My first time germinating ever

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

I decided to soak the jiffy pellets for 20 mins, then I squeezed out until field capacity, which now that I am thinking about it 24 hrs later, maybe they need more moisture to germ? Can anybody tell me if I should spray them a bit ? And should I keep the dome on?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I don't use a dome for seedlings, but they do need a sufficient amount of water to break the seed shell. You will need to use your own judgement here, as you are the only one that knows exactly how much moisture are in the pellets.

2Bad

2Bad

I don't use a dome for seedlings, but they do need a sufficient amount of water to break the seed shell. You will need to use your own judgement here, as you are the only one that knows exactly how much moisture are in the pelle
I don't use a dome for seedlings, but they do need a sufficient amount of water to break the seed shell. You will need to use your own judgement here, as you are the only one that knows exactly how much moisture are in the pellets.
Alrighty , thanks mane, I just don’t know next time I might have to just germ in a cup of water then do the pellets . I’m just so scared to do anything I know I’m gonna fuck something up

2Bad

2Bad

I just use the paper towel method, easiest way I found, but alot of ways to skin a cat.

Best thing to do is get good at one way so you can increase the chances of success.
I wish I ordered worse genetics I bought decent ones and it’s making me hella nervous 😂 oh well 🤷‍♂️Guess im paying for a learning experience, can’t grow good weed without failing a shitload of times, from what I hear

william76

william76

Ur more likely to mess them up fiddling with them,dont let the cubes dry out,but not soaking either,use the dome till they pop up then remove it.it maybe 48hr/72hrs till u see anything so I'd wait a day or 2 more b4 worrying.good luck,76

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

They should pop in 3 to 4 days tops. Any later and the germination success rate falls off a cliff. Also moving forward your best order of operations is this... Soak in a little cup of water first overnight (roughly 12 hours) then put inside a moist paper-towel in a ziplock bag. Set the ziplock in a warm place (aka on top of a refrigerator or aquarium) and gently check on it once a day. As soon as you get a big strong tap roots pushing out then you carefully move it out of the ziplock and put it root side facing down in your jiffy pellet.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Unless you going hydro I still can’t understand why folks go through all these steps to pop a bean. Seed starter mix in a solo cup and drop a seed in it. Keep it good and moist in a warm dark place. 2 or 3 days later you’ll have your sprouted seedling.

2Bad

2Bad

Thank you guys I love the feedback , and I really appreciate it. I’m starting to let go , and relax, if I fail it’s all a learning experience 🤞🤞

euphoria526

euphoria526

I just use the paper towel method, easiest way I found, but alot of ways to skin a cat.

Best thing to do is get good at one way so you can increase the chances of success.
Same here

Moist paper towel —> paper towel goes into ziplock until taproot shows—> plant into my medium (ziplock over bag until I see green)—> red solo cup till 3-5 nodes depending—> final 3gal cloth pot.

Works %100 of the time unless it’s user error

2Bad

2Bad

Kind of think I’m under watering possibly I only make it look moist on top then I stop spraying, should I go home in 6 hrs and give them a good spray? Should there be a little water on top like a puddle, cus imagining raining it’s probably like that in the outdoors right. Right now is 30hrs in.

2Bad

2Bad

I got you , after work best way to explain tho is there’s lots of droplets on the sides of the walls and the same moisture is in the jiffy

euphoria526

euphoria526

Yeah man for the paper towel, method, what I do, I completely soak the paper towel and squeeze it out to the moisture level I want. Too much? No biggie and squeeze more out, too little? No biggie just add more. Then I put the seeds in after that, then put the moist folded and seeded paper towel, into a ziplock for 1-3 days till I get half an inch or longer taproot

2Bad

2Bad

my babies are popping at just 72 hours. all 6 of them. I missed joy like this. when would you guys start giving nutes and is there a coco nutrient schedule someone can recommend.

euphoria526

euphoria526

my babies are popping at just 72 hours. all 6 of them. I missed joy like this. when would you guys start giving nutes and is there a coco nutrient schedule someone can recommend.
I waited till the first or second set of serrated leaves. Then fed about half my nutrients with a spray bottle and kept the top of my coco moist till it started growing faster, then that’s when I started feeding till runoff every other day, till it started showing growth again then maybe twice a day depending on how dry they get. This was all done in a red solo cup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom