My First Hydroponics Grow!

• Thread starter CNDGrow420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CNDGrow420

CNDGrow420

Hello anyone that reads and responds!

I am a Canadian who recently started to grow as the new rules that took effect in October 2018 and I wanted to post my grow and get feed back / tips and tricks, and maybe start helping some others with any knowledge I do currently have, though it may be limited!

So to explain my current set up I have a 4X4 foot tent from Mars Hydro with a 480W LED light, I have an Autopots Hydroponics system running which is basically an Ebb and Flow system, but hard to explain.
I am also running a 4 inch carbon filter for air flow and a 4 inch fan for air movement.

My light is on a 6/18 cycle and I have 4 plants growing, the seeds are CBDurban a strain by Canuck Seeds that I got from a local shop that sells seeds.

Currently I am using General Hydropontics Flora Series for my nutes and I follow 1/2 tsp of the flora micro, and 1/2 tsp of the flora gro and 1/4 tsp of the flora bloom per gallon, with an EC of 1.6 and a Ph of 5.5-6 max.

I have seen what appears to be some nute burn and you will see this in my pictures on the tips of the leaves. This happened as I was mis-reading my EC reader but I have corrected that issue.

Based off my images and description above, I was wondering if anyone could provide me with helpful insights. I am open to any advice on how to improve or correct anything you might notice?

Any info is useful info!
Thx Buds!
CNDGrow420

My first hydroponics grow
My first hydroponics grow 2
My first hydroponics grow 3
My first hydroponics grow 4
My first hydroponics grow 5
CNDGrow420

CNDGrow420

I am also trying to figure out why they are so small , usually my plants in normal soil make it to 3/4 feet these are stuck at 1 foot to 1 1/2 foot

Skybound

Skybound

Lower your EC. Elevated EC causes less calcium to be taken up which gives you tip burns. I used to use GH, for many years but have switched to mixing my own nutes from salts to have much better control of individual elements, plus it's MUCH cheaper. The secret to my success is having learned how to use Hydro Buddy (a free Windows/Linux app). If interested in learning how to use it, I can link you to my tutorial about that on 420, but essentially, you can use it with your GH to better understand what you're feeding at every given stage of the GH feed chart, plus make informed dose adjustments to get more intentional elemental accuracy. There a lot of additional related content that I am always updating and pushing the envelope of what is possible, but I am in pursuit of discovering THEE PERFECT hydroponic nutrient regimen, such that I achieve higher brix levels than any other hydroponics grower ever in the process.

Aside from lowering EC, you plants look beautiful. IDK what you mean by too short? They look just fine. Perhaps the pots are a bit too large and the roots aren't able to dry the media fast enough which then results in slower root growth (slower plant growth), but that will soon change, I predict in a few days that growth vigor will ramp up once the roots can dry the media some. I grow in rockwool and I try to get my plants rootbound which forces the roots to back build into the media which results in them being able to dry out the whole root zone much faster. The longer you can juggle/maintain that wet/dry balance, the faster growth you'll see.

CNDGrow420

CNDGrow420

Sounds good thank you for the useful information! I just think they seem a bit small is all but I’m being patient , pot size and roots make sense so we will see in time , as for the nutes I just prefer to buy them and now I got these so until they are gone / old I’m gonna be using them. I did lower the EC and it seems to help so farm

Latest posts

Top Bottom