My First Indoor Grow-i Need All The Help I Can Get :)

• Thread starter giannid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

giannid

So this is my first indoor grow. I've grown a little bit outside but not much so I'm learning.

For the plants, I've got two power plants female, one auto sour diesel, two female critical mass, two skunk, and one white widow. Trying to get two more started but having problem with my seeds. I'm in 3 gallon fabric pots, with a mixture of 33% each of happy frog, manure/compost and perlite. The plants are about 2 weeks old.

My grow room is a rather odd setup but seems to be working fine. It's winter hear in Michigan so it's cold out. The room is in a heated building that is only set for 44 degrees F. My room is a little smaller than 4 by 4 and build from foil coated insulation board. I have a baseboard heater that keeps the room at a minimum of 62 degrees. I also have supplemental heat from a duct I tied into the furnace but it doesn't blow very hard. It does push some fresh air into the box which I think is good. The box is virtually sealed other than the hole cut for the cords and regular leaks. I have a 6 inch fan with a carbon filter that turns on at 80 degrees to keep it from getting too hot. Using a sun system lec 315 with a 3100 bulb that's set for 18 hours on, 6 off for know. They are about 14 inches off the plants.

All seems to be going good for know. I'm giving the plants about a quart of water twice a week. Don't plan on using any nutes until first week of flower and I'll be using mega crop and might add there pk booster after a few weeks of flower. So far I've been using distilled and spring water but am going to have to shift to well water or melted snow as I don't want to keep buying water when I need over 10 gallons of water a week. Got some PH drops but I'm probably not going to test ph unless I start having problems.

My plan is to get 4 or 5 weeks of veg than switch to flower. My plants have to be done by mid April in this area. The autoflower was just thrown into the mix as I got the seed for free. I know it's not going to thrive with the photo light schedule but I figured I'd try it. The Autoflower almost looks like it's starting to flower a bit. I'll have to keep an eye on it as I don't know the sex of it. Also, the WW and skunk are not feminized either. I'm thinking of doing a scrog with this grow since the area is so small. I don't know anything about pruning or a scrog so I'll have to do some research.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated. :)
My first indoor grow i need all the help i can get
My first indoor grow i need all the help i can get 2

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

So this is my first indoor grow. I've grown a little bit outside but not much so I'm learning.

For the plants, I've got two power plants female, one auto sour diesel, two female critical mass, two skunk, and one white widow. Trying to get two more started but having problem with my seeds. I'm in 3 gallon fabric pots, with a mixture of 33% each of happy frog, manure/compost and perlite. The plants are about 2 weeks old.

My grow room is a rather odd setup but seems to be working fine. It's winter hear in Michigan so it's cold out. The room is in a heated building that is only set for 44 degrees F. My room is a little smaller than 4 by 4 and build from foil coated insulation board. I have a baseboard heater that keeps the room at a minimum of 62 degrees. I also have supplemental heat from a duct I tied into the furnace but it doesn't blow very hard. It does push some fresh air into the box which I think is good. The box is virtually sealed other than the hole cut for the cords and regular leaks. I have a 6 inch fan with a carbon filter that turns on at 80 degrees to keep it from getting too hot. Using a sun system lec 315 with a 3100 bulb that's set for 18 hours on, 6 off for know. They are about 14 inches off the plants.

All seems to be going good for know. I'm giving the plants about a quart of water twice a week. Don't plan on using any nutes until first week of flower and I'll be using mega crop and might add there pk booster after a few weeks of flower. So far I've been using distilled and spring water but am going to have to shift to well water or melted snow as I don't want to keep buying water when I need over 10 gallons of water a week. Got some PH drops but I'm probably not going to test ph unless I start having problems.

My plan is to get 4 or 5 weeks of veg than switch to flower. My plants have to be done by mid April in this area. The autoflower was just thrown into the mix as I got the seed for free. I know it's not going to thrive with the photo light schedule but I figured I'd try it. The Autoflower almost looks like it's starting to flower a bit. I'll have to keep an eye on it as I don't know the sex of it. Also, the WW and skunk are not feminized either. I'm thinking of doing a scrog with this grow since the area is so small. I don't know anything about pruning or a scrog so I'll have to do some research.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated. :) View attachment 850856 View attachment 850857
Looks like your doing pretty good bubba! I haven’t tried soil but looks like your getting hang of it. I’m kinda scared to try soil :)

Growster240

Growster240

Looks nice!
How are you going to handle the snow melting? Filling a big bucket/tray and bringing inside? Nice way of solving the problem, lol.

Happy growing!

Nugg

Nugg

Another Michigan grower.lol..yep it's cold out...just my opinion but if you veg.that long you will run out of room fast with that many plants..I get 4 plants in a 6×6 veg for 45 days... there's no way I could put another plant in there, with out having small plants..it will be a jungle..gl..Clare area.

G

giannid

I just throw a bunch of snow in a 55 gallon barrel and let it melt. It's amazing how little water you get out of snow though.

G

giannid

Another Michigan grower.lol..yep it's cold out...just my opinion but if you veg.that long you will run out of room fast with that many plants..I get 4 plants in a 6×6 veg for 45 days... there's no way I could put another plant in there, with out having small plants..it will be a jungle..gl..Clare area.

You think 4 or 5 weeks of veg is too long? I always thought that was the minimum. I figured the scrog would help keep the plants low and help me out a bit. I'd be happy with 4 or 5 plants out of this grow. Just started more to see how things well and I do have some males in the bunch. If I got more females than I can hndle in this room, I may have a friend that will take them.

Growster240

Growster240

I just throw a bunch of snow in a 55 gallon barrel and let it melt. It's amazing how little water you get out of snow though.
Yeah, I can imagine the water volume ends up being like 1/10th of the snow.
Does it change the indoor temperature, bringing in a cooler of that size?

G

giannid

Well I did some super cropping last week and some LST. This week is my final week of veg and will flip them on 11/26. Plants are looking a little rough in the picture as I was working on them in the 45 degree shop. Seems lie the 3 gallon pots only take about a quart of water before it starts coming out of the bottom of the pot and I'm watering twice a week. Yesterday was the first time I added any nutes to the water. Started out with one teaspoon of megacrop in 4 gallons of water. Ph was a little low at 5 so I added some PH up to bring the water to 6. Haven't Ph'ed any of the water I've been watering with as it's all been melted snow or spring water.

My sour diesel autoflower is flowering pretty good. It's not feminized but definitely looks like a girl with the white hairs. Pics Included.
IMG 0322
IMG 0323
IMG 0324

Dan789

Dan789

Am I adding correctly that this bloom started on 11/26, or 4 1/2 months?

G

giannid

No. I started the seeds at the end of December. I vegged just over a month and been flowering for just over 2 months.

Top Bottom