My Kush is Killing Me

• Thread starter BigWormLLC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigWormLLC

BigWormLLC

I'm growing some Purple Kush and Banana Kush. I've cloned them from my Mother plant. They do great at first and grow like a weed - then at about 30" to 40" they start dying on me. There are no fungus or fungus gnats, room temp is 83F and 40% humidity, using HPS lights that are 3-5ft away. One plant that died, I checked the root system and it looked fine. I've been feeding them fox farms and they are in Happy frog soil. I moved them to LED from the HPS (thinking the heat is doing this?). Today I "washed" 3 of them by soaking the plant in water in the sink to try and cleanse the system?
My kush is killing me
My kush is killing me 2
I'm stumped - any idea's?

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

This is just an observation from a newbie. The shape of the leaves in the first picture is similar to how they behave when over-watered. I don't know what over-watered roots look like, so can't comment on the 2nd picture.

Ponky

Ponky

They look abandoned.. more info. How much food. How much water. How often.

BigWormLLC

BigWormLLC

They look abandoned.. more info. How much food. How much water. How often.
They receive 1/2 the manufacturers recommendation from Fox Farms. They are watered when they feel light, usually about every 3rd day - I'm afraid that someone over watered them??????

Ponky

Ponky

They receive 1/2 the manufacturers recommendation from Fox Farms. They are watered when they feel light, usually about every 3rd day - I'm afraid that someone over watered them??????
Over watering is watering too frequently. Not the amount at the watering. Which should be sufficient to run out of the bottom of the pot. They look heat cooked. Or like they just stopped being watered. Are you flushing them out because someone else was caring for them and put too much of something in them? Does someone else care for the same plants?

Ponky

Ponky

It's just that this is what it looks like when someone else swears they were taking care of the plants. When in reality they came the day before you got back and quickly watered them with hose water. It has the classic "killed by lazy workers" look. Which is weird because you take care of it. It's pretty weird. Do you fertilize each time? Wait a couple weeks? And why do you go to 40" tall?

Jakecan

Jakecan

I too would like to know what temperatures your grow space is.

BigWormLLC

BigWormLLC

It's just that this is what it looks like when someone else swears they were taking care of the plants. When in reality they came the day before you got back and quickly watered them with hose water. It has the classic "killed by lazy workers" look. Which is weird because you take care of it. It's pretty weird. Do you fertilize each time? Wait a couple weeks? And why do you go to 40" tall?
Love the phrase "killed by lazy workers" - Which is most likely happened (I'll check the cameras to verify). We don't fertilize every watering, usually every other week. Why do I go 40' tall? I placed them under 12/12 lights at around 30" but I had one that still shot up another 10" within a week or so.

BigWormLLC

BigWormLLC

Over watering is watering too frequently. Not the amount at the watering. Which should be sufficient to run out of the bottom of the pot. They look heat cooked. Or like they just stopped being watered. Are you flushing them out because someone else was caring for them and put too much of something in them? Does someone else care for the same plants?
I'm really just trying to figure out the issue(s). I verified that it's not a gnat issue or fungus, I tried different lighting (thinking they were being burned by the HPS lights), I tried flushing them to make sure they weren't overfed. I have 3 that I "washed" and I'll not water them for the next 6-7 days and see if that fixes the issue? I'll water less over the next few weeks and see if that fixes it. I'm trying a little of everything and was curious on others opinions and experience.

growsince79

growsince79

I'm growing some Purple Kush and Banana Kush. I've cloned them from my Mother plant. They do great at first and grow like a weed - then at about 30" to 40" they start dying on me. There are no fungus or fungus gnats, room temp is 83F and 40% humidity, using HPS lights that are 3-5ft away. One plant that died, I checked the root system and it looked fine. I've been feeding them fox farms and they are in Happy frog soil. I moved them to LED from the HPS (thinking the heat is doing this?). Today I "washed" 3 of them by soaking the plant in water in the sink to try and cleanse the system? View attachment 1161351View attachment 1161352I'm stumped - any idea's?
N toxicity.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I'm really just trying to figure out the issue(s). I verified that it's not a gnat issue or fungus, I tried different lighting (thinking they were being burned by the HPS lights), I tried flushing them to make sure they weren't overfed. I have 3 that I "washed" and I'll not water them for the next 6-7 days and see if that fixes the issue? I'll water less over the next few weeks and see if that fixes it. I'm trying a little of everything and was curious on others opinions and experience.
If you're letting the pots get mostly dry between waterings you should be OK I think. Weird issue, hope you find a solution!

Latest posts

Top Bottom