my plant is dying ... please help

• Thread starter cichy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cichy

Hi, I am a new grower and I was having such a good grow until this morning... I have no clue what just happened, but the plant got sick in a matter of few hrs. Here is a link to time-lapse ... in a matter of 3 hrs the plant drooped like its dying.

The plant is an Auto in 10 liter pot organic soil with Biotabs. I watered 1liter per 24hs with light on for 24hrs, and never had an issue. The only thing that changed is that I stuck a Ph/Moisture meter down the soil at one of the edges of the pot ... could this have damaged the roots, or is this overwatering? Thanks.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Never water soil every day. You water when it's dry, until it's wet. Then you don't water again until it's dry. Your plant isn't begging you for water, you just can't resist doing it.

See it it recovers by just doing nothing, but maybe reducing light intensity.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

At that size is 1 liter a day really gonna stuff it up like that you think?

Just in case... Dont ever hang out in the grow room with alcohol on your breath.

C

cichy

Never water soil every day. You water when it's dry, until it's wet. Then you don't water again until it's dry. Your plant isn't begging you for water, you just can't resist doing it.

See it it recovers by just doing nothing, but maybe reducing light intensity.
So you think this is overwatering? Will a plant droop like that in a matter of hrs? I had a feeing that is it, but the speed at which it fell threw me off. Thanks

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

So you think this is overwatering? Will a plant droop like that in a matter of hrs? I had a feeing that is it, but the speed at which it fell threw me off. Thanks
Yes it can,poking with the meter won't harm anything,it may actually be beneficial to aerate and loosen the medium

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

29/30 degrees @ 48% RH with dry medium might do this for you, yeah. Stabbing your medium with moisture meters can damage roots. Water until the pot is fully saturated and then do not water again until it is dry. Usually once the top couple of inches are dry I will start watering again until saturation.

Welcome to the farm 🌲

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I believe so, based on the information you provided. Without oxygen, cannabis roots don't work and eventually die.

I don't have a camera on my plants so have never had the benefit of time lapse video, so I can't say, "When that happens to me it means that…" I have no idea if I've ever caused a plant to do what yours did.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

29/30 degrees @ 48% RH with dry medium might do this for you, yeah. Stabbing your medium with moisture meters can damage roots. Water until the pot is fully saturated and then do not water again until it is dry. Usually once the top couple of inches are dry I will start watering again until saturation.

Welcome to the farm 🌲
Unless the plant is a seedling and really delicate,poking won't hurt it anymore than a strong wind would by tearing off leaves.

C

cichy

Thank you all for the support! I cut it down ... checked the trichomes, saw some amber and cut it down and that's ok :) Most important for me is to understand what happened, so I don't make the mistake twice. However, I still don't know what happened. When I cut it down, I checked the roots. The soil was actually dry, roots nice and white, no slime or foul smell ... so I think overwatering might not be it. Also, the plant died on a night after watering, so underwatering is also likely not the cause. So I am starting to think that I stressed it beyond its limits with light intensity (is this even possible) ... I have a modular 6-panel LED set up and I recently (week ago) adjusted the panels closer to the plant with a reading of roughly 80,000 Lux (about 1k PPFD). I also put a CO2 bag in the tent to support the amount of light, about a week ago (is CO2 poisonings a possibility?). All info out there says 900 PPFD is the target for mature plant, so I didn't think twice. But would such overload cause such a quick death? It died like flipping a switch, which I have never seen before. Cheers.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Your over watering, I have a few autos running now that are not much smaller and only water once a week. Allso did you feed it? If so you gave it an od, autoflowers need less than half the nutes of a photoperiod strain.

C

cichy

Your over watering, I have a few autos running now that are not much smaller and only water once a week. Allso did you feed it? If so you gave it an od, autoflowers need less than half the nutes of a photoperiod strain.
hmm, I used biotabs and did not use other nutes.

Top Bottom