My First Journal: GG#4 in DWC & Soil Under Mars-Hydro SP-250 & TS-3000

• Thread starter BubbleBucketz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BubbleBucketz

BubbleBucketz

Hi there everyone. I figured it was time I start a journal to document some of my grows. Normally, I grow in soil but I wanted to try my hand at other styles of growing. As the title says....this is my first journal. My plans for this grow are to do a side by side using DWC and Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil. I don't plan on making it comparative as we all know DWC will do much better. With that being said, let's get into the grow info.

Strain - Gorilla Glue #4 Feminized (GG4) is a greasy, sticky favorite among medical cannabis patients. Its high levels of THC, which have been measured above 26%, and its high resistant to diseases makes Gorilla Glue #4 a favorite among users around the globe. This award winning strain is easy to grow, has a very high THC and is excellent medicine for pain, stress, gastrointestinal issues, AIDS, and ADD. Also good for PTSD. Flowering time: 60-65 days. Info from New420GuySeeds

Tents - 2x4 for veg and 3x3 for flowering.

Lights - Mars-Hydro SP-250 in the 2x4 and Mars-Hydro TS-3000 in the 3x3. Veg time 20-4 & Flowering Time 12-12

Nutrients - Fox Farm Trio ( Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom )

BubbleBucketz

BubbleBucketz

I use this chart I found when I was researching the DWC. Helps me understand what is going on with the plant. Very useful.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi there everyone. I figured it was time I start a journal to document some of my grows. Normally, I grow in soil but I wanted to try my hand at other styles of growing. As the title says....this is my first journal. My plans for this grow are to do a side by side using DWC and Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil. I don't plan on making it comparative as we all know DWC will do much better. With that being said, let's get into the grow info.

Strain - Gorilla Glue #4 Feminized (GG4) is a greasy, sticky favorite among medical cannabis patients. Its high levels of THC, which have been measured above 26%, and its high resistant to diseases makes Gorilla Glue #4 a favorite among users around the globe. This award winning strain is easy to grow, has a very high THC and is excellent medicine for pain, stress, gastrointestinal issues, AIDS, and ADD. Also good for PTSD. Flowering time: 60-65 days. Info from New420GuySeeds

Tents - 2x4 for veg and 3x3 for flowering.

Lights - in the 2x4 and Mars-Hydro TS-3000 in the 3x3. Veg time 20-4 & Flowering Time 12-12

Nutrients - Fox Farm Trio ( Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom )
Welcome to the farm and thanks for your trust to Mars Hydro. Nice setup, for veg, TS3000 for flower, looking forward to more pictures and your complete journal, happy growing!

BubbleBucketz

BubbleBucketz

Opened up the DWC plant yesterday. Res change today and bumping the nutes to around 1100PPM. The soil GG#4 will be getting tied down today as well.

92342891 422252538649716 3903343248713711616 n
MrMackey

MrMackey

Super thick stems and lush green your certainly doing something right man excited for this one, I grow gg4 myself and find it hard work compared to other strains so mayb I’ll learn a thing or 2 here 👌🏻

Terpz719

Terpz719

All of them are looking good. I'm in. Want to try DWC myself at some point. Good luck! I'm curious to see how the 1100 ppm goes. I had read that coco with fertigation and DWC don't require as high of an EC especially if you aren't running CO2. I have no experience with DWC, as I said, just throwing it out there - not wanting you to have a problem.

BubbleBucketz

BubbleBucketz

All of them are looking good. I'm in. Want to try DWC myself at some point. Good luck! I'm curious to see how the 1100 ppm goes. I had read that coco with fertigation and DWC don't require as high of an EC especially if you aren't running CO2. I have no experience with DWC, as I said, just throwing it out there - not wanting you to have a problem.
I am basically following the feed schedule right to the T. Now that i am growing DWC, I dont think I'll ever go back to soil ever again. i don't follow the EC measures though. Just PH and PPM as it's easier for me to read. I am actually in the process pf building a 4 site DWC system to run from now on.

BubbleBucketz

BubbleBucketz

DWC GG#4 has bounced back just nicely from her LST. I have a res change coming up in a day or two. I plan on cleaning her lowest stems up and getting ready to flip her this weekend. The soil plants will get another week.

92466022 2737923629822158 3509768474526220288 n
92356239 220084452539852 4729504255621201920 n
BubbleBucketz

BubbleBucketz

I did swap out my air pump recently. I did have a one line cheap unit that came with the system. Now I have a 4 line Vivosun pump that I can't even turn to 25% power. I threw together a quick bubble cloner too.

BubbleBucketz

BubbleBucketz

Super thick stems and lush green your certainly doing something right man excited for this one, I grow gg4 myself and find it hard work compared to other strains so mayb I’ll learn a thing or 2 here 👌🏻
I have about 20 other strains going right now. GG#4 so far has been one of my favorites. Her stems are super thick and she grows aggressively. If you ever got a questions....fire away.

Terpz719

Terpz719

I am basically following the feed schedule right to the T. Now that i am growing DWC, I dont think I'll ever go back to soil ever again. i don't follow the EC measures though. Just PH and PPM as it's easier for me to read. I am actually in the process pf building a 4 site DWC system to run from now on.
I love the idea of living soil, but have found it really difficult to execute - just the opposite of what it's supposed to be. I love the growth with coco and I think DWC will be even better. Good luck!

BubbleBucketz

BubbleBucketz

I love the idea of living soil, but have found it really difficult to execute - just the opposite of what it's supposed to be. I love the growth with coco and I think DWC will be even better. Good luck!
Thank you. They say coco is the best of both worlds. ( soil & hydro ) it was so weird going from soil only to DWC. I have found that I need to monitor the plant a little more then usual but it's my first time. The growth in DWC is unreal. The DWC plant didnt sprout until almost 2 days after all the other ones and you can see it clearly passed them in size.

Top Bottom