My first grow, having issues, need advice pls

• Thread starter Swizzy00
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Swizzy00

Hello everyone,
This is my first grow and I am having some issues. Please help. Thank you.

4x4 tent
2 clones of Ghost OG
Spider farmer sf-7000 at 75% power, light is 26 inches from tallest bud.
Soil is fox farms ocean forest in 3 gallon pots
Nutrients are general organics and I am following weekly feed schedule on the box they came in.
I just started week 5 of flower.

these clones were given to me before I had the all the right tools. I started veg with low powered light and was not PHing my water until flower.

I now use a hydrometer to measure soil moistness and water about every 3 days with dechlorinated and ph adjusted tap water.

At the start of flowering the back right plant started getting yellow leaves which are now turning bronze. This recently started affecting the front left plant. I reduce the water PH to 6.3 before each watering and also measure the run off, which has a similar PH.

what am I doing wrong here? From my reading I know that leaves will yellow in flower but I feel both these plants look unhealthy.

My first grow having issues need advice pls
CannaDana

CannaDana

I'm not super experienced, but I wanted to answer because you're not getting any responses, and maybe kicking it to the top will get some smarter people to comment.

First, you haven't really given us enough information for a diagnosis. You should post everything about your environment.

Second, this is too early in flower for yellowing unless you just have zero nutrients in your mix. You say you're feeding regularly. So I don't think it's that.

Remember, it might not be nutes. Lots of things can masquerade as a nutrient problem. My first question is what is the temperature in your tent, and what is the leaf temperature? That can cause problems that look like nute problems. And your plants just have the look of heat reaction to them.

If it is a nute problem, you just have to be a detective. Start by ruling out things, and narrow it down as far as possible. Eliminate the impossible, and what is left is what you should look at. Remember that there are mobile nutrients and immobile nutrients. Mobile nutrient deficiencies begin on the lower part of the plant, and on the older leaves. That's not what's going on here, so if it's nutes, you can eliminate all of the mobile nutrients right away. Immobile nutrient problems begin at the top of the plant, with the newer growth.

It's hard to tell what your photo is saying to us. It kind of looks like you're getting bronzing on the upper leaves. If that's the case, you might(!) have a Boron deficiency. I've never seen one, but I'm told it can cause a bronzing of the leaves. Here's a photo of boron deficiencies. If you look at your leaves close up, do they have this kind of appearance?

I'm guessing from what you've said that you don't actually have a boron or any nutrient problem. I think it's something else. Like heat, for instance. Sorry I can't give you better input, but I'm pretty new at this myself. Hope this gives you someplace to start, at least. And maybe someone will come in and tell you exactly what it is. But it's hard to diagnose problems over the internet without great photos and lots of information.

Welcome to the farm, and best of luck.

S

Swizzy00

I'm not super experienced, but I wanted to answer because you're not getting any responses, and maybe kicking it to the top will get some smarter people to comment.

First, you haven't really given us enough information for a diagnosis. You should post everything about your environment.

Second, this is too early in flower for yellowing unless you just have zero nutrients in your mix. You say you're feeding regularly. So I don't think it's that.

Remember, it might not be nutes. Lots of things can masquerade as a nutrient problem. My first question is what is the temperature in your tent, and what is the leaf temperature? That can cause problems that look like nute problems. And your plants just have the look of heat reaction to them.

If it is a nute problem, you just have to be a detective. Start by ruling out things, and narrow it down as far as possible. Eliminate the impossible, and what is left is what you should look at. Remember that there are mobile nutrients and immobile nutrients. Mobile nutrient deficiencies begin on the lower part of the plant, and on the older leaves. That's not what's going on here, so if it's nutes, you can eliminate all of the mobile nutrients right away. Immobile nutrient problems begin at the top of the plant, with the newer growth.

It's hard to tell what your photo is saying to us. It kind of looks like you're getting bronzing on the upper leaves. If that's the case, you might(!) have a Boron deficiency. I've never seen one, but I'm told it can cause a bronzing of the leaves. Here's a photo of boron deficiencies. If you look at your leaves close up, do they have this kind of appearance?

View attachment 1203239

I'm guessing from what you've said that you don't actually have a boron or any nutrient problem. I think it's something else. Like heat, for instance. Sorry I can't give you better input, but I'm pretty new at this myself. Hope this gives you someplace to start, at least. And maybe someone will come in and tell you exactly what it is. But it's hard to diagnose problems over the internet without great photos and lots of information.

Thank you for the reply! After I posted this I decided that tomorrow I am going to turn the light down 25% from its current setting and see what happens. I am also going to give plants a watering of only water with no nutrients during the next watering.

to answer your question, my temps are ok….I think. I have a probe at the canopy and I never exceed 82F during the light period. At night I’m not sure….I live in CO which is cold but eep my house at 68F at night.

