My Noob Grow Pics: Is It Too Late To Top Them More?

• Thread starter saniksane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

saniksane

This is my first ever grow, using a 1000W HID metal halide lamp with a Blumats watering setup. You can see in the pics that I decided to top them, but I'm wishing I would have started topping them when they were smaller. Also, you can see that my third plant took forever to get started and is way behind. Would it be okay to top the larger plants even lower, and then further top the "new" main branches in an effort to
a) get them to start branching out at a lower level like I'm wishing I had done at the start, and;
b) delay their growth in an effort to allow the third plant to catch up

or does that just sound like a bad/dumb idea?

and if it is possible, would it have any potential negative effect on the final result?

It's been over a month now since I planted the seeds. They just took forever to get started because I didn't listen to what everyone suggested. They seem to be growing just fine now though.

Any feedback, help or tips are really appreciated!

Thanks!

20190305_194247.jpg
20190305_194256.jpg
20190305_194303.jpg

H

Highkev

also, I forgot to mention that I'm growing in Coco coir with Remo nutrients.
This is my first ever grow, using a 1000W HID metal halide lamp with a Blumats watering setup. You can see in the pics that I decided to top them, but I'm wishing I would have started topping them when they were smaller. Also, you can see that my third plant took forever to get started and is way behind. Would it be okay to top the larger plants even lower, and then further top the "new" main branches in an effort to
a) get them to start branching out at a lower level like I'm wishing I had done at the start, and;

and if it is possible, would it have any potential negative effect on the final result?

It's been over a month now since I planted the seeds. They just took forever to get started because I didn't listen to what everyone suggested. They seem to be growing just fine now though.

Thanks!

20190305_194247.jpg
20190305_194256.jpg
20190305_194303.jpg
If they are in veg u can certainly top them more for both a and b reasons. I believe you will have positive effects from what you want to do no negatives. They look good

madgrower

madgrower

Thanks!

20190305_194247.jpg
20190305_194256.jpg
20190305_194303.jpg
Silver mylar don’t do as good as white. Just saying because when you flip to flower it don’t reflect light as good. Nice job btw

S

saniksane

If they are in veg u can certainly top them more for both a and b reasons. I believe you will have positive effects from what you want to do no negatives. They look good
thank you so much for the reply! i really appreciate it. and thanks for the kind words :)

Top Bottom