my new cloning investment

• Thread starter adam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

adam

hey guys i was looking into increasing my cloning rates.i saw this product http://www.parkseed.com/gardening/PD/6529/ which is very cheap IMO.the plugs are very cheap also http://www.parkseed.com/gardening/PD/6452/ and it seems to be very appealing.i have an order i plan on putting in a few days. so if any farmers have tried this please give me your feedback.i know its just a fancy styrofoam dome and tray but the plugs are super cheap and i think it can be useful.wanted to add with this code you get 10% off FABPARK.if i buy the dome plus 2 extra bags of plugs i get 4 full dome runs of 60 clones each run. did the math comes out to be just under $60 shipped with the code FABPARK.

J

joe.5

if they are anything like root riot plugs made by growth technology then they will be quite good and have visible roots in as little as 9 days providing conditions are optimal.. 11-14 days is quite normal..

another_sellout

another_sellout

If you want to increase your clone rates, the easiest way to do it would be to stop trying to save every penny, break down, and buy a proper cloner. I have a brilliant little 36 site Control Wizard cloner that I spent $150 on over three years ago. I've had nearly 100% success every time, with nothing but water and a few drops of Hormex. No pH adjustments, no bullshit. In less than a week, you lift the lid to three dozen fireworks of root explosion! You'll be cutting more plants than you can flower, and selling a few clones will recoup more than your costs. Trust technology on this one.

F

FastForward

If you want to go even cheaper, and as effective, use coco to fill the holes. I've done it with a similar propagator and it works great - instant plug plants :)

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
used that style of plug with great success for a good period of time. Couple of the obvious things to consider is you have to hand water basically the entire plants life in the tray or spend so more cash and automate. Other thing and the reason I changed to rockwool is those bags can be full of teny tiny little critters. Picked up a bag at the hydro store, dumped it out on the bench and way too many bugs went running out of it. Easy fix in hind sight would have been to nuke it for a few seconds but thought of that after I built my cloner. Buddy tried the nuke thing and he never has had a problem and still uses them.

jj

another_sellout

another_sellout

i clone real similar, when do you start airing out or hardening of the clones, mine clones are not sticking through there rappid rooter plugs but some of them are turning mushy around the base or esle discoloring to brown and yellow around the top leaves, should i leave my dome for longer or shorter, i opend the vents on it, and still am having issues also how wet do you want the plugs should they be soaking wet or just moist thanks

I run my aero cloner not just without a dome, but with a fan right on the cuttings! The trick is maintaining humidity in the cloning area, and providing oxygen to the roots. In the summer I run a swamp cooler on them. In the winter I run a regular humidifier behind an oscillating fan. Both keep my humidity around 65-70%, and that's at 7,000 feet! The mush is the stem damping off, literally drowning and succumbing to mold or algae, and the top leaves that have discoloured sound like they are being leached of nutrients. I want to say that your plugs are too wet and you're not getting enough oxygen to your nubs for them to make the transformation from exposed cambium to roots. Try throwing an air stone in underneath the tray that holds your plugs, and keeping the water level just above the bottom of your plugs. This is what my friends and I call a "shallow" water culture. The air stone imports all the oxygen your roots should need, and if you insist on keeping the dome on, even that small amount of air flow should maintain the proper humidity for you. Don't be afraid to adjust for pH, as well. Once you see roots established, transplant. Then, harden them off in their new homes.

Hope this helps!

A

adam

ok guys got this on 8/8.it came in discreet packaging and was easy to assemble.i took 36 clones that day using just clonex.as of yesterday all but 4 were rooted heavily. i think 2 wont make it for whatever reasons.so to sum it up it was a better investment that i expected. the plugs are much cheeper then normal plugs.

P

purpleblockhead

they work good but your going 2 have 2 water twice as much, dont miss a water they dry out fast

E

Eggman

Lots of ways to skin this cat. I broke down and bought a Groclone and I could not be more pleased with it. I had good results before but this machine just works better. Easier to get the desired results. Wouldn`t want to be without it now for sure.
Eggman

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

moms!!!!!heading for the do it yourself ez cloner replica!!!!!

since we are talking about clones!!!! here are a couple of moms just waiting for the scissors!!!!they were gifted to me by a really cool murda mf !!!!! when i chop these girls they are goin into a diy replica ez cloner!!! also cali connection's sfv og bx1 bud and bowl shot!!!hehe peace djxx

MOMZ
SANY0226

Latest posts

Top Bottom