My No-til Technique

• Thread starter Dutch420grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dutch420grow

My growing method explained. I have grown in hydro..switched to super soil and liked it better. Now days I run a organic No-Til setup. I use the Clackamas Coots soil recipe and buy my supplies from Build a Soil as they have all what I need, they will also help you with any questions you may have. I use their nutrient kits and mix my own soil. If while reading this you are unfamiliar with any supplement that is listed then visit Build a Soil website to look at said supplement.

The following is a list of mixes that I use that you need to be familiar with. ( Note any water used should be filtered/ro water..NO tap water)

Super water recipe:
Mix per (5) gallons of h20

(1) Tbs. kelp meal
(2) Tbs. alfala meal

bubble 24-36 hours then add

(2) tsp. BioAg Full Power
(2) tsp. aloe vera flakes
(2) tsp. AgSil 16
(2) tsp Coconut flakes
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sprouted Seed Teas or SST:

56 Grams Seed (2 Ounces)
Soak for 8 hours with Clean Water
Should now weigh minimum 84 Grams. Drain, rinse and drain and then Sprout. seeds in a jar until tail is as long as the seed or about 1-2 days.

Blend in a food blender or whatever. you have with a little but of water to help it blend. Add to 5 gallons of. Super Water, bubble for a hour and strain out the ground up seed matter.

These Sst are more about supplying enzymes to the soil instead of macro/micro nutrients. This seems to stump many first time No-Til gardeners that are usually use to bottled nutrients.

Corn/Barley/Alfalfa Super Sst: this is standard Sst made with the Super Water. If, for example, it is listed as corn/barley then it is a mixture of the two Sst. If only one seed is listed then it is a Sst made with that one particular seed.

Soil Inoculate Tea:

Per 5 gallons of water:

Brewed Ingredients (Long – brew 24. hours):
1/3 Cup of Organic Kelp Meal

Brewed Ingredients (Short – only add 2. hours before spraying tea (add 22 hours in):
Alfalfa SST (1/2 strength)

Non Brewed Ingredients:(Add once done brewing)

5 Ounces of EM-1 (Homemade LAB works perfect)
1/2 Ounce of. BioAg Full-Power
4 TSP of Modern Microbes
All of Modern Beginnings goes together in a 5 gallon container

Pest Management:

I use the Complete IPM kit and spray this once a week prior to lights out during vegetative state and first week of flowering. Keeping pests at bay is also accomplished with good house keeping. Make sure your garden area is kept clean. Make sure areas close to your grow room are clean and dusted good too as a dirty house will creep into the grow room. ( I go as far as keeping dust boots on my air intakes to make sure I get cleanest air I can ) Also don't bring any outside pests in...so if you do outside gardening please wash your hands, don't wear your boots in your grow room and change clothes. These simple things go a long way to a healthy indoor grow!!

Now my Grow schedule!!!!

Seedling or Cuttings:

Choose the bests organic seeds possible. Do NOT sprout them in a paper towel. Use rapid rooter plugs. Soak seeds overnight in Super water. Next day Soak rooter plugs in Super Water for at least a hour. Take out and give just a slight squeeze. Place seeds in rooter plugs and Place in humid dome tray in a warm place and under a t5 two bulb light. After few days when seeds sprout you can transplant them.
For seedlings transplant into a one gallon container. I use the Geo pots with velcro sides for easier transplanting later. Moisten this seedling mix just slightly. You want it to be slightly moist, verging on the dry side NOT soaked wet. When placing rooter plug into transplanting container be sure to sprinkle some BioAg - Vam Endo Myco Mix in the hole first, then the seedling. Place the seedling deep in the hole so that the leaves are just barely above the soil....you do this to help support the seedling since at this point the stem is usually long and weak.
No water for a couple days as rooter plug will still have enough water in it. After 2 days sprinkle myco on top of soil and water/spray with Soil Inoculant Tea which is helpful to boost the soil life. Keep soil moist every few days with Super water but don't soak it. Keep seedlings until they have two nodes and then follow following schedule.

Vegetative Phase: after two nodes have formed.
Week 1: Super Barley SST......2nd day skip.....third day plain water.......4th day skip...5th Super water mix. 6th day skip...7th water

After the first week I keep using my t-5 light but I also start using my 600/400 watt Solis Tek Mh light above it about 30" and have it set at 400 watts. I do this to slowly get the plants use to the HID lights. After a couple days the T5 is removed and only the HID is used.

