My other garden dwellers

• Thread starter BunkerBSMNT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

Cool stuff "as that scene from Young Guns comes to mind" I have some San Pedro seeds I am meaning to plant as soon as I find out more about them.
I like yours though!
Always wanted some.
View attachment 877306
San Pedro is pretty forgiving. I just use regular promos hp for planting seeds and keep the in a humidity dome for the first number of months or till the are 1-2cm talk then just make sure the solid will go dry in a few days after watering and lots of light. Don’t use sand in your mix. 😎 and if you’re in Canada peyote is completely legal and there’s even stores that sell them sometimes! Cheers

BloodShot

BloodShot

San Pedro is pretty forgiving. I just use regular promos hp for planting seeds and keep the in a humidity dome for the first number of months or till the are 1-2cm talk then just make sure the solid will go dry in a few days after watering and lots of light. Don’t use sand in your mix. 😎 and if you’re in Canada peyote is completely legal and there’s even stores that sell them sometimes! Cheers
Yup, I have a link to it and I'm thinking about dropping the hammer on it and a few other things that look interesting to farm!
Thanks for the tips😁

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Cool stuff "as that scene from Young Guns comes to mind" I have some San Pedro seeds I am meaning to plant as soon as I find out more about them.
I like yours though!
Always wanted some.
View attachment 877306
San pedro plants and cuttings are available everywhere. They grow rapidly and are like rabbits, spreading everywhere. They are grown in southern florida and get pretty big. I used to sell them on Ebay a few years back as they are very easy to grow. Just get sandy soil or cactus mix and let them alone. They will grow a foot or more over a few months. Seeds will take quite a while to get established, but just sticking the cut end into the dirt is enough to get it growing. It's the same contents as those beauties in the previous post, but it just takes more of the cactus. Be prepared for a delicious experience.

BloodShot

BloodShot

San pedro plants and cuttings are available everywhere. They grow rapidly and are like rabbits, spreading everywhere. They are grown in southern florida and get pretty big. I used to sell them on Ebay a few years back as they are very easy to grow. Just get sandy soil or cactus mix and let them alone. They will grow a foot or more over a few months. Seeds will take quite a while to get established, but just sticking the cut end into the dirt is enough to get it growing. It's the same contents as those beauties in the previous post, but it just takes more of the cactus. Be prepared for a delicious experience.
"Delicious" from what I read is described as an extremely bitter taste which will lead to nausea and vomiting - a natural reaction to the toxicity!!!
Sounds great:puke2::puke2::p
I have some peruvian torch-Trichocereus peruvianus as well. I read they grow faster and perhaps stronger than the San Pedro.
Interesting stuff. There are several variations of Psilocybe cubensis available here also... as all the above, totally legal to sell the spores and seeds of but when it comes to producing and consuming that's another matter.

Last edited:
BloodShot

BloodShot

Time to transplant!
Any more photos of those peyote?
They sure are neat, would love to see the inside and maybe perhaps hear about them.
Do you consume them and how do they taste?
Do you eat them or make a tea from them?
Eight years, that's dedication!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
"Delicious" from what I read is described as an extremely bitter taste which will lead to nausea and vomiting - a natural reaction to the toxicity!!!
Sounds great:puke2::puke2::p
I have some peruvian torch-Trichocereus peruvianus as well. I read they grow faster and perhaps stronger than the San Pedro.
Interesting stuff. There are several variations of Psilocybe cubensis available here also... as all the above, totally legal to sell the spores and seeds of but when it comes to producing and consuming that's another matter.
I have heard that the Torch strain is stronger, although I can't imagine it growing faster. I'm sure that they grow very similar. In South Florida, it isn't unusual to see these growing ornamentally, reaching hundreds of lbs. When visiting the Caribbean Island of St Martin, they grew wild everywhere along the road, like ragweed. Regarding mushrooms, After an ill advised consumption of a 14 gram P Cyanenses (sp?) specimen, I went places that I've NEVER gone, despite growing up during the psychedelic age. 12 doses of acid din't compare to the experience, and I haven't had any since, despite loving them previously. I went as far as you can go and still come back... there wasn't much more to see. Cactus is a lot different. Enjoy!!

BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

Any more photos of those peyote?
They sure are neat, would love to see the inside and maybe perhaps hear about them.
Do you consume them and how do they taste?
Do you eat them or make a tea from them?
Eight years, that's dedication!
I can take more photos. I actually have around 70 peyotes growing and I planted a bunch when my son was born 8 years ago. Lol I have a few that are almost 20 years old but they got neglected bad last year when I had to deal with my son having all kinds of seizures and o was stuck at the hospital all the time. They got sever spider mite damage but I’m now nursing them back to health.

BunkerBSMNT

BunkerBSMNT

I can tell you from experience Peyote that is high in alkaloids tastes revolting, like chewing on a dog's paw and the flesh is made out of aspirin. Torches and San Pedro are much more tolerable to me. I don't personally puke from Peyote but some do. Peyote has many more alkaloids in it than does San Pedro and Peruvian torch and I find the effects of San Pedro and Peruvian Torches more pleasant than peyote which has a fairly significant body load.
RE: potency, indoor grown Peyote is extremely weak unless hard grown slowly. I've also found Peruvian torch to be hit and miss. One will be strong and another will be weak. San pedro in my own experience grown cacti over the last 20 years seems to be the most reliably psychoactive.
For torches of San Pedro I take an 18inch cutting and slice it and boil it and drink the broth as fast as possible and I swish my mouth with grapefruit juice to get the taste gone.
I haven't eaten peyote in years and I only will if I need that type of mental reset. I find it less pleasant on the both and a much harder trip to cope with at higher does but I find its got more value as a medicine, or that i get more out of the trip than with other mescaline cacti.

BloodShot

BloodShot

I can tell you from experience Peyote that is high in alkaloids tastes revolting, like chewing on a dog's paw and the flesh is made out of aspirin. Torches and San Pedro are much more tolerable to me. I don't personally puke from Peyote but some do. Peyote has many more alkaloids in it than does San Pedro and Peruvian torch and I find the effects of San Pedro and Peruvian Torches more pleasant than peyote which has a fairly significant body load.
RE: potency, indoor grown Peyote is extremely weak unless hard grown slowly. I've also found Peruvian torch to be hit and miss. One will be strong and another will be weak. San pedro in my own experience grown cacti over the last 20 years seems to be the most reliably psychoactive.
For torches of San Pedro I take an 18inch cutting and slice it and boil it and drink the broth as fast as possible and I swish my mouth with grapefruit juice to get the taste gone.
I haven't eaten peyote in years and I only will if I need that type of mental reset. I find it less pleasant on the both and a much harder trip to cope with at higher does but I find its got more value as a medicine, or that i get more out of the trip than with other mescaline cacti.
Very interesting thanks.
I was watching a video last night of a guy eating a peyote and I couldn't believe that he ate a whole one a bit bigger than the one in your photo and he didn't feel much up to five hours later, other than feeling a bit happy. It looked like torture trying to get it down for sure. and here I though all one had to do was cut a small piece off, chew and swallow like in the Sopranos episode. Only in the movies I guess.

Last edited:
BloodShot

BloodShot

Healthy guy
Looks very fresh compared to some of those others.
I like them, just something about the way they look and the way those buttons form around them is pretty neat.

Last edited:
Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Looks very fresh compared to some of those others.
I like them, just something about the way they look and the way those buttons form around them is pretty neat.
Geez how funny hearing you all tripping on peyote , did some long ago, also thc and the mushrooms...ick on the mushrooms too.laughed my ass of on peyote tea...long long ago. The snort of thc was like everything was thick like chocolate syrup....days gone by....my life with weed ...long ago and far far away..growing weed my thang.
Happy growing
😎

Top Bottom