111They are in 1 gallon smart pots and the pots are filled with roots organic original soil.

These look really good. Since you are going Organic, don't flush or add anything except water. You need microbes and enzymes to finish the organic part. If you bought living soil, it has some, but likely not enough.

jmand

jmand

Hey everyone,

This is a month ago.

looks really good man I say that if you have very good soil you dont need much nutes really, only if they look hungry for it.. Can maybe do some compost tea or some simple nutes for tomatoes. I wouldnt get too caught up in all that expensive branded stuff unless its something you really need or you're doing hydro but those look super healthy man so dont worry too much. If they really need nutes they start to go all frail and yellow...

jmand

jmand

this is a useful chart!! I do this and keep an eye on them they tel you what they need!

Latest posts

Top Bottom