My heart's in the Highlands

• Thread starter Bema
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bema

Bema

Hi,

Firstly I'd like to thank you for a fantastic resource. It's been useful while I setup my growroom, selection of seed and lights. Like most things I've not done before it's a pretty steep learning curve and as always, I've little or no budget. The lights, are fluorescent T5 that have been pulled out of a dumpster after new LEDs were installed (I did ask). I've modified the 2' ceiling lights to accept 12x18w tubes, rather than just 4 and I can lower and raise them using a redneck* pulley system.
(Redneck, Heath Robinson, 'n boer maak 'n plan, are all ingenious inventive methods of doing something when you have limited resources and is by no means derogatory)

Based on my wife's condition and symptoms, I've selected autoflowering Amnesia Haze, Northern Lights and Blueberry from ILGM and regular Jack Herer and Afghan from MSNL. They both provided excellent service.

The autoflowering plants are two weeks old, in soil, some in air pots, under fluorescent lights (18/6) and seem happy.
I have some concerns about my T5 fluorescent lighting for flowering but, I'll ask about that later in the right forum.

Attached is a clicked together video of the growroom with the lights lifted out the way and the final clip of the lights lowered into place.

Thank you again

The title I borrowed from Rabbie Burns's poem:
My Heart's In The Highlands

My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here,
My heart's in the Highlands, a-chasing the deer;
Chasing the wild-deer, and following the roe,
My heart's in the Highlands, wherever I go.

Farewell to the Highlands, farewell to the North,
The birth-place of Valour, the country of Worth ;
Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love.

Farewell to the mountains, high-cover'd with snow,
Farewell to the straths and green vallies below;
Farewell to the forests and wild-hanging woods,
Farewell to the torrents and loud-pouring floods.

My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here,
My heart's in the Highlands, a-chasing the deer;
Chasing the wild-deer, and following the roe,
My heart's in the Highlands, wherever I go.

WankirA

WankirA

Welcome to the fold.
Am sure you'll get all the advice you need about any and all manner of stuff. But dont leave talking about your lights too long.
Many of us started on a budget so appreciate where you're coming from.
If you can find a couple 'full spectrum leds' which draw 250/300 actual watts (not the nonsense most say their lights are!) from the wall you should be good toncover all your girls. They wont be the best, but thy will get what you have seeded, grown and prolly for about £$150.
Cheaper again and lots would say better, is HID prolly half the price, but will have to include heat management and bulb replacements evey couple of grows: not to mention higher electricity costs relating to their running.
I kept an eye on local sales boards etc, picked up one led from gumtree for 70 and also picked up another cheap one from aliexpress for same price. Both got my girls to finish line (well, two weeks to got!) with no issues.
Lots of for and against for any light types, so start your research and count the pennies to get the best option for you.
Good luck with the medicine fella.

and adding your reasoning for growing

Latest posts

Top Bottom