My Living Coco Soil, Help! 🤯

• Thread starter Redneckx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Redneckx

Redneckx

Sup Farmers,
Made a big cleaning in my tent today, took my lady's out and brought them in shape.
They look good and smell even better, also sticky af.
The big one has a minty and citrus flavor while the other two smell a little like watermelon, touching the branches release a citrus kushy flavour mmmhh!
While watering, flooded them accidently...then checked the soil because I saw some white spots in the angle..
Holy moly please let me know that's a good fking sign, waaaay too much living in dat soil for my taste!!
Are those Spider mites and different worms species? Please help identify.
Used neem oil after seeing that.
My soil is 70% Coco Coir, 30% worm castings and clay pebbles in between and as drain.
Every support is wanted!
Day 30 and Day 14 (big plant) into Flower, all are day 70 from seed.
My living coco soil help
My living coco soil help 2

awesomeblossom

awesomeblossom

Sup Farmers,
Made a big cleaning in my tent today, took my lady's out and brought them in shape.
They look good and smell even better, also sticky af.
The big one has a minty and citrus flavor while the other two smell a little like watermelon, touching the branches release a citrus kushy flavour mmmhh!
While watering, flooded them accidently...then checked the soil because I saw some white spots in the angle..
Holy moly please let me know that's a good fking sign, waaaay too much living in dat soil for my taste!!
Are those Spider mites and different worms species? Please help identify.
Used neem oil after seeing that.
My soil is 70% Coco Coir, 30% worm castings and clay pebbles in between and as drain.
Every support is wanted!
Day 30 and Day 14 (big plant) into Flower, all are day 70 from seed.
View attachment 2085317View attachment 2085318
View attachment 2085320
Brudha u got a fungus nat larvae situation going on here I believe. Any flys in the there??

awesomeblossom

awesomeblossom

If not yet, they are coming...they transform from egg to lava to pups to a fucking fungus nat. Looks like u are in the second stage , larva.. if u can't kill them in the soil I'd say put some sticky fly traps up when the lil fuckers grow wings. But I'm thinking neem oil will do it. That's all I got for u man, I hope u finger it out...
Stay awesome...

Redneckx

Redneckx

Brudha u got a fungus nat larvae situation going on here I believe. Any flys in the there??
Fuck this, but maybe better than spider mites!? Not even 1 fly in there yet.
Shall I get those rockwool "lids" which are used in hydro or sth. to seal the pot? Dont want to use sand.
What would you recommend to do in this situation? Have to stop them grow out and fly around, but probably can't prevent it completely because of the holes in the air pots..
Thank you for identifying!!

awesomeblossom

awesomeblossom

Fuck this, but maybe better than spider mites!? Not even 1 fly in there yet.
Shall I get those rockwool "lids" which are used in hydro or sth. to seal the pot? Dont want to use sand.
What would you recommend to do in this situation? Have to stop them grow out and fly around, but probably can't prevent it completely because of the holes in the air pots..
Thank you for identifying!!
Well I would say to repot but in my opinion you may be to far along into flower and it could have a negative outcome for your plants. U got any hydrogen peroxide in med cab. U could try that, u have to mix it I believe it's to a 4 to 1 ratio of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide.

juanderer

juanderer

Question for those who know (as this is something I have been thinking about for when I have a situation like this): Will diatomaceous earth appliance to the soil's surface do anything to the larva when they emerge as gnats or is a neem oil solution spray a better option?

Edit: is h2o2 preferable over neem?

Redneckx

Redneckx

Well I would say to repot but in my opinion you may be to far along into flower and it could have a negative outcome for your plants. U got any hydrogen peroxide in med cab. U could try that, u have to mix it I believe it's to a 4 to 1 ratio of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide.
Yea repotting is not an option.
Nope I don't have hydrogen peroxide but if it's a good option to try, I will buy one tomorrow. 4 parts water 1 part 3% peroxide right?

