My girls are showing pistils why?

• Thread starter TheIrieOne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheIrieOne

TheIrieOne

I have three girls right now just vegging and they're all showing white pistils and I'm not sure as to why. It's under 16 hours of light and I didn't think that would flower it.. There is some light leaking in while the lights are off wondering if that could cause 'em to go queer. I'm using a 400w light in a 2X3X5'5 and temps stay are 75. Any suggestions would be helpful. Should I increase the light say 18 hours?

Irie

R

Rolln J

how long you been vegging them?

I have always vegged for 18 hours without issue - well at least you know they are girls, I say turn them to 18 till your ready to flip...

TheIrieOne

TheIrieOne

how long you been vegging them?

I have always vegged for 18 hours without issue - well at least you know they are girls, I say turn them to 18 till your ready to flip...

They were given to me as clones in red dixie cups I had them under a T5 2.2'' bulbs then I bought a hood a month after they were vegging.. these girls are meant to be my mothers. i'm just been vegging them for a week under the 400watt. Put them into 5 gallon pots with ocean forest I think as the soil. Waiting for this normal socal weather and increase in natural day light. Now they're getting pretty bushy as i've been FIMing 'em. It's just that the pistils are throwing me off.. i've just increased the light to 18 hours. Hopefully they won't go queer after the decrease in light. Thanks for the help guys.

R

Rolln J

nah you should be fine for moms just leave them at 18 now - plants vegging for a month will start to preflower as convex said...

R

Rolln J

its just what they do when they reach a certain age - its how lots of growers sex plants, by just waiting till they naturally show...

turning your lights to 12/12 forces them to show you and if you got clones then they should be female anyhow.

convex

convex

They were given to me as clones in red dixie cups I had them under a T5 2.2'' bulbs then I bought a hood a month after they were vegging.. these girls are meant to be my mothers. i'm just been vegging them for a week under the 400watt. Put them into 5 gallon pots with ocean forest I think as the soil. Waiting for this normal socal weather and increase in natural day light. Now they're getting pretty bushy as i've been FIMing 'em. It's just that the pistils are throwing me off.. i've just increased the light to 18 hours. Hopefully they won't go queer after the decrease in light. Thanks for the help guys.

Well you see, that's the problem right there - now if they were blue dixie cups ....

Sorry for playing - a buzzed thought popped into my head and I just had to share it LOL

They should be just fine ;)

L

Lost

Well you see, that's the problem right there - now if they were blue dixie cups ....

Sorry for playing - a buzzed thought popped into my head and I just had to share it LOL

Clear cups FTW!!!!

:weed-sign:

:hunter:

TheIrieOne

TheIrieOne

well good looking.. thanks for the knowledge.. my brain soaked it up well.. and as for the bullshitting it makes it all the more fun.

TheIrieOne

TheIrieOne

The Third one is smaller than these two.. and also there was a lil weasel thripe running around for a few days till I spotted him on a water leaf...Let's just say you wont be hearing from him anymore.

P1050398
P1050399
TheIrieOne

TheIrieOne

uhh afatsoweezer.. what the hell link is this? It's just funny to open up a link to a site that's all pink and has the title it does..and thanks convex... I didn't know they preflower like that.. is that just particular to indoor because I did a large outdoor op and didn't see that..

A

afatsoweezer

sorry bro, couldn't resist helping you with your "queers".

C

chief greenleaf

Irie One I recently had a clone start ta shoot pistils everywhere under 24 hours of light. I feel ya man, its really strange! You might just be experiencing preflowers but this thing actually started to straight flower under 24 hours of light! Im talkin pistils plus the single and 3 blade leaves and stretching. The strain is almost 100% Sativa too so no autoflowering ruderalis crap goin on either. I been growing for a long time and had never seen this before, a buddy of mine told me it might of been getting shaded by another plant or something but that just doesnt seem right.

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

I have some ICE from nirvana and when I clone them 2/3 of ther clones turn to a tiny nugget or just die......And one of the three girls just stopped growing at about 7ft tall and then budded starting in the shaded areas under 24hrs of light so I am curious about this too my friend as I took one clone that survived and it started throwing out the pistils so i foilar sprayed the bejuses out of it with superthrive at 4x and I am seeing some growth now and hoping i nailed it so I can continue using this lovely lady that produces the largest most trich covered nugs to ever devolope in my garden... Just a thought if you wanted to extend the veg of something or to regenerate a harvested plant add a good bit of superthrive for a shot of tricantanol.

C

CAPO

The Third one is smaller than these two.. and also there was a lil weasel thripe running around for a few days till I spotted him on a water leaf...Let's just say you wont be hearing from him anymore.

Irie...if that was in fact a thrip and not a gnat...you need treat for them. Thrips are like lice for plants.

Top Bottom