My own creation Stinky MacRiddle

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Yoooo I’m about to try out your style of growing. About to take some more cuts and send these 2 grape gas into flower. I just transplanted like 4 days ago into a 2 gal. Should I flip or transplant into a 3 gal fabric pot before pulling the trigger?
62A04E55 DD6E 4668 B821 38134C7C88AB

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I'm trying small ones now in 2 gal pots, but I'm feeding nutes every other day. IDK with organic...
I was wondering if a 2 gal plastic pot is alright to flower in. I don’t want the plant to get root bound and don’t have experience using plastic pots. I’ll probably up pot to be safe.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

I was wondering if a 2 gal plastic pot is alright to flower in. I don’t want the plant to get root bound and don’t have experience using plastic pots. I’ll probably up pot to be safe.
Transplant but then let them go in the new pot for at least a little while so they can push their roots into the new dirt. If you transplant then flip too soon the roots can stop pushing before going into the new dirt. This happened to me once I transplanted then flipped right away and when I chopped them the old root ball pulled right out the pot and I saw the old roots didn't even go into the new dirt it was like the entire repotting was worthless. I always let them dig in until I see the vigor of new growth, let the plant react to the new soil first then flip. Thats my opinion.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Transplant but then let them go in the new pot for at least a little while so they can push their roots into the new dirt. If you transplant then flip too soon the roots can stop pushing before going into the new dirt. This happened to me once I transplanted then flipped right away and when I chopped them the old root ball pulled right out the pot and I saw the old roots didn't even go into the new dirt it was like the entire repotting was worthless. I always let them dig in until I see the vigor of new growth, let the plant react to the new soil first then flip. Thats my opinion.
Thanks for the input ya I’ll forsure wait like a week before flipping. I should’ve just transplanted right into a 3 gal fabric oh well…

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I'm trying small ones now in 2 gal pots, but I'm feeding nutes every other day. IDK with organic...
I thought you’re always growing smaller ones so now your going even smaller? What size pot do you normally flower in? Also do you use plastic or fabric?

growsince79

growsince79

Agree transplant at flip can be risky, depending on the plant/strain. I get away with it more than I should lol.

growsince79

growsince79

I thought you’re always growing smaller ones so now your going even smaller? What size pot do you normally flower in? Also do you use plastic or fabric?
I'm using bags now. I was using 2 gal plastic to flower, then I went to 3g bags. Now I have 2 gal bags for small plants. Plants I think will be big, I'll use 3 or 5g bags.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I'm using bags now. I was using 2 gal plastic to flower, then I went to 3g bags. Now I have 2 gal bags for small plants. Plants I think will be big, I'll use 3 or 5g bags.
I’m halfway tempted to send em into flower in the 2 gal then I just don’t want them to get pot bound. Ahhh choices choices… you ever get those issues in a plastic pot?

Top Bottom