My leaves are yellowing

• Thread starter Doughboy5454
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Doughboy5454

So this is my first time growing and all has gone well, then all of a sudden i started getting some leaves that turn yellow and wither away at the tips...i looked around and think its a zinc deficiency but i have no clue...can anyone please help?

My leaves are yellowing
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So this is my first time growing and all has gone well, then all of a sudden i started getting some leaves that turn yellow and wither away at the tips...i looked around and think its a zinc deficiency but i have no clue...can anyone please help?
Pics of the plant please.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

These are my 2 plants that are having issues.
They are looking over watered. I would let them dry more between watering them. This will also present signs of deficiency. Pots should be very very light before they need watered

D

Doughboy5454

They are looking over watered. I would let them dry more between watering them. This will also present signs of deficiency. Pots should be very very light before they need watered
Ok cool....so instead of watering every day inshould probably do every other day

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What is the Media. I should probably ask that before i gave advice

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

3 gal but ima move them to 5 gal
I would stay in 3 gal. Prob twice a day would be good. In the morning and afternoon. Make sure you get 10-20% of what you point in coming from the bottom. You prob wanna put 3/4 of a litre through them and get about 75ml come out the bottom. If you get less than 75ml coming your you need to feed more often.

What are you feeding them?

D

Doughboy5454

I would stay in 3 gal. Prob twice a day would be good. In the morning and afternoon. Make sure you get 10-20% of what you point in coming from the bottom. You prob wanna put 3/4 of a litre through them and get about 75ml come out the bottom. If you get less than 75ml coming your you need to feed more often.

What are you feeding them?
I give them the general hydroponics flora series

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also catch and test the ppm and pH of runoff. It will give a good indication of what going on down there in the rootzone.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ehats ppm...i check my ph but idk what ppm is
Gonna wanna order a EC/ppm meter if ya can. Parts per million. Put simply will measure the concentration of nutrients in the water. Important for mixing nutrients and checking runoff for buildup or inadequate levels

Using 4ml per gal each?

D

Doughboy5454

Looks about right. Just need to feed 2-3 times a day.

This is prob the best coco info I have seen.

Soo basically feed 2 to 3 times say tomorrow, then saturday i flush it with plain water so i dont burn the plant?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Soo basically feed 2 to 3 times say tomorrow, then saturday i flush it with plain water so i dont burn the plant?
No need to flush... You just need to make sure you get 10-20% runoff everytime. That way it pushes the old out and the new keeps a stable balanced root zone. Give each plant 750ml. then atleast 75ml should come out the bottom preferably 150ml. If you dont get that much coming out the bottom you need to add a feeding to each day. Its not like soil if you feed often enough (properly) the PH,PPM and nutrient ratio will stay close to what your adding and never build up.

Top Bottom