My first grow any help welcome.

• Thread starter Boshy94
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Boshy94

So recently I acquired a 100x100x200 tent from my brother unopened and all his nutrients which is all new, including other bits not pictured (ph down and buffer, carbon filter, extractor etc. He was going to grow but didn't end up so I said I'd take it off his hands.

Anyway long story short I pretty much got everything other than the light so after some research (probably not enough) I decided on the fecida 600, I do only have 2 seedlings in which have been germinated. As being new this wouldn't break the bank and it was reviewed pretty well for small grows but after speaking to a few people they mentioned it's pretty powerless and not very good as it only uses 100w but tbh at 100 percent brightness it is pretty powerful and the tents sitting at 22c.

So in terms of starting a new grow would I better just using this light for seedling stage and buy something else for veg and flower if this isn't up to the job?

I'm going to also be planting a couple of autos as I only used a couple seeds my brother had (ammy haze royal queen) and this probably isn't the best for a first time grow with the long grow times etc.

I'm still yet to fit the filter , fan etc which I'm going to when start vegging. So please do tell me what I've done right or wrong and please recommend me a good light if any.

Thank you for reading.

My first grow any help welcome
My first grow any help welcome 2
My first grow any help welcome 3
BigCube

BigCube

General rule of thumb for led is 30 to 35 watts per square foot.

A 100x100cm is essentially a bit larger than 3x3 so we will use the 35 watt estimate to cover it.

3x3=9×35=315 watts

As you can see, you will need much more light. In veg 100w may be enough but may leave your plants spindly and fragile. I reccomend at least 300w for your tent. Personally in a 3x3x6 I run about 400w and get about a pound out of it.

With 100w maybe you'd get a couple ounces of fluffy underdeveloped flower.

B

Boshy94

General rule of thumb for led is 30 to 35 watts per square foot.

A 100x100cm is essentially a bit larger than 3x3 so we will use the 35 watt estimate to cover it.

3x3=9×35=315 watts

As you can see, you will need much more light. In veg 100w may be enough but may leave your plants spindly and fragile. I reccomend at least 300w for your tent. Personally in a 3x3x6 I run about 400w and get about a pound out of it.

With 100w maybe you'd get a couple ounces of fluffy underdeveloped flower.
Thank you sir for your reply.

I just literally few hours ago bit the bullet on a lumatek ats 300w Pro so we definitely got the light power now she's getting delivered tomorrow.

I'm starting to get it dialed in alot better now. On transplant I'm moving out of coco and going into a soil mix with castings, aeration eyc. We coming up to day 5 since planting and they they just popped out last night.

But I'm gonna put a couple of autos in too from fastbuds.

BigCube

BigCube

Thank you sir for your reply.

I just literally few hours ago bit the bullet on a lumatek ats 300w Pro so we definitely got the light power now she's getting delivered tomorrow.

I'm starting to get it dialed in alot better now. On transplant I'm moving out of coco and going into a soil mix with castings, aeration eyc. We coming up to day 5 since planting and they they just popped out last night.

But I'm gonna put a couple of autos in too from fastbuds.
Very nice. Good luck man!

B

Boshy94

Just a update on the setup, this was from the other day I forgot to upload as I've been hungover and shit and working haha.

1 of them 2 didn't make it so I binned the seed popped but didn't take anymore growth in a week or so didn't move a single MM. So out it went and I managed to get purple lemonade and gorilla cookies from fastbuds to try.

So we rolling with 3 plants now. The 2 autos just about ready to get planted tomorrow I will update further:)

20220709 122448
20220709 122504
20220709 122945
Top Bottom