my olive oil extraction report

• Thread starter leadplant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
leadplant

leadplant

I started with a good amount of some very finely ground indica schwag. It filled an 8 oz cup about halfway.
This schwag was already heavily dry sifted for hash which made the leftovers worthless for smoking. I was gonna throw it away but then decided to give it a last chance with an olive oil extraction. The half full cup of schwag was filled with about an equal volume of olive oil and mixed. I let it sit for 3 days at room temperature. It was never heated or simmered.

Now came time to ingest this. It didnt look appetizing but I forced it down on an empty stomach. I wasnt expecting much cuz it was afterall just schwag. I've had space cookies before a few times which was just OK so I assumed this stuff would only get me mildly high at best.

An hour later, I was a little suprised that I was in fact getting mildly high. OK, here we go, another lame schwag high, big deal.

Well, actually, after another 2 to 3 hours, it started to become quite the big deal indeed. I got substantially higher. Cool, I thought, this is surpassing my expectations. Another hour passed. Then 2 hours. I was getting even higher and majorly effected. Damn, I thought, talk about creeper. OK this is going to be pretty strong afterall. It continued to climb and climb even 5 hours after ingesting it. Then I went over the edge. I became totally incapacitated and was afraid to walk. Then paranoia set in, it got jittery, I couldnt sit down or stand up. It became totally overwhelming and then unpleasant like I was going schizo. I have never felt this high since my teenage experiment days. I now wanted it to stop but it raged on for another 2 to 3 hours before finally passing out for the whole day.

I didnt get nauseous, and I didnt get a headache but it was WAY WAY too much and I would be reluctant to repeat it. I never thought a hardcore, 4 times a day daily smoker like myself would be saying this but it was the 2nd most obliterated experience I ever had.

Not sure if I should call it a warning or a serving suggestion. FWIW

H

hailstone

Hey leadplant very interesting story, thanks for sharing.

So you never heated the bud before ingesting and it was some indica bud no less. I seem to recall reading that THCV needs to be heated to be converted to (delta9-)THC and that indica strains typically have a very high THCV content.

Because then what you may have experienced was a THCV high instead of a THC high. Like eating bud raw without well, having to eat raw bud..

Hmm any pot scientists wanna comment on whether or not any of what I've just been going on about even makes any sense hehe

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Damn lp. I hear ya, it's rare for an experienced smoker to have those kind of experiences. Maybe 1/4 the amount. Sounds like it would play nice with pasta and pesto. :mmm

leadplant

leadplant

Although heat will speed up the extraction, it also destroys some of the THC. Substitute time for heat and it will extract it very well. Butter solidifies at room temps so that why I used olive oil instead. Any oil will work, I think olive oil tastes better. The rank part about it was the weed particles. Youll want to filter that out with a piece of muslin cloth or cheesecloth. In my haste, I took it unfiltered, sucked the oil and spit out the weed particles. The filtered oil tasted just fine but would be much better to spread it on toast or make some bruschetta out of it for you italian food fans. Hererisssh has the right idea with the pesto - just dont heat it.

I can see why medical users prefer smoking because its so much easier to gauge the desired dosage. You can really go over the top by eating and its hard to tell how much is enough. The bottomline IMO, is that eating has a higher ceiling than any amount of smoking. Even 10 huge lungbuster bonghits from a 3 foot bong doesnt come close to eating alot. I'm still a little hungover from it 1 day later and have no desire to smoke anything ATM. Hair of the dog that bit me.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Hehe, thanks for sharing Leadplant, very interesting. Does this mean One will not being digesting cannabis again? :)

D

DragonChaser

the four stages of over-ingesting:
1. Oh My
2. Oh My God!
3. Oh My Fucking God!
4. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I left out the coming down stages

T

TheNman

Interesting....

I don't think i could down olive oil like that though.... and i'm italian!
I like making cookies, as you can very specific control over the dosage.

T

todgerdelburro

funny report there mate, interesting you got so spanked with no heating or water helping the extraction.

reading your story, I could not help thinking of the song 'high as fuck' by john lajoie ... check it out on youtube

K

kill-9

Sounds like me when I thought I could handle eating a lemon bar from the Sanctuary Dispensary in San Francisco. "Don't eat the whole thing at once" said the guy behind the counter. I didn't heed his warning. I couldn't find those things anymore, and haven't gone to a club for a LONG time. The clubs just started charging too much. Street prices for medicine, no thanks.

You can control the dosages better by smoking it. But you can't be smoking it forever. Smoking ANYTHING, even if it is organic, is not good for you. I've never had some but I think you can control dosages just as well with tincture?

nurlord

nurlord

Controlling doses is no tougher through ingestion than through smoking. I mean you really only frak it up one time then you learn. :-)

R

ReelBusy1

the four stages of over-ingesting:
1. Oh My
2. Oh My God!
3. Oh My Fucking God!
4. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I left out the coming down stages

Fifth Stage: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

There's no overdosing here....can't happen.

K

kansasgrown

I find when I convert the weed into oil it is easier to gauge dosage. With weed one strain can blow out another strain, but when converted to oil it seems to be much closer.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
good point. as you may get 3 grams of oil from one type of weed, and 5 or 6 from another. so smoking the weed would have about half as much oil content in this example.

leadplant

leadplant

What made it harder for me to gauge the dose was the kiefed bud I used for the input. It was heavily keiefed and didnt seem to have much resin left. Smoked like pure vegetable matter so I upped the dose. Apparently there was still quite a bit of T left in there.

Top Bottom