my light blew out for possibly one 12 hour day cycle, should i be worried?

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
303 DUB

303 DUB

Has anyone had this happen to them or have any input on this topic? much appreciated !!

303 DUB

303 DUB

the light bulb just blew out an didn't come on for the day cycle for one day. i noticed it was blown out and replaced the bulb now everything is fine as far as equipment goes. my question was more geared at the fact that the light didn't come on for its twelve hour period. so in other words the dark period lasted 24 hours instead of 12 hours? what could be the effects of that and should i be worried about the effects of leaving plants in a period of no light for 24 hours in flush?

Max Frost

Max Frost

the light bulb just blew out an didn't come on for the day cycle for one day. i noticed it was blown out and replaced the bulb now everything is fine as far as equipment goes. my question was more geared at the fact that the light didn't come on for its twelve hour period. so in other words the dark period lasted 24 hours instead of 12 hours? what could be the effects of that and should i be worried about the effects of leaving plants in a period of no light for 24 hours in flush?

You should be fine and not notice any effects at all, IMO. Your plants do not measure the periods of light, they only "measure" the length of the dark periods. A longer dark period will tell the plant that the days are shortening and that it's coming to the end of it's life cycle. If longer dark periods are continued, it would cause the plant to begin to ripen faster. However, in your case the plants should not show any ill effects from the one extended dark cycle. Good luck with your grow!

Best,

Max :wacky:

ttystikk

ttystikk

1000w plant max

Did you rupture the envelope of the bulb, or did it stay inside the glass?

I run these bulbs all but exclusively, I like them. I popped one but it was my fault for pulling the ballast cord instead of power first! So don't do that! Lol

Max Frost

Max Frost

Did you rupture the envelope of the bulb, or did it stay inside the glass?

I run these bulbs all but exclusively, I like them. I popped one but it was my fault for pulling the ballast cord instead of power first! So don't do that! Lol

Important safety tip, ttystikk! Thanks!

reloader

reloader

I think the plants will be fine. One cycle should not have a large impact on them.
How old was the bulb? I have never used plant max because I read where one exploded in an open hood and ruined a grow. I think I read about another failure with them as well.
I have never had a bulb failure in years of growing, and I change about every 6 months. Bulbs are on a constant 12 /12. I use eye hortilux, & htg bulbs, also SunGod lights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom