My Organic soil mix, looking for input

• Thread starter PufnMuffn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PufnMuffn

PufnMuffn

So I currently have 3 peyote wifi seedlings started in my tent. One mutant, one slow growing, and one normal, each started in roots organic seedling starter mix. I will be transferring to my soil mix as soon as they fill out their solo cups. Anyways, looking for input if the mix sounds viable, maybe some advice on the ratios of the mix as well, and how soon to wait to feed AACT. The mix is as follows:
1 bag of FF Ocean forest
1/2 brick of coco coir/fiber/chips
Earthworm castings
Malibu Compost
Dr. Earth tomato fertilizer
Extra coarse perlite
Dolomite lime
Recharge

Also the tea I plan on using is with compost, molasses, kelp and recharge (maybe worm castings too?)

Last edited:
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

So I currently have 3 peyote wifi seedlings started in my tent. One mutant, one slow growing, and one normal, each started in roots organic seedling starter mix. I will be transferring to my soil mix as soon as they fill out their solo cups. Anyways, looking for input if the mix sounds viable, maybe some advice on the ratios of the mix as well, and how soon to wait to feed AACT. The mix is as follows:
1 bag of FF Ocean forest
1/2 brick of coco coir/fiber/chips
Earthworm castings
Malibu Compost
Dr. Earth tomato fertilizer
Extra coarse perlite
Dolomite lime
Recharge

Also the tea I plan on using is with compost, molasses, kelp and recharge (maybe worm castings too?)
i have yet to understand why folk mixing all the coco in the soil,it leads to more problems,the biggest being ,what is your choice,coco or soil,there are 2 difrent feeding patterns here, im mean if your adding the coco for air or for filler it is the worst for demanding calcium and magnesium.if that is your intent it would be better to add more perlite,that way the media isnt getting mixed signals.
i think you have a good plan,other than the coco ,the coco isnt gonna do well at all with the tomato fertilizer unless your plan is for teas with it,dry scratching isnt gonna help .
so with the ocean forest right off you got at least 3 weeks with fresh soil before you need to feed,so when you do start to feed tea would be your best bet,BUT use the compost ewc fertilizer bubbles as a tea,the lime isnt even needed without the coco in there,see what i mean ,your gonna use the coco then add lime,will it create a buffer ,yes,but it will also take the bag of ocean forest which is ph at 6.5,<,ive check every bag.> then make the ocean neutral 7.
so all in all it your call on this one ,just a few ideas to kick around

PufnMuffn

PufnMuffn

My idea was to amend the coco with ferts accordingly, add perlite, mix with ff ocean forest. add compost, worm castings, dolomite lime, and recharge.
Compost teas are definitely planned to be utilized although I dont have the most experience in pure organics

Also going to be using nectar of the gods nutrients at a mild ratio until I can see what I can push

PufnMuffn

PufnMuffn

i have yet to understand why folk mixing all the coco in the soil,it leads to more problems,the biggest being ,what is your choice,coco or soil,there are 2 difrent feeding patterns here, im mean if your adding the coco for air or for filler it is the worst for demanding calcium and magnesium.if that is your intent it would be better to add more perlite,that way the media isnt getting mixed signals.
i think you have a good plan,other than the coco ,the coco isnt gonna do well at all with the tomato fertilizer unless your plan is for teas with it,dry scratching isnt gonna help .
so with the ocean forest right off you got at least 3 weeks with fresh soil before you need to feed,so when you do start to feed tea would be your best bet,BUT use the compost ewc fertilizer bubbles as a tea,the lime isnt even needed without the coco in there,see what i mean ,your gonna use the coco then add lime,will it create a buffer ,yes,but it will also take the bag of ocean forest which is ph at 6.5,<,ive check every bag.> then make the ocean neutral 7.
so all in all it your call on this one ,just a few ideas to kick around
I do like adding the coco to my mix, the one I get is "growmax" which includes coco coir, fibers, and chips. I feel like it adds diversity to the soil, especially with a solid base like Ffof. The lime is there only because it was recommended to balance the ocean forest ph.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I do like adding the coco to my mix, the one I get is "growmax" which includes coco coir, fibers, and chips. I feel like it adds diversity to the soil, especially with a solid base like Ffof. The lime is there only because it was recommended to balance the ocean forest ph.
i check every bag of soil i buy for ph and ec threw a slurry test,every bag of fox ive checked ,ocean ,frog all have been a ph of 6.5,so dont know were you got the info of buffering it,so you wanted opinions,i gave mine and wish you the best ,you just might figure out how to sawing it,i only answered because im trying to figure who came up with this idea of 2 mediums completly oppiste of each other,so far all that have done it are asking how to fix it about 3 weeks into veg,good luck on the journey mate

W8ing4Buds

W8ing4Buds

If you use soil go soil perlite mix of 60/40 and you are golden. That ia the way i do it.... Well i mix my soil 50/50 and then on top 2inces(5cm) i use onli soil

Top Bottom