My last grow i need comments/advise in order to improve

• Thread starter zavara2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
next grow pick out some photo period seeds and start your grow here, as we can help along the way..

B

BudgetGrower

Buy a lux meter, all plants need a good amount of light to grow high quality bud, a group picture would have helped but my guess is the nl was on one far side and the s.c was the other, the 2 centre plants grow taller than the side plants, blocking out some of the light they where getting, the par level was too low resulting in a very low crop for the 2 plants.
If the led had a good light spread, using the meter you could have swapped the 2 center plants over 3 weeks in flower, adjusted the height of the led so the side plants where getting the most light they could from the led, center 2 plants could be 6-12" shorter, but the led gives out more light directly below so it would all balance out.

Lux meter are cheap, could even use the app, the amont of lux is less important, anywhere between 30,000 and 60,000 should be OK, over 40,000 would give you better results

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

@zavara2 - Do you have questions?

Buy a lux meter
There's a free phone app that can help with light levels. Photone is the app I use.

Buy a light that's the correct size for the tent. It should have a dimmer to adjust the light intensity. Reading the plants is the best light meter.

When you begin your grow, start a grow diary in this forum.

^ That's some of my advice. I hope it helps.

B

BudgetGrower

There's a free phone app that can help with light levels. Photone is the app I use.

Buy a light that's the correct size for the tent. It should have a dimmer to adjust the light intensity. Reading the plants is the best light meter.

I did mention about a lightmeter app,
disagree about reading the plant, it's very hard to tell at week 4-5 if you have enough light for good thick bud growth, the plants could be happy with 400 umols in early/mid flower but it could use 800 umols, I can't tell with a plant grown from seed, by week 7-8 it's too late(when you realise the buds not packing the weight on).

gmolorin

gmolorin

I use Photone on my iPhone as well. I compared to an Apogee $699 meter and Photone was as accurate. It also has many different types of lights on its database, so very useful.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I use Photone on my iPhone as well. I compared to an Apogee $699 meter and Photone was as accurate. It also has many different types of lights on its database, so very useful.
I can't stress this out enough, make sure you calibrate photone against your lights ppfd chart to get accurate readings ;-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom