My first grow, advice welcome!

• Thread starter KingRookie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KingRookie

Decided to try my hand at growing. Wanted to keep everything budget friendly until I have a grasp on what to look for and if I am even cut out for this.

Im pretty big into saltwater reef tanks and had some “black box” LEDs in the closet I was using. Ordered new diodes to make them more of grow lights instead of reef lights. Removed all the blue LEDs and swapped in some warm and cool whites.

The seeds I germinated are just random ones I’ve found so nothing special, again wanted to get a grasp before I invested in good seeds. I popped them the week of thanksgiving 2021.

currently in 3g fabric pots, watering with RODI water PH to 6.0~ with Fox Farm Grow Big added.

Also using Happy Frog substrate.
Grow is setup in a spare closet, walls wrapped in Mylar and a sheet of plastic across the floor and up the baseboard.

so not quit 2 months into this and I don’t think its going too shabby. I have topped each plant a couple times at this point and tied down branches for LST.

2nd light will be going up today or tomorrow to spread the plants out.

any opinions would be appreciated. Anything should I do differently?
When should I flip to bloom?
My first grow advice welcome
My first grow advice welcome 2
My first grow advice welcome 3
My first grow advice welcome 4

My first grow advice welcome 5
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Looking good.

Let those growing points become branches before you flip, but that's when I would flip them — after a few inches on the new branches.

K

KingRookie

When should I start defoliating the lower fan leaves?
How long into flower will I know which are male/female?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You need to look for bugs. It looks like something is chewing on your leaves.

K

KingRookie

Bite marks in the Red, Some mutant genes in the light green.
951EC771 D738 4BB1 AAB9 D5786C70CF11
E1551B2D C3A6 468F BB51 FD4B8441C2B1
Those marks popped up early on and only on those 2 leaves. Never have seen bugs other than a couple of gnats. There’s a better pic of that one leaf as well. Is the gene issue bad?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Cut the feed amounts on the charts by half. And you should not need to feed it for the first 2 or 3 weeks anyway.

Top Bottom