My First

• Thread starter Herman420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Herman420

Herman420

This was some seeded buds from, dude. It was ok weed, but I figured because his stuff is always medical grade killer, them because it had seeds lowered the THC. I think he said it was Purple Grandaddy. I decided I needed another hobby and keep the wife and I self sufficient....with Christmas gifts. I have a farming history, so I know about plant life, cycles, and nutrition. I ordered me a light and another one. This is an exact 4 week old plant out of 8 that seem to react to the fertilizer and transplant like I had dipped them in steroids 5 days ago. Is this good?
My first

Bogus_Monkey

Bogus_Monkey

Very good at this point in my opinion. Be aware of pests early on before you get into something like I am in now. Study, spy and troll on everybody. Take notes. Get a digital timer. Good luck it's a hell of a hobby.

jmand

jmand

wow thats so bushy all width and no height what lights you using? it does seem a bit odd its so low.. is it a blue/daylight light? interesting shape there, it might just be a freak as in random.. all the sproutlings dont look like that eh?

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
I'm in the middle of a grow with three Granddaddy Purples and they were all pretty dense compared to the other strains I'm growing. I even had one GDP that was as dense as yours in that photo, and the first several nodes were only centimeters apart. Her name is Peggy and she's still a runt. I have her sitting on three pot risers to get her to the same height as her sisters.

Maybe its a GDP thing within some lines?

jmand

jmand

I'm in the middle of a grow with three Granddaddy Purples and they were all pretty dense compared to the other strains I'm growing. I even had one GDP that was as dense as yours in that photo, and the first several nodes were only centimeters apart. Her name is Peggy and she's still a runt. I have her sitting on three pot risers to get her to the same height as her sisters.

Maybe its a GDP thing within some lines?
sounds like it

Herman420

Herman420

wow thats so bushy all width and no height what lights you using? it does seem a bit odd its so low.. is it a blue/daylight light? interesting shape there, it might just be a freak as in random.. all the sproutlings dont look like that eh?
I super cropped this one and another one. They fully healed and had a big knuckle in less than 48 hours. All of them are extremely bushy like this one. There's a couple that are slightly leaner with the nodes further apart. My thinking was that the grower pollinated it purposely because of its strain and growth. Surely a grower of high quality cannabis wouldn't allow an accidental pollination? We'll see...

jmand

jmand

If you crop them very young they will be short and bushy yeah.. not sure what you mean about the grower and pollination.. aint got anything to ddo with it being short...

Herman420

Herman420

If you crop them very young they will be short and bushy yeah.. not sure what you mean about the grower and pollination.. aint got anything to ddo with it being short...
I was referring from the seed origin. My suppliers weed never has seeds in it till these. It must be a good strain or the grower would not have allowed the fems to get pollinated. Does that explain it better for you?

Herman420

Herman420

I was referring from the seed origin. My suppliers weed never has seeds in it till these. It must be a good strain or the grower would not have allowed the fems to get pollinated. Does that explain it better for you?
You see I don't really know what strain it is. My, dude said it was GDP weed, but he doesn't really know to a certainty.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

These are green crack that started from seed, pretty psyched with node stacking. I'm under 2x Mars Hydro TSL 2000. It's my first grow so I don't know how much is genetics and how much is nailing the ppfd but they are so close and swollen after topping they look like ginger fists at the bottom 😂 This is on day 39 from seed.

E46D484F CF3D 4C06 815E 18669C8C9290
A27BCB1B 3B55 4809 B8DE 47736406B411
D660F323 9C79 4CBA 9FE2 8A268D5B50DE
170856DA 67B8 497C 824F F29136B08484
Herman420

Herman420

I'm using a couple of cheapos for germinating, seedlings, and future cloning. They're perfect. I added a Viparspectra P2500 with another one arriving today. I have 3xAK47, 4xBubble Gum, and 3xWhite Widow coming out of a 10 day seedling stage today. My walk-in closet has never looked better!

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

My big girl back left is still racing ahead and as I lost one of her two top shoots to clumsy training I decided to second top the other top shoot. Feel like she's using the nutes that would've gone to the snapped shoot and just racing. I decided to try a FIM for the first time. Just after 4th node on the shoot. The secondary shoots seem to have responded to the topping (48 hrs ago), and I think I'm going to get a couple shoots out of the FIM?

B74A763F 6F3A 40D3 87CE 03436956808A
4A850944 F44C 4E98 A434 AF4C51EAF8E8
85DA17AD AB08 444A AA87 7AD3AA5F3C63
Herman420

Herman420

My big girl back left is still racing ahead and as I lost one of her two top shoots to clumsy training I decided to second top the other top shoot. Feel like she's using the nutes that would've gone to the snapped shoot and just racing. I decided to try a FIM for the first time. Just after 4th node on the shoot. The secondary shoots seem to have responded to the topping (48 hrs ago), and I think I'm going to get a couple shoots out of the FIM?
Does this look like correct FIM cut? I just read about this technic. Thanks. Yours look great. I thought I'd try it on one of the leaner ones.

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Does this look like correct FIM cut? I just read about this technic. Thanks. Yours look great. I thought I'd try it on one of the leaner ones.
Thanks mate. I can't see that picture for some reason? To be honest it's my first grow so it's all new for me. I was told too try to leave 10% of the shoot material, and try to cut it like a small bowl so the shoots around the edges can come back. But right now if mine works it's probably blind luck haha

Herman420

Herman420

PXL 20210828 054645736MP

Thanks mate. I can't see that picture for some reason? To be honest it's my first grow so it's all new for me. I was told too try to leave 10% of the shoot material, and try to cut it like a small bowl so the shoots around the edges can come back. But right now if mine works it's probably blind luck haha
What difference a week...WTF

Top Bottom