Week 2: first watering...Barley/Corn Super Sst .......2nd day skip.......3r day water.....4th day skip........5th day Super Water.... 6th day skip......7th water

Week 3: first day...Barley Super Sst/..... 2nd day skip...... 3rd day water.......4th day skip........5th day Super Water sst .....6th day skip.......7th day plain water.

During week 3 my MH light is turned up to 600 watts.

Week 4: first watering Barley/Corn Super Sst.....2nd day skip.......3rd day water.......4th day skip.........5th Super Water....6th day skip....7th day water

Usually sometime between week 3 and 4 the plant will be well formed inside the one gallon container and be ready to be transplanted into the final 15/20 gallon Geo Pot (black with handles) The final containers will have previously been prepared with the Clackamas Coots mix....top dressed with Gro Kashi ( helps with Soil micro life ), a bit of Neem and Karanja Mixed 50/50 ( helps with pest control ) and some clover cover crop seed and straw mulch. I do this in order to give the cover crop time to sprout so when I transplant there is a hospitable environment in place. Once you transplant into this container you water with the Soil Inoculant Tea. ( Of course this pertains to fresh new containers. Once you have been running No-Til for awhile your containers will already have a full abundance of healthy soil life and you can skip the Soil Inoculant Tea if you wish)
Also during your grow the clover cover crop will get tall and require trimming. Simply cut it with scissors as if you are mowing grass. Take some( tiny bit at first) of this and slightly til into the top of soil...the rest feed to your worm farm( you are worm farming right??) Don't over til this into your soil. If you still notice previous cut clover in abundance then you may have to cut and feed all of it to your worm farm.

Week 5-8: repeat of week 4 schedule.

Flowering Phase:

Now I run a 1000 watt HID. Top dress with a Build a Soil Top Dress kit. Pay attention to the increased use of water at this point and make sure to do a good pest spray right before this point.

Week 1.....day 1..Alfalfa/Corn Super Sst....2nd day skip.....3rd day water.....4th day skip......5th day Super Water......6th day skip.....7th day water.

Week 2 -3 ....day 1 Corn Super Sst ...2nd day skip.....3rd day water.....4th day skip......5th day Super Water......6th day skip.....7th day water.

Week 4. Day 1 Barley/Corn super sst ......2nd day skip......3rd day water.......4th day skip...5th day Super Water...6th day skip...7th day plain water.

Weeks 5. Day 1 Corn super sst ......2nd day skip......3rd day water.......4th day skip...5th day Super Water...6th day skip...7th day plain water.

Usually after week 6 you can stop use of Super Sst and Super Water and use plain water unless you growing a 11 week or longer flowering plant. In this case use corn sst up to week 7 for a 12 week plant or up to week 9 in a 14 week plant

I'm sure someone is thinking this watering schedule may be too much....that it doesn't allow for a adequate dry out between waterings. In a living organic soil the practice of letting containers dry out between waterings is a no-no!! The living microbes and fungi in the Soil depend on adequate moisture levels. This is why I have the watering schedule I do. I supply multiple small waterings each week instead of the fabled heavy watering and let it dry out technique.

When plants are harvested I cut the stalk just below the soil...leaving the root ball in the pot. I do this instead of pulling root ball out so I don't disturb the micro life in the soil. The next day I transplant a well rooted cutting in a hole made close to the root ball. The microbes and fungi from the previous plant's roots will not due off as they now have a fresh plant's roots to occupy!! The old plant's roots will be broken down in the soil and help feed the soil and plant. I top dress the pot with Re Amending mix of nutrients and I'm good to go. You may also notice at this point( if you use fresh worm castings in your mixes) that you have worms in your pots. This is a sign that you have been blessed with abundance of good soil life. The worms will feed on old roots and chopped up cover crop that you have trimmed along the way...making fresh worm poo for your mini eco system!!

The biggest challenge in first using this set up is setting up your watering schedule. You have to prepare the Super Water and Super Sst before watering and it is in this sense that I say it presents a challenger. Once you know how long it takes to prepare a Sst or Super Water then it becomes second nature. Once you learn this it becomes really simple. No more ph issues...no more ppm worries....no more expensive bottled nutrients....just healthy plants and the best tasting buds you ever had!!!!

Top Bottom