Redneckx

Redneckx

Question for those who know (as this is something I have been thinking about for when I have a situation like this): Will diatomaceous earth appliance to the soil's surface do anything to the larva when they emerge as gnats or is a neem oil solution spray a better option?

Edit: is h2o2 preferable over neem?
What I can say is that neem oil is not aggressive enough for some kind of species. As prevention in sprays it's probably good.
Used it before flowering as drench and spray but as you can see, it doesn't worked out well.
Will h2o2 kill my worms and isn't that bad for my soil leaving dead worms inside which will decay?
Are all of the worms, rainworms and good? heared they set nitrogen free when pooping...

Redneckx

Redneckx

My best go-to when in flower is Lost Coast Plant Therapy. They endorse it's use in flower, even though under most circumstances it's best to avoid spraying after week 3. . .
Never heard of that this stuff before, would love to use it! I'd drench the soil with it. Will not spray anything during flower.
The shipping costs are 25bucks+ and it will take too long to arrive...my local grow stores can't help me out either, they are unbelievable bad equipped 😔

A

Aligoodtime

Never heard of that this stuff before, would love to use it! I'd drench the soil with it. Will not spray anything during flower.
The shipping costs are 25bucks+ and it will take too long to arrive...my local grow stores can't help me out either, they are unbelievable bad equipped 😔
I’m organic in doin ( my own mix ) and I use sulphur bombs 2 in a 5 day period every 3-4 weeks. I turn the top 3-5 in of soil gently then let the first bomb off ( make sure u leave the soil fluffy and not compact after turning ) then 3-4 days later repeat the step, turn soil let bomb off. This will also eradicate any spider mite if you happen to have any. It’s better if you do it just before lights off as you have to seal the room and then totally change the air and turn fans back on and in and out of a flowering photo tent at lights off would not be good lol. This is also the least stressful way I’ve found of getting rid of critters !it may not work for you but it’s my two cents lol. Hope you get it sorted.

Redneckx

Redneckx

I’m organic in doin ( my own mix ) and I use sulphur bombs 2 in a 5 day period every 3-4 weeks. I turn the top 3-5 in of soil gently then let the first bomb off ( make sure u leave the soil fluffy and not compact after turning ) then 3-4 days later repeat the step, turn soil let bomb off. This will also eradicate any spider mite if you happen to have any. It’s better if you do it just before lights off as you have to seal the room and then totally change the air and turn fans back on and in and out of a flowering photo tent at lights off would not be good lol. This is also the least stressful way I’ve found of getting rid of critters !it may not work for you but it’s my two cents lol. Hope you get it sorted.
Very interesting, thank you for the detailed approach!
Yea this probably won't work for me, if it stinks or is dangerous, my gf will chop my head off if I do this in there. The tent is unfortunately in our dressing Room (no other space to place the tent)

A

Aligoodtime

Very interesting, thank you for the detailed approach!
Yea this probably won't work for me, if it stinks or is dangerous, my gf will chop my head off if I do this in there. The tent is unfortunately in our dressing Room (no other space to place the tent)
You only need to leave it unopened for 30 -60 mins then totally exchange air. Not really much danger as such unless ur gonna climb in the tent and vip it up ! Not the high ( or death ,no oxygen) ur looking for lol. The fogger/bombs work well and dont harm or even stress very much at all ( a few flower tips went a little orange but that was it no Hermes or dead flower or excessive stress due to spraying chems )
Have a read about them and I hope u find a solution

Redneckx

Redneckx

Nice to know, thanks mate. My solution by now Is letting it completely dry out. 3 days without watering.
If they're a little droopy soon, than I will water with nutes and neem oil again and hopefully all gnats are dead and will stay away. So far so good, nothings fly's in there. Do I loose in yield doing this(bud performance drops)?

Last edited:
Redneckx

Redneckx

Update, after 4 days without watering.
They're still there but not as much as before, I guess ..but no flies visible.
Will order diatomaceous tomorrow.
What do you guys think is baking powder an option? Heard it should help.

Top Bottom