My first grow/micro grow

• Thread starter fr0stysm0ke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fr0stysm0ke

Hi Fellow Farmers!

New to this forum and growing. Have been reading for days and starting up a small setup. However my seeds sprouted a bit faster that expected . So I had to make do with a few things for now.

My cabinet setup:

Height: 68 Inches
Width: 30 Inches
Depth: 18 Inches

Lighting: 25w CFL compact w/ Ghetto reflector
15w Eclipse daylight fluorescent tube- T8 18 inch
I can raise and lower the t8 fairly easy, the CFL is a bit limited to how far I can go with it. Height is not so much an issue if I do not raise much more than 2 feet or so.

Inside temps stay around 72F, verified with digital temp probe and infrared temp gun. Humidity hovers around 50%

I am sure the setup could use some work, given the size of the cabinet I only have maybe 2 more feet to work with, to remain fairly stealth hopefully ;D So far only a tiny amount of light leaks out that is visible from the outside. Will focus on smell next with a carbon filter setup.

Any suggestions as far as my lighting goes with this setup, or overall suggestions? All feedback much appreciated!

Pictures attached.

The babies from seed, I am hoping at least 1 female is in there ;D
I only ever plan to keep maybe 2 plants going and a clone or two.

Note: It is hard to tell from the pictures, but my exhaust fan blows the hot air outwards through the holes near the CFL lamp. The fan is rated 12v, which I have wired into a 9v DC adapter. Using a metal fixture with my ghetto rigged reflector. As I said had to make do for now ;D

*EDIT*
Light schedule : 18/6, suggestions?
Soil: No name brand soil, with mixture of pete moss., suggestions?
Water: Spring water from bottles.
Nutrients: nothing yet, suggestions?

^please excuse typos, wrote this while smoking :)

CFL 23w Can Reflector
ExhaustFanPull
UnknownKush strain day3
UnknownKush strain img1 day3
F

fr0stysm0ke

Just replaced the 24w CFL with a Tensor Vision Max 27w, *correction*1500 lumens. Added another 18' tube - Globe Daylight, from what I can find online it is 740 lumen - F15T8, 6,500kelvin. The other bulb is an Eclipse Daylight - 750 lumen, 4,600kelvin,

Total I should have 7,840 lumens, what should I aim for?

Hi Fellow Farmers!

New to this forum and growing. Have been reading for days and starting up a small setup. However my seeds sprouted a bit faster that expected . So I had to make do with a few things for now.

My cabinet setup:

Height: 68 Inches
Width: 30 Inches
Depth: 18 Inches

Lighting: 25w CFL compact w/ Ghetto reflector
15w Eclipse daylight fluorescent tube- T8 18 inch
I can raise and lower the t8 fairly easy, the CFL is a bit limited to how far I can go with it. Height is not so much an issue if I do not raise much more than 2 feet or so.

Inside temps stay around 72F, verified with digital temp probe and infrared temp gun. Humidity hovers around 50%

I am sure the setup could use some work, given the size of the cabinet I only have maybe 2 more feet to work with, to remain fairly stealth hopefully ;D So far only a tiny amount of light leaks out that is visible from the outside. Will focus on smell next with a carbon filter setup.

Any suggestions as far as my lighting goes with this setup, or overall suggestions? All feedback much appreciated!

Pictures attached.

The babies from seed, I am hoping at least 1 female is in there ;D
I only ever plan to keep maybe 2 plants going and a clone or two.

Note: It is hard to tell from the pictures, but my exhaust fan blows the hot air outwards through the holes near the CFL lamp. The fan is rated 12v, which I have wired into a 9v DC adapter. Using a metal fixture with my ghetto rigged reflector. As I said had to make do for now ;D

*EDIT*
Light schedule : 18/6, suggestions?
Soil: No name brand soil, with mixture of pete moss., suggestions?
Water: Spring water from bottles.
Nutrients: nothing yet, suggestions?

^please excuse typos, wrote this while smoking :)

F

fr0stysm0ke

more upgrades yay!

Found a 18" T8 Sylvania - Full Spectrum 6500k, Initial Lumens says 600
Figured it was better than the Globe, which I am not sure is full spectrum.

T

true blue

Get the light couple inches from the plants will be loads better

F

fr0stysm0ke

Yea already did, started running into a bit of leaf burn I think.

P

poptcorn

You are going to need more bulbs for vegging and flowering, you should aim for 100W for 1 plant and 50W for each additional plant. This is actual wattage not the 23W = 100W or whatever. g'luck

J

johndeere

general

Lime your soil with powdered agricultural lime. It will save you a ton of headaches in the PH area.You have just under 4 feet squared of floor space, the rule of thumb for lighting is 50w per square foot so you need somewhere in the area of 200 watts of lighting , less can work but fluffiness will ensue.The lighting you have in place needs to be closer to the plants,especially the blue as it will keep your plants from stretching and create a nice solid structure. If you cant get the light higher bring the plants closer stack em on whatever just get them closer. Good Luck

C

Cartoon Head

You could always splash out on a 200w cfl and use it as the main sorce of light and the others as side lighting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom