My inline fan died, am I screwed?

• Thread starter Trevorski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trevorski

Trevorski

I have been lurking these forums and getting info regarding my first grow, which I am currently in the middle of. I am hoping you guys can help me with my current dilemma.

I am growing 2 plants in a 2x4 tent and they have been coming along quite nicely. I am entering week 7 of flowering but my inline fan died last night (I am in Canada and unfortunately, today is a holiday). The humidity has spiked to 90% already and it is very warm in the tent as well. I do have a small dehumidifier in there, but it clearly cannot keep up with the moisture load without the help of the exhaust fan.

I have ordered a new fan, but I won’t have it until sometime Wednesday (2 days from now), probably later in the day. Is my grow totally screwed? Is there something I can do to try to mitigate any damage caused by the high heat and humidity? Should I turn off the light for tomorrow to help alleviate some of the heat, or would that cause more harm than good?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Trevorski

Trevorski

That’s great to hear! The wife isn’t going to be too happy with the smell, but I am sure I’ll survive that issue.

Thank you for such a quick reply, @Ponky !

Trevorski

Trevorski

+1 big fan and open the window to keep humidity down.
Unfortunately, it is set up in my basement mech room, so there is only one small window (that the inline fan usually vents through), but I do have a strong dehumidifier in there and central air, so hopefully those two can keep it in check for 48 hours. Humidity in the tent has already dropped to 56% (and is at 45% in the room)

freezeland2

freezeland2

Unfortunately, it is set up in my basement mech room, so there is only one small window (that the inline fan usually vents through), but I do have a strong dehumidifier in there and central air, so hopefully those two can keep it in check for 48 hours. Humidity in the tent has already dropped to 56% (and is at 45% in the room)
What is the temp in the tent with that dehumidifier in it?

Ponky

Ponky

Then I would open the tent. And blow air in from the window.

Trevorski

Trevorski

What is the temp in the tent with that dehumidifier in it?
Sorry, I didn’t word that very concisely. The large dehumidifier is in the room, not the tent. The tent temp is now down to 77 fahrenheit. I do have a small dehumidifier in the tent, but without the inline fan running, it just can’t keep up.

Mugwort

Mugwort

I have been lurking these forums and getting info regarding my first grow, which I am currently in the middle of. I am hoping you guys can help me with my current dilemma.

I am growing 2 plants in a 2x4 tent and they have been coming along quite nicely. I am entering week 7 of flowering but my inline fan died last night (I am in Canada and unfortunately, today is a holiday). The humidity has spiked to 90% already and it is very warm in the tent as well. I do have a small dehumidifier in there, but it clearly cannot keep up with the moisture load without the help of the exhaust fan.

I have ordered a new fan, but I won’t have it until sometime Wednesday (2 days from now), probably later in the day. Is my grow totally screwed? Is there something I can do to try to mitigate any damage caused by the high heat and humidity? Should I turn off the light for tomorrow to help alleviate some of the heat, or would that cause more harm than good?

Thank you in advance for any help!
Yes...open up your tent eh?

Latest posts

Top Bottom