I have been running my fans 24/7, not sure if that is an issue. My RH is around 35-40%.

I’ll post some additional pics tomorrow when the lights are on. Thanks again CannaDana.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Hello everyone,
This is my first grow and I am having some issues. Please help. Thank you.

4x4 tent
2 clones of Ghost OG
Spider farmer sf-7000 at 75% power, light is 26 inches from tallest bud.
Soil is fox farms ocean forest in 3 gallon pots
Nutrients are general organics and I am following weekly feed schedule on the box they came in.
I just started week 5 of flower.

these clones were given to me before I had the all the right tools. I started veg with low powered light and was not PHing my water until flower.

I now use a hydrometer to measure soil moistness and water about every 3 days with dechlorinated and ph adjusted tap water.

At the start of flowering the back right plant started getting yellow leaves which are now turning bronze. This recently started affecting the front left plant. I reduce the water PH to 6.3 before each watering and also measure the run off, which has a similar PH.

what am I doing wrong here? From my reading I know that leaves will yellow in flower but I feel both these plants look unhealthy.
When you flipped to flower did you continue to feed veg nutrients after the flip or did you immediately switch to bloom nutrients? More pictures will help.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
They look like they were starved of nitrogen. Were you feeding them every watering?

S

Swizzy00

View attachment 1203239

Thank you for the reply! After I posted this I decided that tomorrow I am going to turn the light down 25% from its current setting and see what happens. I am also going to give plants a watering of only water with no nutrients during the next watering.

to answer your question, my temps are ok….I think. I have a probe at the canopy and I never exceed 82F during the light period. At night I’m not sure….I live in CO which is cold but eep my house at 68F at night.

I have been running my fans 24/7, not sure if that is an issue. My RH is around 35-40%.

I’ll post some additional pics tomorrow when the lights are on. Thanks again CannaDana.
When you flipped to flower did you continue to feed veg nutrients after the flip or did you immediately switch to bloom nutrients? More pictures will help.
Hi SofaKingHigh,
During the transition to 12x12 I fed veg nutrients for 1 week before switching to bloom nutrients. So about 2-3 feedings (can’t remember). But, I did see this issue arise right around that transition time. What is weird is this is a new problem for the front left plant. It was only affecting the back right plant at first and then it was about week 3ish of flower when I noticed it on the front left plant

other info:
about 2 weeks before flower I put both plants in the tent with the new light. For most of their veg they were in a 2x4 closet with only 200w of light. When I put them in the tent I slowly increased the sf-7000 power by about 5% each day until I reached 75%.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

This is a pH issue. How can I tell? It affects the entire plant at once. If it was a mobile or immobile nute, it would have began at top or bottom.
Only 2 things hit the entire plant at once. pH or root rot. It doesn't have the 'diseased' look of root rot, but it looks like a severe K shortage. That pretty much confirms it's pH to me. pH is often first seen as a major K shortage like this.

Stop pHing your feed and water. The soil you have has lime in it and that auto-adjusts the pH. You are causing issues by trying to change it.
Give it a plain water feed for the next 2. These leaves will not turn green again. Plants don't work that way. Damage does not heal, the plant grows new ones instead. But leave them for now because they are still providing some limited energy to the plants.

That's a huge amount of light for a 4x4. Turn your 7000 down to 60%

S

Swizzy00

This is a pH issue. How can I tell? It affects the entire plant at once. If it was a mobile or immobile nute, it would have began at top or bottom.
Only 2 things hit the entire plant at once. pH or root rot. It doesn't have the 'diseased' look of root rot, but it looks like a severe K shortage. That pretty much confirms it's pH to me. pH is often first seen as a major K shortage like this.

Stop pHing your feed and water. The soil you have has lime in it and that auto-adjusts the pH. You are causing issues by trying to change it.
Give it a plain water feed for the next 2. These leaves will not turn green again. Plants don't work that way. Damage does not heal, the plant grows new ones instead. But leave them for now because they are still providing some limited energy to the plants.

That's a huge amount of light for a 4x4. Turn your 7000 down to 60%
Thank you very much!

S

Swizzy00

1/5/22:
I reduced light power to 60% and fed water only and will continue with no nutrients for a couple waterings. I will update this thread with results over the next few weeks.
Here is a closeup picture of a severely discolored leaf. There are many of these across the back right
plant.

55CBF66A 4793 4DA9 87B4 A2BC56B0A141
Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Add a very small amount of Cal-Mag when you water next time. Show us the new growth.

Top Bottom