• Tagged users None
larrybamboo

larrybamboo

Hi peeps,

Here's my little baby.
My plant is about to flower
My plant is about to flower 2
<

So she is about to start flowering and I have two question.

First, should I trim her more? It is too bushy for flowering?

And she is about to be to large for my tent, is it gonna start growing upward since she took all the place in the tent or is it gonna need some tutor?

It is my second grow, thanks for helping me out.

LARRY 😽 xx

High onFire

High onFire

I'd pull the bottoms branches, and also bend that top for the next week or so when you turn her over that way she won't get to tall for your tent. If you leave all that on there you risk getting larfy bud as I'm guessing your growing in soil. Good luck brother

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I would see how it develops TBH, it's looking mighty (hybrid) sativa, and I think your in for a big stretch. What's the strain? Personally, I agree in part with the above post and would consider a super cropping that top cola (smash, then bend it over, tie it down) That way your other cola's can snake up and you'll have a towering cola monster on your hands.

Obviously, you need a good spot to put her. I'm assuming your going to leave it outside at this point to grow. So you need to find a better spot than it's current location.

As for worrying about any larf, your simply not at that stage yet, I would let it develop more, and get all your budding sites well developed first and an indication of how much stretch your in for, then those considerations can be made once the plant has soaked up all that good energy that those massive leaves are producing.

In my mind, the larf is a product of having good sunlight going into flower, then it eventually gets crowded out again. It's just not there yet, to worry about this possibility, let it develop more.

Last edited:
larrybamboo

larrybamboo

Never heard about the super crop but I think it would be good in my case since I have a bigger cola.

Actually here's my actual setup

232076878 364054732118139 3532792699325378057 n

The strain is AK Autoflower, could this kind of stress be too much for an auto?
And I started to see some pistils, is it too late?

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
well if your going to flower it out in the tent, than maybe a little defol might be the best options. I would still wait awhile, I don't like doing those things until the buds have developed to some degree. Your getting bigger now, so make sure you keep adequate ventilation in that area. Really key to have some great air flow.

I would look into some super cropping and this is probably a good time to start that process. Smash the main cola stem, then bend it over (without snapping it) and tie it down to the side of the container with a rope, maybe drill you a hole, or tape it somehow.

I would maybe even consider putting something under that plant, say like a milk crate, something that can allow you to get air all around (and under) the plant. Just raise everything up a bit. Could be helpful.

Here's what super cropping looks like when done correctly. Note the 90 degree bend in the main stem, then it's gradually gown upwards again, but at an angle, allowing the other shoots to gain some foothold. As it develops, it creates a towering cola structure (candlebra) vs a natural Christmas tree look.

Supercrop
Last edited:
larrybamboo

larrybamboo

well if your going to flower it out in the tent, than maybe a little defol might be the best options. I would still wait awhile, I don't like doing those things until the buds have developed to some degree. Your getting bigger now, so make sure you keep adequate ventilation in that area. Really key to have some great air flow.

I would look into some super cropping and this is probably a good time to start that process. Smash the main cola stem, then bend it over (without snapping it) and tie it down to the side of the container with a rope, maybe drill you a hole, or tape it somehow.

I would maybe even consider putting something under that plant, say like a milk crate, something that can allow you to get air all around (and under) the plant. Just raise everything up a bit. Could be helpful.

Here's what super cropping looks like when done correctly.
Yes, it's going to flower in there. I'm going to wait until she gives me more information then.

I'll try to provide her good ventilation.

Would you still bend down the bigger cola?

I'll try to reply when she get bigger.

Thanks for the help!

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Two very different plant sizes, but you should get the idea. First one was left naturally to develop, the second one was bent, to allow the other shoots to come up....

IMG 20200922 162406   Copy
IMG 20210726 060447
larrybamboo

larrybamboo

Two very different plant sizes, but you should get the idea. First one was left naturally to develop, the second one was bent, to allow the other shoots to come up....
Yup I get it, let me work on this now haha

Thanks mate

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yes, it's going to flower in there. I'm going to wait until she gives me more information then.

I'll try to provide her good ventilation.

Would you still bend down the bigger cola?

I'll try to reply when she get bigger.

Thanks for the help!
Yea, I would consider doing that part now, actually. yes. I would find a spot around this area... smash the stem good and flat with your thumb and fore finger, then bend it over.... carefully.... and tie it.

Bend it toward the back, and when you make your smash, you can direct it just like chopping a tree. Where you smash, it's going to bend over 90 degrees perpendicular to the smash line....

226474433 264340425503632 5597942569511363730 n
Supercrop2
larrybamboo

larrybamboo

Oh I just saw the message.

Here what it looks like now.

I didn't ''smash'' the stem, I guess I should? this shit is stressful haha If I understand well, it's going to boost the other colas?

228327932 212235000836757 2900817657695550099 n
226318504 523219278932023 8350259458677548253 n
227545159 179826047546157 2545476776692206145 n

larrybamboo

larrybamboo

Yea, I would consider doing that part now, actually. yes. I would find a spot around this area... smash the stem good and flat with your thumb and fore finger, then bend it over.... carefully.... and tie it.

Bend it toward the back, and when you make your smash, you can direct it just like chopping a tree. Where you smash, it's going to bend over 90 degrees perpendicular to the smash line....
The super cropping is done, when should I remove the thing that bend her down? when all the other cola are at this height?

larrybamboo

larrybamboo

Seems like the plant react good so far!

PXL 20210805 121604637
PXL 20210805 121608739
PXL 20210805 121623788
larrybamboo

larrybamboo

@Frankster

Looks like i'm about to harvest, thank for the tips, she's been reacting really good to all the adjustment I did. 😄

Received 850825422487948
PXL 20210922 134223018PORTRAIT

Top Bottom